Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Impressed with how Del Rio has looked so far this year. The matches with Big Show, a couple good matches with Ziggler, and now good TV matches with Swagger (haven't seen WM yet). The buildup to their feud was kinda awful but at least the matches have delivered; probably Swagger's best since the Christian series.

This is worth repeating after watching last night's match with Cesaro. I don't think there's anyone better in WWE than Del Rio so far this year. Maybe that's setting the bar low but still...

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Show is probably the least watchable top tier guy on the roster for me these days. His character, work and mic are all things I fast forward when watching on dvr.

This wins the award for point of view I disagree with most on this board in the month of April

Is it just me or do Dolph and Kofi have some freaky chemistry where they can have great matches with each other and no one else? Personally, Jericho and Cesaro are two of my top three and last week they couldnt get much out of either. Jericho/Ziggler actually had a really disappointing affair last week. This week Ziggler/Kofi were on fire. Ziggler's offense, which is the most suspect part of his game, looked great. I think Ziggler's bumping helps Kofi a lot.

I have only watched the first half of the show. There is no way my brother and I can sit through 3 hours of that even on DVR. I will say that Columbus crowd was crazy hot for a RAW. Usually, it looks like a WWE crowd would rather be anywhere else. My favorite fan of the year was the middle-aged woman with her hair done and nice big earrings looking like she was about to take in the opera, Carmen, only to pop fucking huge during the Orton/Rhodes match.

The Orton/Rhodes match was so strange. It was a decent match. There were some rough patches, yet the crowd was acting like it was the best match they had ever seen. My brother and I were totally dumbfounded. Orton can be a total bore in and out of the ring, but I feel recently he has at least tried to interact with the crowd, added some suplexes and cut down on the chinlockery. Seriously, the crowd sounded like it was reacting to Savage/Steamboat, but it was just a mediocre Raw match.

Finally, ZUBAZ~! Ricardo Rodriguez is my hero and heroes are forever.

Big Show is probably the least watchable top tier guy on the roster for me these days. His character, work and mic are all things I fast forward when watching on dvr.

This wins the award for point of view I disagree with most on this board in the month of April

Glad I could get in under the wire :)

I had a choice between recording RAW or Little House on the Prairie, I picked LHP. After reading the Raw results, I do not regret the decision.

Little House built up 3 awesome heels - new comers to Walnut Grove, 2 older brothers and a teenage kid. The older 2 set off ripping off Olsen's Mercantile, the local lumberyard, lying to the Priest and eventually smashing the Ingalls eggs and sexually harassing Charles' wife. By this point these men are the best heels ever.

Meanwhile their teen bro is stealing toys from little kids, tricking kids out of their candy and knocking kids off the teeter totter. Mary Ingalls has enough of this shithead and gets all up in his face so he CRACKS her and bruises up her eye. HEEL HEAT!

Anyway - once Charles gets wind of his wife being sexually harassed, he's the best babyface ever and charges over to their house - not fearing the 2 on one situation. He wisely smashes one with a chair and kicks the others ass until his brother recovers and they do a big beat down like they're the Honky Tonk Man and Hart Foundation and Charles is the most macho of fictional Randy Savage's. Only Hulk Hogan doesn't save Charles ...his best friend, the burly Mr. Edwards finds him bloodied and broken.

So now Charles is all Bruce Wayne like after Bane whips his ass. Forced to recover while the tyrants roam the land. Charles being all man, refuses to have anyone else do his dirty work.

So finally all the kids at school get sick of the teen kid and he gets his comeuppance in a 12 on 1 nWo style beatdown that leaves him a battered mess.

His brothers meanwhile are convinced to go to Church, and the Priest is all Brother Love on them, until the big Vince Russo swerve where the Priest locks one of the men in a hammerlock and tosses him into the church wall! The other is surrounded by towns folk and the trio is chased out of town.

One hour of greatness. I'm ready to see the PPV match between the thugs vs Charles and Mr. Edwards now!

I hope Little House beat Raw in the ratings.

It had good parts and loads of filler. The usual.

The Brock/Heyman thing went on for days for no reason. HHH didn't even care! Next week they're having a face to face. I thought that was how feuds were meant to work anyway.

Despite all the shit that's been thrown at him Ryback's been doing a decent job recently. Cena's been unbearable. Sandow's little song was brilliant. He always delivers gold on the mic.

Yeah, RAW last night was pretty fucking good overall.

This seems to be a unique perspective from what I saw around the net.

So what's new? Lately people have been shitting all over the TV WHILE praising the fact that they keep putting out great TV matches. RAW the last two weeks has been really good. You just fast forward over all the recaps and publicity stuff and you have a fine two hour show again.

Cena is a really good wrestler and sometime I think he is a really great wrestler. But holy shit can he be an absolutely fucking awful promo. When he can cut that promo on Ryback this past week, I wanted Ryback to pummel into submission. Ryback, on the other hand, is a shockingly great promo. He gets boring chants for time to time because wrestling fans suck and they want a joke every other line, but I think Ryback Rules on the stick.

Sheamus & Del Rio also suffer from Cena syndrome from time to time on the mic. The WWE has no idea how to market a babyface in this current climate.

Holy shit, that Cena/ Team Hell No vs The Shield elimination match on RAW was fucking awesome. I was totally marking out when Daniel Bryan got the hot tag and beat up the entire Shield. And the Ryback/ Cena stuff after the match was great. And RAW was a great go home show. What I don't get is waiting to announce the undercard for the PPV until a week before the show. Extreme Rules looks like a stacked fun now, but a week ago, it sure as fuck didn't.

How did Extreme Rules not look liked a stacked show last week? Unless I'm forgetting something the only match that wasn't obvious at the end of Raw last week was Ambrose v. Kofi.

I thought Raw was pretty terrible myself and while I enjoyed the aforementioned six-man I was disappointed by it.