Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Fandango' is the next auspicious debutant in the WWE. And like most of their 'gimmicks' he is dated, tired and uninteresting. Not to mention his ridiculous name. He'll fail to get over, job out every week for a couple of months and then get sent home to be repackaged in development or just endeavored. Would seriously love to know who comes up with these gimmicks.

That ADR comedy segment on Smackdown was awful too, I don't know any major television show whose comedy segments are worse than WWEs. I managed about five minutes of Afterburn before flicking the channel.

What I don't understand about Fandango is how anybody could possibly think it could be successful. The gimmick just seems tailor made for somebody that will just flounder around the bottom. I feel bad for Johnny Curtis and I've never really seen much of his work. I know from his appearance on the AOW podcast that he was excited about debuting on SmackDown after NXT but that just went nowhere.

El Generico has debuted in NXT without the mask and is now going by his real name, Rami Sebei. I've seen a lot of the indie fans complaining about this, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. I don't think the El Generico gimmick seemed like something that WWE would be able to get behind anyways.

Posted Image

He looks like a tall Seth Green.

So I haven't been able to get around to watching Raw until now. Does anybody know what was up with the Jericho/Miz/Barrett/Maddox segment? That was just horrible and awkward, even Lawler and Cole were shitting on it. Also, why was this included on the Hulu version of Raw and Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler was cut out?

He looks like Jon Glaser, whose most successful gimmick was under the hood on Delocated.

Maybe Generico could work up a Councilman Jamm gimmick. "YOU GOT JAMMED!"

An evil dentist? That'll never work.

Generico looks like Daniel Bryan in 2010, which means he should be absolutely fine.

He really, really doesn't.

I think it's a great comparison. How does not Generico not fit that exact mould from a look standpoint now?

Posted Image

I guess you're right, other than a tan, muscle definition, nice ring gear, better haircut and a beard that doesn't look like thousands of red pubes glued to his face, Generico looks exactly like Bryan here.

Guest Andrews

Generico looks like Daniel Bryan in 2010, which means he should be absolutely fine.

He really, really doesn't.

I think it's a great comparison. How does not Generico not fit that exact mould from a look standpoint now?

Posted Image

I guess you're right, other than a tan, muscle definition, nice ring gear, better haircut and a beard that doesn't look like thousands of red pubes glued to his face, Generico looks exactly like Bryan here.

Exactly, not to mention Bryan has Hollywood good looks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WWE.com is reporting Cena has an Achilles injury.

We can only hope he takes several years off to heal.

Why would we want that?

No one should want that but if hypothetically he was not around for a year and half or something, it would probably force the WWE to focus their creative energy on someone else. They could then in theory find out if there is anyone else that could carry the company to give them more viable options beyond just Cena. However, seeing how the man's 35 or 36 years old, they should be starting to think about creating a plan for WWE life after Cena. Not to be implemented now, but it doesn't hurt to have a plan in place for when it happens.

Impressed with how Del Rio has looked so far this year. The matches with Big Show, a couple good matches with Ziggler, and now good TV matches with Swagger (haven't seen WM yet). The buildup to their feud was kinda awful but at least the matches have delivered; probably Swagger's best since the Christian series.

Guest Andrews

There was a match on Smackdown last night over a parking space.

Pro wrestling in 2013.

Meh, fights have taken place over just as retarded things for years. There's been shampoo endorsements, stolen jackets, child custody... if anything, we can all relate to a bit of road rage.

There was a match on Smackdown last night over a parking space.

Pro wrestling in 2013.

I actually welcome things like that. Most feuds these days are so formulaic and boring, and many matches have no reason at all except that they need to fill time. It is good that there is a purpose or reason behind a rivalry/match, even if it is something as simple as a parking space. Mini feuds have been built on a lot less.

Also, something like that has opportunities for amusing vignettes or scenes that don't feel forced. The whole Kane/Danielson anger management thing is a perfect example of a fairly silly storyline working great.