Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Cornette Experience

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's pretty honest about everything. She was never a huge wrestling fan, she saw the show as an opportunity for exposure. And when it stopped being fun and didn't help move the needle on her side project that she was really passionate about, she decided to quit. She's a little whiny in how she phrases it, but otherwise I don't see much reason to hate her.

Yeah, but even the people who've been working in wrestling forever tend to make the same common mistake. "If even 1 out of 10 of our regular fans are willing to contribute to Special Project X, then we'll be a huge success!" has been the rationale behind TNA's dismal PPV buyrates for the past dozen years straight. Ditto for all those lousy direct-to-video movies the WWE keeps putting their wrestlers into, which I can't imagine make anything resembling a healthy profit.

The Cornette show has been so much better without her prodding Corny into talking even more about guns/muslims/Bernie. MSL understands his role and lets Jim rant as he pleases but that's about it. This show will only get even better with Brian as the co-host engaging Jim to talk more about old wrestling.

This seems promising. It feels like Brian knows where the good stories are buried in Cornette's mind, and hopefully he gets them out.

I hope that once Brian settles in he will also be able to be the bridge that allows the show to evolve by being able to introduce contemporary wrestling topics.

I don't know how contemporary Brian will get, lol. I don't think he's a big fan of today's product.

I do agree with Migs: that Brian will know where to dig in Cornettes mind for good stories

This seems promising. It feels like Brian knows where the good stories are buried in Cornette's mind, and hopefully he gets them out.

I hope that once Brian settles in he will also be able to be the bridge that allows the show to evolve by being able to introduce contemporary wrestling topics.

I actually really don't need Cornette's take on the modern product, unless he surprises us by liking something. I respect his thoughts, but he's kind of a broken record. I want him telling old stories.

Yeah. When his whining has gotten bad enough that he's making Russo-style factual errors, that's just sad. He keeps talking about how the Young Bucks are what's driving fans away from wrestling today, when they're pretty much the most sought-after and frequently-booked act on the whole indy circuit. You'd think New Japan would stop booking those guys if they were as bad for business as Corny claims.

I enjoy Corny's enthusiasm for tradition and the old days. Some of his stories of the way it was and the old "Wild West" are tremendous.

But his views on current day stuff can be hard to get through.

I'm hardly the biggest Bucks fan in the world, but I can appreciate their game and what they bring to the stage. Plus I had to crack up when they pointed out that Cornette's done countless shoot interviews, radio appearances, and now podcasts in the last decade - ALL exposing the business and breaking kayfabe - yet he'll shit on anyone or anything that does the same.

At some point, I just wish he'd loosen up and find SOMETHING to like in the here and now. Otherwise, yeah. I'd just prefer to hear him gush over the stuff from yesteryear.

I enjoy Corny's enthusiasm for tradition and the old days. Some of his stories of the way it was and the old "Wild West" are tremendous.

I'm hardly the biggest Bucks fan in the world, but I can appreciate their game and what they bring to the stage. Plus I had to crack up when they pointed out that Cornette's done countless shoot interviews, radio appearances, and now podcasts in the last decade - ALL exposing the business and breaking kayfabe - yet he'll shit on anyone or anything that does the same.

At some point, I just wish he'd loosen up and find SOMETHING to like in the here and now. Otherwise, yeah. I'd just prefer to hear him gush over the stuff from yesteryear.

His issue has always been egregious kayfabe breaches within the wrestling program/exhibition itself. Which he's been much more consistent about.

• 2 weeks later...

His issue has always been egregious kayfabe breaches within the wrestling program/exhibition itself. Which he's been much more consistent about.

He actually addressed this on the Drive Thru today. It's not that he dislikes the Young Bucks personally, he's always said that he thinks they're good kids. But, he dislikes the goofy shit they do, like giving the kid a birthday superkick.

• 1 month later...

Yes. That rant was tremendous. I've stayed away from Corny's podcast for awhile - dating back to Alice being on the show, but I'm gonna have to backtrack and catch up on everything since Brian joined the show now.

Awesome piece of audio here though. Highly entertaining listen from start - with the rant - to finish - with Ricky telling some great, genuinely engaging stories of his own.

The rant for funny indeed. First time I heard "cunty man". However I stopped when Cornette talked about LU was a disgrace to pro-wrestling. I really like Corny, but he's so off-base on this. Well, and calling Sami Zayn the "ginger muslim" on the post Mania show just didn't seat well with me.

• 4 months later...