Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Cornette Experience

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listen to the new one with Adrian Street, skip ahead to the interview. Unless you want to hear Cornette being a clueless loudmouth douchebag about Robin Williams. It was actually good to have Alice on as she calmly tried to explain what depression is. Cornette was just all, "Everyone gets depressed", "figure out who is causing you to be depressed and focus that energy on fantasizing about murdering those people", " He was rich and successful, I don't get it!" I wanted to punch my truck speakers.

The Street interview is very good.

The Cornette hate is getting ridiculous. Cornette didn't say much apart from the fact he really doesn't understand doing such a thing basically, and even referred to himself as "an asshole" after Alice put things in perspective.

Anyway. The Street interview is excellent and quite funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Cornette Experience #53: Lance Russell
http://mlwradio.com/jim-cornette-experience-53-lance-russell/

This week on The Experience our guest is the legendary voice of Memphis wrestling, Mr. Lance Russell

In the first of a two parter, Mr. Russell shares with us how he got into the wrestling business, the early days of television, advertising products turning into props, and how a young artist name Jerry Lawler broke into the business. Tune in next week for Part 2!!

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I thought Radley was just fine. She was basically just the Ed McMahon anyway, Cornette did the vast majority of the talking.

Alice put up her side of the story on RWR in a six minute podcast called "I Quit." The combo of Jim's Muslim rant, dealing with assholes on social media, and the fact that nobody listened to RWR even though that was her true passion, caused her to decide enough was enough.

Anybody got a link to that? The episode isn't listed on her Stitcher account, and I don't use Itunes.

JC addressed this on his last podcast. He had apologized to Alice for making her uncomfortable, and admitted that he was purposely overdoing it to make for entertaining radio and to mess with her. He didn't have anything negative to say about her, which means that he must not have heard the I Quit podcast. She didn't mention him by name, but made mention of dealing with 'closet racists' and also only named MVP and Alex Greenfield as people she had nothing negative to say about.

I listened to the Muslim rant again tonight, and there are a few times that you can tell that Jim is trying to have a little fun.

I didn't like Radley but I just mostly overlooked her. It was more of that impression that she gave me that she thought she was being cute/funny sometimes and it was anything but. Overall though I could just tune her out more often than not when listening to one of Cornette's shows.

I love listening to Sullivan most of the time. But I absolutely agree about MSL. I know that not everyone can have the wrestling knowledge that some on here have but to listen to Sullivan giving MSL verbal blowjobs about what a brilliant mind he has makes me scratch my head. I know I've listened to several shows where he talks about a guy and said well I really never watched much of him and thought Jesus Christ dude. You couldn't have been a fan of wrestling. It's one thing maybe to not know the ins and outs of guys like Doug Somers, Jack Victory, or Al Perez but to not know nor have watched some of the legends that he continuously overlooks is mind numbing.

Wow, I didn't realize Alice had like quit the internet. I thought it was just Jim's show. Can't say I'm all that upset though. I agree she always seemed kind of self-important & thought people cared what she had to say. One good thing that should come out of this is MSL seems to try to steer Jim back toward wrestling whereas Alice kind of enabled Jim to go further down the rabbit holes on his religion & politics rants.

• 1 month later...