Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

Warrior going is is cool by me. He was admittedly a big part of my childhood. Would love to see Rick Rude go in as well, he's my biggest omission I think. Jake Roberts & Randy Savage both also deserve it.

I would like to see Adrian Adonis go in but I guess that's a long shot at this point. I would have assumed Honky Tonk Man burned his bridge but with Warrior going in, now you never know.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. T seems like a no brainer to me as far as the celebrity wing. Was huge in the build up to WrestleMania 1 which he wrestled in the main event. Headlined the New York portion of WrestleMania 2. Was also in WCW in mid 90's though to less success. Still did a heck of a lot more than Perry to warrant a spot.

Perry may not be Mr. T but there is no way to explain how over and popular he was on the path to the Bears championship. Seeing him in the Battle Royal after the Super Bowl was so surreal at the time.

Perry was at his peak for popularity and the Battle Royale took place in Chicago. He was going to get a massive pop. But Fralic was a way better promo and all round guy. If he came around in the late 60's/early 70's he would have easily transitioned to wrestling and carved out a good career. Francis managed to be a natural himself and one of the better NFL guys in the ring. Perry was behind both of those two if you are not a Chicago/NFL North fan.

Yeah, not disagreeing with Mr. T's popularity at all... just saying that Perry was extremely popular at the right time for his Mania match. When you add up the nickname, the 15-1 season, the super Bowl win and the Super Bowl Shuffle and THEN Mania... Perry wasn't just a Chicago phenom.

Also, agree that Fralic seemed very comfortable in front of a mic.

Yeah, not disagreeing with Mr. T's popularity at all... just saying that Perry was extremely popular at the right time for his Mania match. When you add up the nickname, the 15-1 season, the super Bowl win and the Super Bowl Shuffle and THEN Mania... Perry wasn't just a Chicago phenom.

I remember Fralic being a guest host on WCW Saturday Night and he seemed to be hinting towards doing some more wrestling. I was always surprised he didn't do more in the business, even in just a guest appearance/referee role.

If you're going to induct a celebrity at the Superdome, you have to try your damnedest to get Muhammad Ali. It may not be remotely even possible. But I can't imagine a better fit for wrestling and that venue.

Why? He only fought in New Orleans once.

He also appeared for Bill Watts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMSBkwuMy1Y

If you're going to induct a celebrity at the Superdome, you have to try your damnedest to get Muhammad Ali. It may not be remotely even possible. But I can't imagine a better fit for wrestling and that venue.

Why? He only fought in New Orleans once.

Ali made a notable appearance for Mid South Wrestling at the Superdome.

But is Mr. T. > Molly Ringwald?

(ducks)

;)

The various news sites have picked up the Warrior letters that Bix posted here. They could have at least given Bix credit for finding and transcribing them.

I know I saw at least one of them elsewhere which inspired me to mention them in the first place. Warrior's full one is another story though.

I thought it was great to see the Warrior letter, and since they are using the exact links Bix posted, I feel like he should get some credit. I know Meltzer had said a couple years back that he had seen a July contract, but to actually see the documents was fascinating. It disproves the false day of Summerslam story that had long persisted, but it also showed Warrior had not told us everything he demanded besides the Wrestlemania main event level payout he was promised by Vince verbally. The truth always seems to lie somewhere in the middle in wrestling.