Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

The thing that bothered me about the Lita video on RAW was current Divas like Summer Rae and Naomi talking about what a "pioneer" she was. I doubt either of them even knew who Lita was 10 years ago.

Summer Rae was seeking out Kyoko Inoue videos on her own in developmental.

That's cool, didn't know that. I know there was a story about her wanting to study Missy Hyatt not too long ago. I watched the Lita video again, it wasn't as bad, no one called her a "pioneer". Just hope Steph doesn't induct her. Don't need her corporate robot speech she did with Trish last year.

I know DDP inducting Jake (if it happens) will work out, but I'm not sure how many casual fans know of their connection. More than a few will wonder why the "diamond cutter guy" is doing the speech.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that bothered me about the Lita video on RAW was current Divas like Summer Rae and Naomi talking about what a "pioneer" she was. I doubt either of them even knew who Lita was 10 years ago.

Summer Rae was seeking out Kyoko Inoue videos on her own in developmental.

That's cool, didn't know that. I know there was a story about her wanting to study Missy Hyatt not too long ago. I watched the Lita video again, it wasn't as bad, no one called her a "pioneer". Just hope Steph doesn't induct her. Don't need her corporate robot speech she did with Trish last year.

I know DDP inducting Jake (if it happens) will work out, but I'm not sure how many casual fans know of their connection. More than a few will wonder why the "diamond cutter guy" is doing the speech.

True. But any such worry will be put to bed in a matter of minutes, with DDP explaining why he is doing it.

Hall should go in with Nash. Maybe Waltman too.They could probably headline a HOF. Michaels and Hunter should induct them. Maybe Hogan, but I don't think Hunter would let anyone else do it. Alternatively I guess you could put them in separately and then induct the Outsiders as a unit to get Hogan in again.

^ Ya' think so?

While I'm not doubting it, part of me wonders if Edge is going to want to induct an ex-girlfriend who, while doing wonders for his career, may also remind him of his second divorce. I don't know - wrestling is a strange world, but to most normal human beings, I'd imagine that this would be a bit awkward...especially for Edge's new baby mama, Beth Pheonix.

^ Ya' think so?

While I'm not doubting it, part of me wonders if Edge is going to want to induct an ex-girlfriend who, while doing wonders for his career, may also remind him of his second divorce. I don't know - wrestling is a strange world, but to most normal human beings, I'd imagine that this would be a bit awkward...especially for Edge's new baby mama, Beth Pheonix.

Well they worked together every day for another 18 months after that, and as far as can be ascertained they are still on friendly terms, so I doubt it would really be an issue.

^ Ya' think so?

Well they worked together every day for another 18 months after that, and as far as can be ascertained they are still on friendly terms, so I doubt it would really be an issue.

Yeah, remember, they had already broken up by the time they became an on-screen couple.

Having said that, it should be Trish Stratus. I mentioned this in a BR article this week, but remember: They feuded or teamed off and on for pretty much their entire WWE careers. Their first big PPV match was against each other (Fully Loaded intergender trios match in 2000), they were partners for the "She's All That" knockoff story and the tag against Christian and Jericho, they main evented Raw against each other in a famous match, Lita was Trish's retirement match opponent, etc.

^ Ya' think so?

Yeah, remember, they had already broken up by the time they became an on-screen couple.

Having said that, it should be Trish Stratus. I mentioned this in a BR article this week, but remember: They feuded or teamed off and on for pretty much their entire WWE careers. Their first big PPV match was against each other (Fully Loaded intergender trios match in 2000), they were partners for the "She's All That" knockoff story and the tag against Christian and Jericho, they main evented Raw against each other in a famous match, Lita was Trish's retirement match opponent, etc.

I think it should be Trish as well. They are true contemporaries and their full-time WWE runs almost entirely criss-cross, timeline wise. Trish already being a hall member helps.

Just hope they don't have AJ induct her. There could be a slight chance of it.

^ Ya' think so?

I defy anybody to watch that Fully Loaded and tell me Trish ever looked hotter than that.

Anyway, both Edge and Trish are good shouts. Even Matt and Jeff if it were possible. All four were strongly associated with her over the years. The safe money is on Trish though. Outside bet: Danny Doring and Roadkill.