Pro Wrestling Only

What are the other notable/popular wrestling message boards?

Loss

I'm terribly in the bubble. I know about here, DVDVR, WKO, Wrestling Classics, Kayfabe Memories and the F4W board, but that's about it.

What other boards are out there that get a reasonable amount of traffic that you are aware of? I'm setting aside issues of quality for now and just trying to get a handle on what else exists.

Apparently I've been following TheRealSmartMarks since the Rantsylvania days, and now at their home over at CultureCrossfire.com

Not sure how I emigrated there after they split off from Scott Keith's empire of sorts, but stayed there. Then apparently after I slacked off from paying attention to the day-to-day of wrestling around 07-08ish they even had their own little mini-exodus after some trolling and the usual crap that comes with communities, I found out about it because I decided to join up in an NFL weekly picks pool they did, but was told "hey, we are here now," and I guess they've expanded to have a bit of a PlaceToBeNation/411Mania type of site in CultureCrossfire.com

Honestly I don't know about traffic, all I know it kind of-sort of has roots, tenuous at best at this point, back to Rantsylvania back in the late 1990s.

I haven't been posting on this forum for long but I love it. It's just guys who want to talk about wrestling at a level which suits me down to the ground. WrestlingClassics which has a very similar vibe which I frequent for news and articles but I don't engage in anymore because my phone doesn't tend to play well with it. Kayfabe Memories is OK, but it can be slow. Sometimes a few days going by without much happening.

I saw that WrestlingForum one a couple of years back. it was all about quantity and not quality so stayed well clear. There was some OK stuff on it, but it tended to get drowned out by crap. There are some utterly tedious forums across the Internet with people either constantly trying to be funny, clever or hugely attached to having an online presence / ego which leads to a painfully cringe worthy environment that only a proper sad case would be interested in.

So this forums great, I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere :P

This place, Wrestling Classics and Kayfabe Memories have the most interesting topics and knowledgeable fans, IMO. DVDVR has become virtually unreadable to me with all the dumb trolling and petty arguments. There are some posters there with serious mental issues.

DVDVR will be cleaned up in time. The best thing to do is report posts so admins can be aware of what is going on.

Kayfabe Memories is the weirdest board. They have threads on really really specific things, obscure, old things. Which is great. Unfortunately, no one ever ... like, talks there. And when they do the quality of conversation is very low. "Remember Arn Anderson, he was great" "Yeah" -- that sort of level.

It's mostly people checking dates and asking stupidly specific questions about tiny things. I must admit I browse there all the time and it can be a great resource. Often imagine the average age of users at KM is people in their mid-50s or older.

I also read Wrestling Classics on occassion, but have never had my account validated there.

Don't bother with any other fora.

Kayfabe Memories is the weirdest board. They have threads on really really specific things, obscure, old things. Which is great. Unfortunately, no one ever ... like, talks there. And when they do the quality of conversation is very low. "Remember Arn Anderson, he was great" "Yeah" -- that sort of level.

It's mostly people checking dates and asking stupidly specific questions about tiny things. I must admit I browse there all the time and it can be a great resource. Often imagine the average age of users at KM is people in their mid-50s or older.

I also read Wrestling Classics on occassion, but have never had my account validated there.

Don't bother with any other fora.

The KM board was really busy years ago. It was the very first board I posted at and still do on occasion. I probably only visit it once a week now. I always liked the uniqueness of having a separate section for each territory. It made it real easy to find certain topics. Plus some posters were experts on a specific territory which made it great for info. I think the novelty of it has just worn off somewhat now as well as some really good posters getting run off over the years. The rule of no talk past 89 probably hurt having younger posters as well ( they did change that rule now to include ECW and go up to 95 I believe).

I don't venture out much. At this point, I know what I'm looking for with wrestling (and discussion of it). In my opinion, there is no better place for discussion, learning, news, etc. than here.

I used to love DVDVR. Still do, to an extent. It's just become one big in-joke between a handful of posters. There's still good stuff there (80's project, obviously).

This place has tangents that end up being more interesting than most topics at other boards.

I just don't bother anymore. I know what I like and I know I can get it here.

Here is an excellent example of a KM thread:

http://www.infinitecore.ca/superstar/index.php?threadid=81883

I was just reading this. There's something about that place I kinda love. It's so ... I dunno. I imagine the members sitting quietly reading newspapers in a library and then one of them comes in with a wrestling card from 1968 and they all get mildly excited about it, briefly. :D

Here is an excellent example of a KM thread:

http://www.infinitecore.ca/superstar/index.php?threadid=81883

I was just reading this. There's something about that place I kinda love. It's so ... I dunno. I imagine the members sitting quietly reading newspapers in a library and then one of them comes in with a wrestling card from 1968 and they all get mildly excited about it, briefly. :D

It's just that kind of place that you know is always there, and if you just come up with a random question while watching dvds or reading old results, you know you can turn there and post it. I admit, it's a great reference tool. I also believe it's not the type of site you need to visit every day. I like to space-out my visits there to maybe once a week, or perhaps a nice long visit once every other weekend. There's not enough action to warrant a visit daily, however a visit weekly or biweekly lends itself to being able to immerse yourself in several new threads.

And really, when you consider it, the site is based on the historical kayfabe era, so there's not going to be a lot of breaking news, per se. It's a site to reminisce.

It's not a message board, exactly, but Reddit's /r/squaredcircle gets a lot of traffic/activity. There are also some huge wrestling communities in subsets of other message board types. For instance, bodybuilding.com's wrestling board is pretty active. There you can participate in stimulating discussions like "Do you prefer a clean shaven Orton or with hair?"

Yeah, I just wanted a good feel of what's out there. Sometimes with new posters you hear things like "Lots of people in the IWC believe Thing X, but ..." and I respond "Does anyone really believe Thing X?", and someone responds that outside of our bubble, yes they do, and that I'd be surprised. So I just want to have an understanding of the big picture, even if I'm not partaking in every corner of it.