Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I can't believe we are two years in and WWE doesn't release a quarterly schedule. Sure, there are ads here-and-there telling us what is 'coming up' on the WWE Network, but what's stopping them for letting the subscribers know that in Q2 of 2016 we can expect The first 2 years of WCW Saturday Night, All of Smackdown 2001, the 'first season' of Shotgun Saturday Night (when it was in a club), etc. It doesn't have to be a HUGE announcement with graphics, etc., but just putting something on WWE.com would be great!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea behind adding all the territory footage was to see if it led to a spike in Christmastime subscribers, according to the WON. Of course, how would anyone know that this footage has been added considering that they crowdsource the hype on social media? Do they just expect people to know every time they add something? Not everyone who follows this stuff is like us (a vast understatement).

I can't believe we are two years in and WWE doesn't release a quarterly schedule. Sure, there are ads here-and-there telling us what is 'coming up' on the WWE Network, but what's stopping them for letting the subscribers know that in Q2 of 2016 we can expect The first 2 years of WCW Saturday Night, All of Smackdown 2001, the 'first season' of Shotgun Saturday Night (when it was in a club), etc. It doesn't have to be a HUGE announcement with graphics, etc., but just putting something on WWE.com would be great!

I suspect the reasoning behind not doing that is they wouldn't want you or I to look at the schedule, not see anything being added in the next three months that we like, and then cancelling our sub until we do see something we want or like.

The idea behind adding all the territory footage was to see if it led to a spike in Christmastime subscribers, according to the WON. Of course, how would anyone know that this footage has been added considering that they crowdsource the hype on social media? Do they just expect people to know every time they add something? Not everyone who follows this stuff is like us (a vast understatement).

Dave's befuddled response to you on twitter was gold: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/675008843265404928.) :)

Stuff like that is basic, common-sense marketing, you would think. But then, it took them almost two years to figure out that gift cards were a good idea. WWE is just bafflingly incompetent at times.

I'm even more surprised that they don't promote this stuff with current and past subscribers. I have had two accounts as a few months ago I switched to a different address (after they figured out how to hike up my USD price because I am in the UK) so on their database I show up as a former subscriber.

I haven't seen a single mention about the territory footage in either mailing list.

This is stuff that WWE should know about me:

I'm an over 30 male who has never watched a WWE Network PPV live (except for Wrestlemania... I fell asleep during the last part but they still don't have the technology to know THAT). I have not watched most of their B PPV's (live or on-demand) but I have watched every single major NXT show. I have not watched any Main Event or Superstars episode. I have maybe watched at most a dozen post-2010 Raws on the network and 0 Smackdown episodes. I have watched every pre-1992 show on the network (except for a handful of TNT), some of them several times. You'd think that the way to get me back on board wouldn't be an email saying that they miss me with a giant HDR photoshopped picture of Roman Reigns. Your Big Data is telling you quite clearly that, no, I do not give a single fuck about Roman Reigns. A picture of the Horsemen and Dusty telling me that, hey, we just uploaded 100 hours of NWA/WCW/TBS/Saturday Night, why don't you come back? Or a reminder that I used to like NXT, since you left all of these matches have happened, here's a highlight video of what you have missed.

BTW I work in the data world and analysing all of these trends is super easy and you can bet that they are collecting all of this data, but they just like to compare themselves to Netflix without doing any of the actual behind the scenes work that Netflix does.

Didn't someone say it would be impossible to convert some of those CHVs digitally due to how primitive they were? I remember some of them towards the end being encoded in EP mode.

See, that's just realistic, complicated, and boring. Let's just go with "megomaniacal super villain who wants to ruin childhoods and bury old timey wrestling cuz cocaine and blah blah"

Didn't someone say it would be impossible to convert some of those CHVs digitally due to how primitive they were? I remember some of them towards the end being encoded in EP mode.

It hasn't stopped people on XWT-Classics.

Sek I truly believe deep down Vince is a sociopath who wants WWE to NOT outlive him by much. So my answer to your question would be............sort of no.

nujuIzA.gif

Pretty sure that they own the unprotected masters and, at an case, they should still possess the original footage.

Most of the CHV were posted on Classics or 24/7.

It would be a good Christmas present to have the Best of WWF series. "Best of the WWF" is potential false advertising as the tapes featured a lot of George Steele, Moolah and midgets. Enough little person wrestling that it makes you wonder if VKM himself had a hand on the match selection. However there were some great or rare bouts on these tapes such as the Paris 1987 matches (this tape wasn't actually on Classics as the original has got All Japan Women matches), Hogan defending the title vs Rude, Roberts/Duggan vs Andre/Rude, Adonis/Savage/Race vs Piper/JYD/Steamboat elimination, Hogan and Piper vs Race and Orndorff and plenty of other stuff with good workers like Tito, the Harts, Savage, etc.

Pretty sure that they own the unprotected masters and, at an case, they should still possess the original footage.

It would be a good Christmas present to have the Best of WWF series. "Best of the WWF" is potential false advertising as the tapes featured a lot of George Steele, Moolah and midgets. Enough little person wrestling that it makes you wonder if VKM himself had a hand on the match selection. However there were some great or rare bouts on these tapes such as the Paris 1987 matches (this tape wasn't actually on Classics as the original has got All Japan Women matches), Hogan defending the title vs Rude, Roberts/Duggan vs Andre/Rude, Adonis/Savage/Race vs Piper/JYD/Steamboat elimination, Hogan and Piper vs Race and Orndorff and plenty of other stuff with good workers like Tito, the Harts, Savage, etc.

One of these things is not like the other things. I've seen a lot of good midget matches. Not so much on George Steele or Moolah matches.

One of these things is not like the other things. I've seen a lot of good midget matches. Not so much on George Steele or Moolah matches.

WWF midgets? Of course we are not talking about Espectrito or Damiancito el Guerrero here.

Butch Cassidy, Haiti Kid, Lord Littlebrook, Karate Kid, Cowboy Lang, Little Louie, I guess you could say Littlebrook's troupe.

I have never seen any of them in a good match but I usually skip them or stop paying attention.

Actually the other day I saw a Stampede midgets mixed match with WWC's Barrabas and some other dude that was alright as comedy.

See, that's just realistic, complicated, and boring. Let's just go with "megomaniacal super villain who wants to ruin childhoods and bury old timey wrestling cuz cocaine and blah blah"

Where are either of you getting the idea that WWE's archive consists of EP mode VHS tapes? :)

All of the main line, numbered WF001 to WF140 something, were in SP. The only ones that were in EP were the 20+ 60 minute compilation tapes marked WS900 to WS920something. In other words, probably 85% of Coliseum Video releases were in SP.

Regardless of what speed these Coliseum Videos were released in, the company owns the actual studio masters that the VHS releases were made from. These studio masters are of much higher quality than any VHS. Grab any WWE Blu-Ray or DVD release with a Coliseum match (or even Turner/NWA/WCW) and you'll see it looks better than any VHS quality match. WWE has broadcast quality studio masters, not consumer quality VHS.