Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I'm picking up what you're putting down, Beast.

Yes, Bret is completely within his right to tell Vince and co. "Fuck you, pay me!" as far as the Stampede footage goes. But, Bret also always tries to paint this picture of his fans meaning everything to him. Hell, he first made nice with Vince ten years ago to participate in the WWE produced Bret Hart DVD, to make sure it was the best possible product for the fans, instead of another Ultimate Warrior hatchet job.

So, you'd think that Bret would try to work something out with them, so that the fans could enjoy this footage that probably 95% of the network subscribers have never seen and would thoroughly enjoy.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question would simply be this:

What is the point of holding onto the rights to those matches if he's not going to sell them? And let's face it, if Vince doesn't buy them will there be a single other bidder?

So Bret is fighting for the right to keep those matches in his bedroom?

Surely he wants to get paid or there wouldn't be an issue.

I said Bret screwed Bret on the basis that he's likely holding out for a better offer, and given that Stampede is probably the lowest thing possible on anyone's priority list, this means they likely never see the light of day again.

My question would simply be this:

What is the point of holding onto the rights to those matches if he's not going to sell them? And let's face it, if Vince doesn't buy them will there be a single other bidder?

So Bret is fighting for the right to keep those matches in his bedroom?

Surely he wants to get paid or there wouldn't be an issue.

I said Bret screwed Bret on the basis that he's likely holding out for a better offer, and given that Stampede is probably the lowest thing possible on anyone's priority list, this means they likely never see the light of day again.

Shocker of shockers. I made this same point on the previous page . Of course with less sentences. Lol

Some of this reaction towards this Stampede footage and Bret Hart is hilarious to me. So y'all really think a person, who owns something, should just let a major corporation use what he owns without his permission, compensation, or without working something out with him first? Yikes.

Why do you imagine he was offered something?

According to Meltzer, it seemed like a pretty cut and dry situation. Hart called them a few times, the company didn't do anything. Then as soon as Hart said he would have his lawyer look into the situation, McMahon quickly got involved and told him the footage would be taken down the next day (which it was). No mention of any compensation or prior consent. Maybe something is getting worked out now afterwards, which would be cool, since I would like to see the footage if a deal is struck with Hart.

I guess Ray Carney should just have kept those Mark Rappaport films, done whatever he wants with them, because they can't possibly be worth anything and who cares what Rappaport wants.

Anyways, wish WWE would upload more footage it actually owns, which is more than plentiful, but whatever.

Just because the footage is down doesn't mean there isn't a deal in progress. It's not like that is something that would get done in 2 days time. Obviously it's going to involve a lot of lawyers and paper work because that's just how something like that would go. It's not going to be a "handshake" deal.

I'm not sure it's going to see the light of day again though because I'm just not sure Vince sees it as something worth paying for to have on the Network.

That was kind of expected to me. It seemed like the stuff they uploaded were things they already had converted and sitting around from COD or compilation DVDs/Network specials. And now with the issues with the Stampede stuff I feel like that makes it more likely they just drop off from uploading any more territory footage.

For what it's worth, the Stampede category is still showing up in my Watchlist, but there are no shows available, of course (Roku).

Did anyone catch this week's Breaking Ground, and did it look - for lack of better terms - oily and out of focus? Wasn't my connection, because I tried Unfiltered for a couple of minutes as a test and it looked perfect, as did content on other streaming services.

For what it's worth, the Stampede category is still showing up in my Watchlist, but there are no shows available, of course (Roku).

Did anyone catch this week's Breaking Ground, and did it look - for lack of better terms - oily and out of focus? Wasn't my connection, because I tried Unfiltered for a couple of minutes as a test and it looked perfect, as did content on other streaming services.

Are you sure it wasn't just Baron Corbin?

Anyways, wish WWE would upload more footage it actually owns, which is more than plentiful, but whatever.

With all the Starrcade events being available in the PPV section, even the ones that predated PPV. I hope to see Crockett Cups and Superstars on the Superstation get added too.

I'd like to see the Japan Supershows and Kollision in Korea added as well. And the Turner releases of the Great American Bash show's pre-1988.

With all the Starrcade events being available in the PPV section, even the ones that predated PPV. I hope to see Crockett Cups and Superstars on the Superstation get added too.

I'd like to see the Japan Supershows and Kollision in Korea added as well. And the Turner releases of the Great American Bash show's pre-1988.

The Supershows are on NJPW World if you don't mind Japanese commentary. I'd like to see all major pre-PPV shows from NWA/AWA/Mid-South/etc. There is no reason that those shows aren't on the network if they are in their vault. The network should be as much of an archive as it is a network. There are so many wrestling fans from so many generations, all of it has value to somebody.

I'd imagine that they're waiting on some numbers before continuing with adding more old shit. Like Loss said, just keep it streaming. As well as the fact that they might look at the amount of hours put up and be thinking "that's a lot of content", not thinking that maniacs with apparently nothing else to do are binge watching. 😀