Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the people saying Houston footage being owned by WWE would be worse and not better. They're releasing full TV shows in order and nothing seems to indicate that they can do that with the Houston footage. Not to mention that a lot of the matches we got on NWAOnDemand wasn't played on TV so if they even did manage to put together the TVs and upload them we'd still miss out on a lot of stuff.

I don't see any reason to believe that if WWE had gotten the Houston footage instead of Bruce Tharpe that we'd have seen more on WWE Network than what we've gotten from NWAOnDemand, I imagine it would be a LOT less.

"It belongs in a museum!"

No chance in hell we would have seen even a fraction of the footage we have if this had been sold to WWE first. Mainly for the reasons Matt D laid out, but also once Houston is part of the massive collection, it gets marginalized. We've seen a total of 1 Georgia match on the Network, a pretty famous and historic territory. Think we'll see another one any time soon?

I'm curious as to whether there is maybe another collection Corgan could purchase to start his own library.

I'm not sure there's anything out there that could be used to start a library. Memphis rights are a mess (and even if they weren't WWE would get first dibs via Lawler), the only Portland stuff I've seen was from the stash Buddy kept in his garage and not the greatest VQ. Those are the only two I can think of that would be worth purchasing.

WWE does not own the St. Louis library then you have stuff like the Savoldi collection that has a lot of different stuff in it and the PM Films collection owned by the Martinez family that has stuff like Southwest and a lot of other odds and ends in it.

Bruce Tharpe did say that he'd had other people reach out to him when he started the site & try to sell him their tape libraries but that he didn't have the time or resources to handle anymore than what he was already doing with Houston.

Christian also posted pics of his wrestling boots on Twitter wondering if they still fit, so he might be contemplating a comeback.

How do you make a comeback when you were FORCED to retire in the first place? Unless he's gonna wrestle somewhere else and I don't get the sense he would want to go slum it in GFW or ROH, especially considering how unhappy he looked when he got inducted into TNA's Hall of Fame.

Christian also posted pics of his wrestling boots on Twitter wondering if they still fit, so he might be contemplating a comeback.

How do you make a comeback when you were FORCED to retire in the first place? Unless he's gonna wrestle somewhere else and I don't get the sense he would want to go slum it in GFW or ROH, especially considering how unhappy he looked when he got inducted into TNA's Hall of Fame.

oY3qBL.gif