Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 30 (Yes! yes! yes! Yes!)

goodhelmet

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of the near falls had me. Was expecting a big babyface coronation with him lifted onto shoulders, but it was decent as it was. Match was fine, picked up towards the end and it was probably the right match for the situation, they mostly brought the crowd back.

Hogan wasn't exactly prominent considering he was shilled as the host. Rock & Austin were minimal as well, I was hoping for a clusterfuck with those three fighting off the authority, rock bottom on HBK type shit. Michaels wasn't on the show at all which was pretty surprising, figured he and Nash might at least do something with Scott Hall. No Vince either, which was weird for the thirtieth anniversary.

Excellent show in the end, can't complain at all. One amazing match, and quite a few good ones, plus it all flowed well and felt like a huge show.

They milked the nearfalls well at the end.

They did those brilliantly. Totally hooked me.

The one that really got me was the opportunistic Orton pin. I thought they were going to have him steal it for a minute. I mean, I didn't, but part of me still did.

As a whole I don't know how to feel about the show. Part of the problem was that my feed was really bad at points (the very end of the HHH v. Bryan match, the first half of the battle royal, parts of Wyatt v. Cena), and part of it was that I didn't like the way the show was laid out. Hopefully I'll be able to formulate some coherent thoughts later.

You know Matt... Sometimes a guy deserves his moment alone in the ring.

And that wasn't it!

I'm kidding. It was great but I think you can have both. They already went over the 45 minute mark. Let it go three more minutes and have the locker room pour out.

I'm with Will on this one. Bryan has been on his own the whole time. It was right for him to celebrate on his own. No reason to share the spotlight.

They are so lucky to have Bryan in that spot to send the crowd home happy after Taker losing.

It's amazing how anyone else on that roster would've failed miserably to bring that crowd back. It's also funny how HHH of all people was instrumental on heating things up for that main event, once he and Steph showed up the fans woke the fuck up.

And for those who thought she'd never get comeuppance, not only did Steph bump, but she watched her husband get beaten and more than that, watched Bryan become the face of the company.

I loved the nod to continuity with heel Armstrong ref.

But yeah, it was a night of great Karma for Hunter.

As a whole I don't know how to feel about the show. Part of the problem was that my feed was really bad at points (the very end of the HHH v. Bryan match, the first half of the battle royal, parts of Wyatt v. Cena), and part of it was that I didn't like the way the show was laid out. Hopefully I'll be able to formulate some coherent thoughts later.

I watched it on the Network on my ps3 with not one single issue.

I expect them to push hard that this is a new era starting tomorrow night. With the exception of Cena/Bray (I agree with Strummer that he probably won only because they thought both Cena and Undertaker losing would be too much), every match result was designed to put over the new guys.

This really felt like the first Mania in a while where major shit went down. Taker's streak is done and so is he (from the look of things), they finally christened Daniel Bryan as THE guy and Cesaro had his moment in the spotlight. Kane and The NAO were swiftly dispatched and things feel so different now. It's certainly not perfect but the future is bright.

My feed was just about perfect all night. Occasionally, split-second drops in quality are the worst I can report. Otherwise, no buffering or lag or anything like that. Loved the show overall, I'd put it as one of my favorite WrestleMania's without any doubt. It was nothing to write home about in ring, but the booking made for some magic moments, or infamous in Taker's case.

They are so lucky to have Bryan in that spot to send the crowd home happy after Taker losing.

Goes to show how amazing his run has been, what other babyface have they had that could've been capable of pulling that off? Not Punk, not Batista during his initial run. You'd probably have to go back to Cena in 2005 before the fans turned on him. (Not counting Rock)

You got to give mad props to HHH tonight and I'm not a guy that likes him. Great work in the opener, great stuff in the main. Almost every single one of his annoying tendencies have been curbed in the past month and the ones that haven't, have been used to get more heat.

Great & memorable Wrestlemania. Don't think anyone will forget this one anytime soon. Bryan got his moment & retribution. The Undertaker lost, thus ending the Streak. Triple H was arguable the MVP of the night, with the best entrance, best match & resurrecting the crowd in the main event with his run-in after they were dead from 'Taker losing. Good night all around. Stream was awesome on the Network. Glad I watched, no complaints. I'm a happy fan.

Oh and that Bray Wyatt concert introduction was fucking incredible. Holy shit!

We've talked a lot about Hunter in the last year. Was that his best match ever?

I'd have to revisit it in the future and divorce any emotion from it but it was certainly the most surprising one. The way he worked in it was really refreshing, you can tell the dude was relishing a long match with Bryan.

Did everyone else's stomach drop when Lesnar pinned Taker? I'm a grown man, that shouldn't be my reaction to wrestling!