Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 30 (Yes! yes! yes! Yes!)

goodhelmet

I think everyone in the Super Dome was confused when Lesnar won. The people sitting in front of me got up and walked out when they realized Undertaker had lost. A lot of other people were pissed that it was Lesnar who ended the streak. I would really like to rewatch it on the network because it came off very underwhelming in person.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's how Taker wanted to go out good for him. I'll have to give the match a rewatch, but it totally lost the group I had over. I didn't know I could have such a visceral reaction to a three count at this point. Hopefully they get a lot of use out of Brock this year.

Anyways, Raw should be interesting tomorrow.

For the first time, in a long time, I feel like RAW being three hours long tomorrow will be a blessing not a curse.

Brock Lesnar ended the twenty-two year long Undertaker undefeated Wrestlemania streak.

Daniel Bryan overcame The Authority, Batista & Randy Orton to become WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Cesaro won the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal & The Real American broke up.

A.J. Lee defended her Divas Championship against basically the entire female roster.

The Usos retained their tag team championships.

The Shield crushed Kane/Outlaws.

We have to see new feuds start, some people will get rematches, I'm sure. Brock Lesnar said he wanted a title shot a couple months back. Alberto Del Rio & Sheamus eliminated each other in the battle royal. I'm sure Randy Orton & Batista will stick around at the top of the card. Triple H is going to be pissed. The Wyatt Family & Cena saga I'm sure will continue.

Definitely a lot going on & that's not counting how hype the crowd will be & any potential big returns.

I think Brock should get his win back against Cena at Money in the Bank. Hold Bryan-Brock till Summerslam. I don't want them rushing into Bryan-Brock.

Bryan/Brock could be so good in done right, all the stuff they can do with the size difference, the different MMA strikes they bring to the table, legit MMA vs. submission wrestling, etc. Go off the blueprint of the Morishima/Bryan match from ROH. I only worry that my expectations are so high in could never live up. Bryan/Brock at Summerslam would be so amazing, at the same time I wouldn't be able to object to having it in only a month. In that case, Summerslam could have a Cena/Bryan rematch.

I never saw the streak ever ending... Speechless, well done WWE! Even if it the intitial reaction was utter disbelief and hatred, it does pose an interesting possibility:

Did they end the streak to make the outcome of a Sting/Undertaker or subsequent Taker-mania (if he's not actually done) match(es) unpredictable?

Guest The Jiz

Wow, this is the only Wrestlemania where I predicted every match outcome (except for the divas and battle royal - don't care for the former and just had no clue for the latter). It's cool to see Undertaker lose, and I wasn't shocked since his whole charade with the Shield hinted that his days were numbered and that Lesnar is a guy UT would job to with a smile. What's the word on his hospitalization?

I have not tread this thread yet or looked for reactions on the internet yet

I thought Brock beating Taker was great. In my mind in the buildup to the match it made so much sense for Brock to win. The streak is boring. Taker is old. And nobody really thought Brock would win, just, because....

So, it was really cool that Brock broke "The Streak". It doesn't diminish Taker at all. He looked very old and rusty in the match, and like I said on this board before, him beating a monster like Brock would have been unbelievable.

He can do a retirement match gimmick next year or whatever, and Heyman and Brock can crow to the cows come home for the next year.

I don't know what the deal is with Brock's contract, but I'm expecting him to do more dates this year and win the belt. It makes sense. They wouldn't have put him over Taker if that wasn't the plan. Brock-Batista down the road? Brock-Bryan? Sign me up

Ok, I'm reading the thread now

Brock was carrying Taker in the match, it was very obvious

Taker probably refused to beat Brock, because it would have been ridiculous for him to do so

The Streak was a fun gimmick, but it overshadowed every Taker match. Now if Taker has another match it's way more interesting. He didn't need to be 22-0. His record speaks for itself.

I'm looking forward to Paul Heyman shouting at the moon and THE BEAST INCARNATE BROCKKKKKK LESSSSNAR destroying everything in sight

I liked the Main Event a lot

The Batista Bomb into in an RKO on the tables was INSANE......and I never want to see that spot done again because it looked like it killed both Orton and Bryan, and probably wasn't fun for Batista's body as well.....but it was a cool spot, WM moment, etc.

I know that a lot guys on this board don't care for Orton much, but I'm a big fan of his work, and I thought he was aces in this match. Batista too.

Guest The Jiz

From the Wrestlemania feedback:

Hi Dave,
Just wanted to give my thoughts on WrestleMania 30. What a crap fest! I give the show a big thumbs down! I ordered the show on PPV, and feel like I got mugged for $70.00 bucks. On PPV, there was a 2 hr pre show of nothing but a commercial promotion of the PPV which played on a loop for 2 hrs before the live show started at 4pm. They could have provided the pre show they broadcasted on the network, since I just paid $70.00 bucks, but nope.
Anyway, there was some good moments during the show, but the show was really bad in my opinion. It started off with a bang with Hogan, Rock, and Austin in the ring together, and I also enjoyed seeing the legends during the show, but most of the show was going nowhere fast. After the show I wished I was back at the Silverdome too instead of the Superdome, lol!
HHH VS Bryan - Probably the best match of the night, but their brawl on last Monday was actually better. It was good to see Bryan get the win and advance to the main event.
Outlaws / Kane VS The Shield - Would have been a great match if they gave it some time. But they obviously rushed it for some reason, there was some good moves, but it was over too quickly.
Andre The Giant Battle Royal - Cool spectacle, I was hoping Big Show would win, but Cesaro winning was a good choice if they are going a new direction with him.
Cena VS Bray - I actually didn't watch the match and used it as a bathroom break and food run. I'm so stinking sick of John Cena at this point, I usually just fast forward through his matches, but since this was a live event, I had to leave the room for other reasons. Would someone please make Cena just go away already?
Hall of Fame Segment - Was cool to see the Hall of Fame inductees introduced to the crowd, but felt rushed. I was mostly amazed about how well both Jake The Snake and Scott Hall looked.
Taker VS Lesnar - The match was just bad. But I can live with that part. I'm just super pissed that they ended the streak. Why would they do this? That's a huge selling point of WrestleMania and literally took over 20 years to get a streak for that long, and for what? Just to have the streak end on a crappy note to Brock Lesnar? It's a slap in the face to the Undertaker and the fans for having him lose to Lesnar. Brock does not care about WWE, does not care about the streak, and only cares about the paycheck. If Taker was going to lose, at least have him lose to someone who deserves the win and can benefit from it. Someone that will be around for the long term, not someone like Brock who only performs about 2 months out of the year depending on his contract. The most botched angle since the WCW invasion. One can only hope there is an angle here, and somehow Taker get's his win back?
Divas Match - Typical Divas match at a Wrestlemania, having everyone do their signature moves and getting the match over with as quickly as possible. I feel sorry for the Divas every year at Mania since they never get their Mania moment.
Orton / Bryan / Batista - Good win by Bryan and good choice to finally make him champion so we can see where this goes now. But even with winning, Bryan still lost, since the crowd was mostly deflated from Taker losing. The crowd came back to life a few times during this match, but it was just not really the same after Taker lost. So Bryan finally wins his battle against the authority, finally wins the title, but now all the talk is going to be about Taker losing. Who is booking this crap? The WWE just has no respect for it's fans anymore, and I don't think I'm going to order another PPV for a very long time. I'm still undecided about the Network, I really don't like the idea of watching WWE programs on my computer or mobile device, just work out a deal with a cable company already. But I digress!
Best "Match" - Hogan / Rock / Austin in the ring together.
Worst match - Taker / Lesnar - Mostly because they ended the streak.
Thanks,
Jon Southerland
Clovis, Ca.

These are the jaded tards who really make me hate a lot of smart wrestling fans and all the more reason to appreciate this forum. Look at the rhetoric. CRAP FEST, TWO THUMBS DOWN, GOT MUGGED, THEY RUSHED THE SIX-MAN TAG THAT DIDN'T EVEN LOOK GOOD ON PAPER FOR SOME REASON HAR HAR, JOHN CENA SUCKS!!!!, BROCK BEATING UNDERTAKER IS DISRESPECTIN' THE BIZ AND REMINDS ME OF DAVID ARQUETTE WINNING THE PRESTIGIOUS WCW WORLD TITLE THAT HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE 1904, MOST BOTCHED ANGLE SINCE INVASION!!!, BRYAN WINS BUT LOSES SO VINCE RUSSO MUST BE BOOKING THIS LIKE SOME 1999 WCW PPV!!!!

It's such a failed attempt at sounding critical, where you namedrop a bunch of historic events, engage in the most exaggerated rhetoric possible, and you try to sound smart doing so. I don't know where these people come from. Anyway, it's for this reason why I hate the PWTorch because it feeds off of these tardisms.

I'll never understand why people with such a narrow-tipped jaded cynicism decide to watch these shows at all besides for self-indulging mental masturbation...

I still like the "I don't want to watch WWE on my computer or mobile device! Just work out a deal with the cable companies" whine because obviously there is NO WAY to get the Network on your TV.

As far as Lesnar/Taker goes I don't think there is any reason to get angry at WWE. I would imagine the way that match played out and the way the Streak ended was all Taker's idea. He wrestled the whole match like an old man who was finished. I'm pretty sure he could have looked better than THAT if that if he wanted to.

I really want HHH to decide that now he has to "make a deal with the devil" and decide to give Heyman the title shot he's been asking for.

As an aside, I get that they wanted to end the show with Daniel Bryan's celebration but I missed the old WrestleMania staple of doing a highlight video of the whole show at the very end. Have they not been doing that for a while?