Pro Wrestling Only

How can we improve PWO?

goodhelmet

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things have died down thank goodness. I am all about the lazers.

I literally have no clue what you mean by "spirit of the times."

It makes no sense when you quote half a sentence.

But Dylan seems too stuck in defending the accusation that the board is unwelcoming due the strength of opinion. Where all I have ever cited was the spirit of it at times.

You seem to think it is just a strength of an opinion issue. When I was referring primarily to the point that the spirit of the discussion can be non-productive and personal. Such as the name calling and goading experiences I cited.

I am flat out work and study wise this week. I am not prodding the beast again just clarifying what you wanted clarified.

I would like to chime in to show my support for PWO. I am a 21-year old from India who has never had access to anything but WWE and had not heard of dirtsheets for the first 6-7 years of his fandom. As such, this place is a goldmine for me, and gives so many opportunities to learn about wrestling, something I love from the bottom of my heart. It is like going to school. I understand the criticism about hive mentality, but if anything, it has been beneficial to me. I came here thinking Shawn Michaels was legitimately the greatest wrestler the world has ever seen, and then I saw a bunch of intelligent posts breaking down Shawn's weaknesses in minute detail, and I learned so much. That, to me, is the strength of PWO: the intensive discussions. That should be encouraged. Although I still believe Shawn was a very good wrestler, for example, I have learned to appreciate the chinks in his armour a lot more. Thumbs up to PWO for that. I do not even post much. Just lurk here and soak up the information.

I think that part of the problem is that there are accusations being thrown around about the board when no actual opinions on wrestling or wrestlers are presented. Generally people who post here expect you to have your own opinion and be willing to express it, regardless of what they may think of it. Yes, maybe some of the people are dismissive about certain wrestlers or criticism of others. But they will be dismissive of you if you lack the confidence or commitment to your own opinions that is required to express them in a forum like this. So don't be afraid, just write what you think/feel about wrestling and all will work itself out.

Also, keep PWO the same. It's great as is.

Also re: the board...I don't think anything needs changed or improved (other than lasers of course). The "PWO is a monolith of opinion" seems like an excuse made by people who get mad when they are asked to provide reasons for said opinion. I'd wager if someone came here and stated they feel a well regarded wrestler sucks, and stated the reasons why they feel so, people here would probably be accepting of that viewpoint even if they don't agree with it.

This board is awesome.

For years, I contributed to another (I won't say the name because I think that'd be poor form) and felt like one of the only posters who had actually witnessed wrestling in the 90s and could write fairly confidently about American pro-wrestling of the past 20 years.

Then I found this place and realized how little I knew.

I am so appreciative of the fact that for some odd reason my login still works as, if there was bullying to be done, surely I would be one of the easiest targets here.

But the fact is, I'd rather be the dumbest guy in a room full of intelligent, well-versed, knowledgeable wrestling fans than the smartest guy on a board populated by fans who, much of the time, subscribe to a "flock-like" mentality of what is good and what is bad and can't even really defend it. Here at PWO, you'll find posters that praise Bunkhouse Buck and others that call him the drizzling shits and that is much more interesting to me than reading redundant "Turn Cena Heel" arguments.