Pro Wrestling Only

Worst Professional Wrestler Ever?

Fantastic

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the criteria in the start of the thread also disqualify most of the modern WWE Divas?

I'll throw a few names out there. Daffney may not be the worst, but with her experience level (granted she was likely working hurt during the end of her TNA run), she never impressed me in the ring.

Ice Train/MI Smooth, who in hindsight, was a poor man's Mark Henry. He had some cool (ha ha) tights but not much else.

Kelly Kelly, while a "model picked from a catalog", had a 5 year run in WWE and yet never ran the ropes well or learned a finisher outside of a roll-up, despite usually being passed off as a more upper-tier Diva.

i seem to recall brutus actually putting in more effort than usual around 1990 or so, before the accident. i thought he was downright watchable at that point but maybe my memory is off

also, i'd rather watch singh than strongbow. at least the former LOOKS like a threat and isn't pretending to be of another race...

Question for the '80s WWF project guys: is there a single good Hillbilly Jim match out there? Was he at least passable before breaking his leg? Did a Harley Davidson vs. Jerry Lawler match ever make tape?

The '89-'90 version of Jim was easily worse than Beefcake, though granted his career wasn't as long.

Mighty Zulu: http://sportsandwrestling.mywowbb.com/forum2/1043.html

This is what's written about him there: "Yeah, possibly one of the worst workers to have a 15-20 year career and never actually improve one iota.."

There is stuff on tape from San Fran and obviously Dallas from 1986. If you really want me to dig stuff up on him, I'll put it on my list of things to do to see if he's on any of the 1980 Memphis I have. You'll see he has a pattern of starting hot in a territory, then quickly falling down the card before leaving. His Japan run in 1983 is semi-legendary as the worst gaijin run of all time.

From the picture and the footage I've seen, at least before he got older, he had a tremendous physique. I think that he was a guy promoters probably saw money in when they saw pictures and decide to bring him in with a push.The fans got excited about seeing him before he gets in the ring, and then it all falls apart after the bell rings and he's quickly on his way.

Long career yes, lots of matches on tape, no. There are a few snippets though.

Just checked and the most stuff you can find of him on youtube is from 1980 Memphis under the name Magnificent Zulu. So that saves me the trouble of looking for stuff.

vs. Tony Boyles

Even if those 1972 results are from his first year in the business, this is an 8 year pro by 1980. Wrestling this match looking like he's doing a 1991 Undertaker tribute.

Gronda/GROON XXX easily. That guy is still going strong to this day. Does Rosa Mendes count?

I forgot this dude. Gronda is worse than Sicodelico, that's for sure.

Worst woman from Japan: I was going to say Shark Tsuchida from FMW but her crony with the orange hair (can't remember her name) was even worse. The FMW women's division was atrocious except for the ex-AJW trainees anyway.

Worst Japanese wrestler who went to proper major league dojo training: Ryuma Go?

Is that the same who had a good serie with Fujinami in the 70's ?

Yes... I forgot that, so I guess that disqualifies him. That means that the worst major league dojo trained Japanese wrestler ever has got to be a flip coin between The Hiroshi's: Wajima and Tanahashi. (Sorry, couldn't resist being a troll)

He had good matches with Hogan? He wrestled Steamboat? When?

WWF @ Landover, MD - Capital Centre - August 17, 1985

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan pinned Brutus Beefcake

WWF @ Toronto, Ontario - Maple Leaf Gardens - May 26, 1985

Ricky Steamboat pinned Brutus Beefcake

I'm not proclaiming either of these to be all time classics or anything, but I think they're both good, with the Steamer match being the better one.

Ice Train/MI Smooth, who in hindsight, was a poor man's Mark Henry. He had some cool (ha ha) tights but not much else.

Nah, Ice Train was green but showed some potential. He never got the chance to developp. Poor Big E Langston would be a more fitting description actually. He wasn't that bad and actually had some fun little matches here and there.

Did he have any other matches in the U.S.? I know there are some semi-legendary stories of guys wrestling him in Nigeria, but this is the only time I know of him traveling here.

After viewing the match he's obviously very unpolished but I don't think it's one of the worst performances I've ever seen. He still has those impressive leapfrogs and his botches aren't of the "make you embarrassed to watch wrestling" type I used to see all the time in Divas matches.

Revisiting both men's careers isn't something in my "to do" list but wasn't the Honky Tonk Man considerably worse than Beefcake?

I really haven't watched any 80s WWF house shows and it's really not even on the list of things I want to see but I know that Honky's pre-WWF career smokes Beefcake's.

Did he have any other matches in the U.S.? I know there are some semi-legendary stories of guys wrestling him in Nigeria, but this is the only time I know of him traveling here.

After viewing the match he's obviously very unpolished but I don't think it's one of the worst performances I've ever seen. He still has those impressive leapdrogs and his botches aren't of the "make you embarrassed to watch wrestling" type I used to see all the time in Divas matches.

re: Uti

Not that I can find. I thought it was unpolished until he slipped and did the splits doing the bodyslam spot. That pushed it to WTF territory for me.

Either way I think you're right, I don't think he's the worst, especially considering I doubt they had great pro wrestling schools in Lagos in the 80s. There is a match against Festus on YouTube that's just ... I don't even know how to describe it:

Tugboat had a great big splash, that really cool single underhook headlock suplex thing. and was more than competent showing vulnerability during the 92 Natural Disasters babyface run, and on the flipside pretty good in their squash matches. Not a great wrestler by any means, but I don't think he rates here.

I think Honky would only count in something like this if someone cared only about workrate.

I'm not trying to be a troll, but this is the "worst ever" thread not the "list wrestlers you don't like" thread. I mean I'm not sure I would call Billy or Bart Gunn "good" but I couldn't even begin to place them on a 'Worst Ever" list along the sides of Tiger Jeet Singh. Same deal with Randy Orton & Kane.

I mean more likely candidates for this thread would be a guy like Warlord who was nothing without Barbarian, Angelo Mosca Jr. who didn't last long but grew up in the business and was REALLY bad, also maybe Brian Adias as a guy I've never seen do anything remotely interesting but was around a while and had opportunities in WCCW.