Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

Even before the unfortunate Smackdown ending, it seemed like they were planting seeds for a turn with the whole "I tried my best and gosh darn it, it just wasn't enough" deal they were doing already.

Hell, turning heel would be the best thing for him since he's clearly never going to be the #1 babyface and they badly need heels.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Kane and Big Show are blowing holes open in the middle? ha!

Have they done a WWF(E) football game yet? So many ways to start feuds..

Watts did this and I've just missed it somehow right?

1/1/96, The Raw Bowl.

Oh my. I'm not sure I wanna click that.

But I meant an actual football game. Like Paul Heyman is coaching Team Brock, makes a bad play call at the end of the game. Brock fumes. Umbrage taken. Turn executed. FEUD!

I'd say it's silly... because it is. But hey, it's WWE, run it the week before the super bowl and remind folks football is ending and RAW is coming back into your lives.. so here's where everyone is at.

hey remember in his second week back Bryan did a clean job for Bray and people were like "It doesn't matter because he's clearly winning the Rumble and the title again at Mania and they are just setting up Bray as a future contender!" HAAAAAAAAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

but yeah I do think a heel turn might do him good at this point. They clearly see no value in him as a top babyace

So Kane and Big Show are blowing holes open in the middle? ha!

Have they done a WWF(E) football game yet? So many ways to start feuds..

Watts did this and I've just missed it somehow right?

1/1/96, The Raw Bowl.

Oh my. I'm not sure I wanna click that.

But I meant an actual football game. Like Paul Heyman is coaching Team Brock, makes a bad play call at the end of the game. Brock fumes. Umbrage taken. Turn executed. FEUD!

I'd say it's silly... because it is. But hey, it's WWE, run it the week before the super bowl and remind folks football is ending and RAW is coming back into your lives.. so here's where everyone is at.

The Raw Bowl is AWESOME! Well, not really, but there is some neat stuff with the time out rule and the funny jerseys.

It's the same as that reddit post alleging that Roman Reigns flunked a drug test. People ran with it because they wanted to believe there was a way for Bryan to get into this year's main event, even though the source wasn't even remotely close to credible.

It's becoming a bizarre psychology experiment at this point, it seems. I've never seen any company so hell-bent on damaging something they could have made serious money off of. Dave seems to be of the opinion Bryan's too nice of a guy and they want guys slotted at the top to be cutthroat. Bryan doesn't seem to be wired that way so they don't consider him main eventer material.

When you mention Dave, he came up with an interesting hypothesis a few weeks ago. If Bryan had stayed fired in 2010, he could have been in Styles' position now in NJPW.

to be fair, the level Bryan was at in mid-2013 to his injury eclipsed that and if WWE had actually pushed him like they should, nobody would be saying he'd be better off elsewhere. Now, just about every decent worker in that company would be better off elsewhere.

The problem is, a lot of the guys who get into the business do so with the specific dream of making it to WWE. Even those guys who end up making a living on the indies or in Japan/Mexico might not feel they really "made it" unless they work Wrestlemania.

I think of the interviews Kurt Angle has given where he talks about meeting fans who think he quit wrestling after leaving WWE. I wonder if a lot of those guys are not as worried about the job satisfaction as they are the fame and wide exposure that comes with WWE.

I have no doubt that Bryan would have better matches and deal with way less political nonsense if he was working a combination of ROH/NJPW, but you have to wonder if he would consider that not really making it. I think for a lot of these guys it's WWE or bust, sadly.

His comments over the last few months have been more along the lines of "I wish people would make the most of their opportunities. I can't wait to have the chance to make Smackdown as great as I possibly can."

That to me seems pretty damn healthy. He gets the limitations he's against and he's going to make the best of the situation instead of being miserable. Are the limitations stupid? Sure, but his response is very positive.

I know this will never happen, but I have to ask anyway: How much would a Daniel Bryan be worth per appearance on the independent circuit right now? It seems like he could make a killing, although probably not as much as he's making in WWE.

I'm just curious how high a star of that magnitude could put his price tag. I know when he was released in 2010, even when he wasn't nearly as hot as he is now, he actually made better money on the indies than he was making in WWE.