Pro Wrestling Only

Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

JaymeFuture

Hate even MNW era DX. Especially the invasion of Nitro thing.

Best and least lame version by far was when it was new age outlaws, x-pac and HHH as a foursome.

You didn't see the 2006 version of Triple H and HBK. By far the worst shit ever put on television not written by Vince Russo.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum… I wonder what picture you looked at. Check it on Youtube. Only Jason Sensation (obviously, and he was the only amusing part of the whole deal) and Chyna weren't blackfaces. Looking at this today, it's downright appaling. And Triple H was so not good at comedy.

Shawn amused me a little, he seemed to be far more self-aware at how stupid it was to be playing cool guy at his age, but those brief moments aside ("Oh I LOVE Mr. Fuji!"), the first few months of the returning DX was horrible. Never needed to see Coach's ass.

2006 is a pet peeve in general in terms of reaching for the past so often. Was hilarious to hear them give the company line of "the new ECW can't be about the past, it has be about new guys like Test and Knox", and then see them trot out Hogan, Foley, Flair, DX, McMahons and others for key spots throughout the year.

I liked DX all the way up until they got the music, so not very long. I really loved them pre-Montreal in 1997, if only because Shawn Michaels at that stage was probably the most viscerally hated heel in the history of the company. So many moments, but that promo where he has the Canadian flags tucked in his shorts is pretty wild.

I liked DX all the way up until they got the music, so not very long. I really loved them pre-Montreal in 1997, if only because Shawn Michaels at that stage was probably the most viscerally hated heel in the history of the company. So many moments, but that promo where he has the Canadian flags tucked in his shorts is pretty wild.

Kinda the same thing, although I enjoyed them longer, basically because that was Shawn's best heel work ever. But as soon as they turned babyfaces, it became silly. I was a Nation fan.

The DX comebacks, from the very few I've seen, is something I'm glad I'll never witnessed, and won't revisit, ever.

Off the top of my head, that's the same promo he does the backflip off the top rope to show his knee is fine. It's almost funny how much of an asshole he was. But he was absolutely despised in that promo. Including the very loud "faggot" chant that illustrates just how much times have changed.

Also, may be reading too much into things, but Shawn seems to absolutely hate the Rick Rude association and barely acknowledges his existence during that run.

Also, may be reading too much into things, but Shawn seems to absolutely hate the Rick Rude association and barely acknowledges his existence during that run.

I really liked Rude with DX, because he looked like the toughest bastard ever and brought an aura of dangerosity to the stable. I guess that's why Micheals didn't enjoy it, because him and HHH couldn't even pretend being tough in real life, while Rude was. Double Rude after Montreal remains of of my favourite moment of the MNW.

huge DX fan from Sept .97 until they turned babyface in May 98. I've mentioned this before but obscenity spewing face HHH is his best incarnation. I didn't even mind him in the two DX comebacks.

BTW does anyone remember the RUN DMC DX music video in early 2000 with HHH, Steph, Road Dog, X-Pac and Tori trying to act all hip-hoppy? Pretty hilarious in retrospect

Shawn amused me a little, he seemed to be far more self-aware at how stupid it was to be playing cool guy at his age...

Shawn has said that he knew he was playing the "old uncle who's no longer cool" in the later DX, so he was self-aware. Triple H, on the other hand, was still supposed to be "cool." That didn't work out nearly as well.

BTW does anyone remember the RUN DMC DX music video in early 2000 with HHH, Steph, Road Dog, X-Pac and Tori trying to act all hip-hoppy? Pretty hilarious in retrospect

Run DMC in 2000 ? I mean, all respect due to the allmighty Run DMC, but as far as pop culture relevance, it's hilarious that WWE would be that far behind. Even WCW getting Master P in 99 was more relevant (if ill concieved). Well, maybe that means they can get Kelis singing "Bossy" for Sasha Banks at next Mania. Now, that would be all kind of awesome for Banks (and would make my day, I'm a Kelis mark).

Tori going hip hop ? Interesting, since apparently she was a yoga/new-age kinda girl.