Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber 2015

Fantastic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the order of entrances/exits sucked, but PTP-New Day was fun violence. Titus and Cesaro threw dudes around. Whatever Kalisto was doing looked weird and Ascension always fail, but everyone else looked good. Would have been better to let them all do more, esp. Cesaro, but I don't think him/Kidd needed to win or even be in the last two teams for it to be a good match. PTP become newly worthy contenders for New Day, and you can run Cesaro/Kidd vs. Players in two weeks for #1 contendership.

Whoever booked the order of eliminations in that match should be killed.

Absolutely. The Ascension look good for the first time ever... taking out both high-energy Hispanic teams. Then they kill the PTPs' heat by having Darren take out Cesaro.

I'm playing catch up. I thought that they looked good too. Especially Viktor, both his clubbering and his power offense.

I think knowing the outcome and looking back, all the move spamming and kickouts work well. The problem with that stuff is that it seems lame and too much in a match that isn't legitimately epic and important. Given the outcome, that match was legitimately epic and important.

Cena vs. Owens

-- MOTYC. No idea how I rate that versus the Rumble 3-way, Brock/Reigns or Nak/Ibushi, but its right there.

-- John Cena delivered one of the best performances of his career, and one of the most selfless I can recall any star ever delivering. He gave Owens everything, was beaten throughout, let him kick out of every one of his big moves and then went down clean as can be.

-- Its premature & sounds crazy, but that's the type of performance that merits Wrestler of the Year consideration for Cena, either now or perhaps retrospectively. Performances like that, versus Zayn and others that put over new stars are just so rare and special and can only be delivered by someone at his level. Just incredible.