Pro Wrestling Only

They clearly said on the TV Show that there were two main events, Parv.

Doesn't matter, I'm arguing this precisely because I've argued with people on this very board who don't accept Flair vs. Savage or Megamaniacs vs Money Inc, or many other matches that there billed as co-main events but happened to go on first. On this very board. What was the main event of Summerslam 92? So it's only a real main event when it's convenient for your argument?

I mean all those matches were clearly billed as co-main events in build, on the front of video tapes, on posters, etc. Will, as an example, tends to use the last match as the main event when he's doing his Summerslam retrospectives. Fans have a habit of only seeing the last match as the true main event. Come on now.

They should have put the women on last if they had complete faith in it.

So you're being inconsistent on your very own argument that shows can have multiple main events just to be a troll? Got it.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor (Ladder Match)

- I don’t care what anyone says, that Balor entrance is awesome.
- Owens setting up the ladder and then punching Balor in the face is awesome
- 2nd awesome Owens punch… stepping on the ladder and punching Owens in the face
- I was digging everything up to the point where Owens sells for no reason after hitting Balor with the powerbomb.
- Owens is such a smart wrestler. He doesn’t cling to the ladder so the other guy can push him off. He hops off and hits the guy with a superkick.
- Overall, one helluva a finish and a pretty good match.

The brutal stomping on Bayley's hand during the Bank Statement was awesome, but it was really bad layout to follow that with the finisher stealing. She should have made it to the ropes and done almost anything else. Yes, she couldn't hold it, in part due to the hurt hand but I don't think that came across well enough in her work. Still, it was a great match, but whoever put that together screwed up that moment. (Also, the transition with Banks going off the ropes should have been clearer in causality). In general, I loved the match, though.

The crowd tomorrow is going to be so interesting compared to tonight. They went nuts for Blue Pants, for the Tag finish, for Bayley. I wish Sasha would have been a bit more frustrated after losing the belt. I get why they did what they did and it was emotional, but it felt like a Curtain Call moment, especially after her entrance and the sheer amount of character she showed in the match.

On the other hand, she sold the neck. Selling > hugs.

Definitely a lack of kids in the crowd relative to Full Sail, which felt like a shame.

This was a great show. Sasha/Bayley was another MOTYC. I actually liked every match on this card. Balor-Owens was real good and Joe-Corbin was satisfying. Liger was awesome especially when he did the pose with Breeze's camera. NXT continues to deliver on their big shows. I hope they keep it up.

While it may not have been the same ratio as Orlando, there were lots of kids/families in the crowd. They may have been drowned out by the 50/50 reaction that the dude-bros were giving to Banks, but Bayley's fans came in force. Plenty of gangly, high-pitched data entry guys in "I'm a Hugger" shirts pulling for her as well.

Women stole the show. Much better match than the main event, and it was much more over in the building. Crowd seemed to know that Owens stood no chance of winning, and they teased Attitude Era weapons spots that weren't going to happen. I liked the Ladder Match, but it was no comparison to crossface wars and the power of hugs. Nuclear reaction to Bayley's win. The response to the submission counters was as loud as anything I've ever heard in a wrestling show.

This really was the night to pull the trigger on the Divas movement, and you saw the difference between the way this is being presented here vs. RAW. It'll be very interesting to see Banks two nights in a row in decidedly different roles.

On a show full of interesting happenings.......Gedo being backstage at the show instead of ROH is the most interesting especially after the ROH/NJPW co-promotional deal was announced.

Wow. And they announced a lot of dates yesterday on the ROH show to prove that relationship is stronger than ever. Very interesting indeed.