Pro Wrestling Only

JvK's Six-Factor Model for GWE rankings [BIGLAV]

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knocking your system it's just still weird to me to see something like Mark Henry getting a point for playing the Sexual Chocolate character but Kawada doesn't get that arbitrary bonus point because he never played a character other than Kawada. Entertaining seeing where everyone is starting to fall in place though. Looks like this was a ton of work and thought.

Couple of nitpicks. Steiner's +3 seems generous (All Japan?, Indies?) what evidence supports this.

Wont matter in long run but I would certainly give Fuyuki a +1 in ability to work brawls, +1 to get over in multiple markets ( AJ, WAR, FMW).

Steiner was SUPER over in India while Ring Ka King was still a thing so that should take the place of All Japan.

Waltman's Offense and Psychology might need to be higher. Plus only two great matches?

The great matches rating isn't a rating for number of good matches, it's a composite rating out of ten for how many great matches they have had at the 4.5+ level.

What are the Waltman 5-star matches I'm blanking on?

Does anyone rate the early Jerry Lynn stuff that highly? I believe some folks were high on his stuff with Wellington in 1990 but I haven't seen that yet. I've always found him a consistently above average worker who can rip off three and a half stars in his sleep, but never reached that 4.5 level.

People were just as high on the Lynn matches that made the 1990 Yearbook as they were the Wellington match. It's just that the Wellington match hit YouTube, so more people have seen it. That stuff from PWA pre-dated Global, though not by much. It was on the 1990 set when it should have been on the 1991 set.

The teenager in me needs you to increase Rock's score, even if it by one, just so that he beats Triple H.

In all seriousness, if Triple H gets 98-02 as a peak, when in 02 he was legitimately one of the worst wrestlers in the world, Rock should get something like 99-03. Hollywood Heel Rock was genuinely amazing, and I would say he was easily one of the best wrestlers in the world at minimum for 2 years.

Hunter certainly does not deserve 98-99, as he was very much mediocre. In 2002, he had like, a record of awful, horrible main events, so he was a legit contender for worst wrestler of the year. 2000-first half of 01 is the only period I can see giving him the peak rating.

I genuinely think that in '00-'01, Rock was one of the 30 best wrestlers in the world too, fwiw.

Hunter certainly does not deserve 98-99, as he was very much mediocre. In 2002, he had like, a record of awful, horrible main events, so he was a legit contender for worst wrestler of the year. 2000-first half of 01 is the only period I can see giving him the peak rating.

I genuinely think that in '00-'01, Rock was one of the 30 best wrestlers in the world too, fwiw.

If Hogan isn't getting 83-7, Rock isn't getting those years either.

The L rating has been pretty consistent on insisting on guys who could really go, and Rock just not quite there even at his peak.

Not knocking your system it's just still weird to me to see something like Mark Henry getting a point for playing the Sexual Chocolate character but Kawada doesn't get that arbitrary bonus point because he never played a character other than Kawada. Entertaining seeing where everyone is starting to fall in place though. Looks like this was a ton of work and thought.

Wait... wasn't KAwada a comedy guy in Hustle? Shouldn't he get a bonus point for not taking himself too seriously?

I think I am not going to rank Fujiwara or Maeda. It is what it is.

It means Regal and Scorpio are now the only workers left to rank.

Going to watch a handful more Regal matches and then do them. I am struggling to see how he doesn't score 7+ in all six categories right now and I reckon he might get a beastly score.

THEN, I am going to make a thread for fun giving the Top 10 workers in each of the six categories.