Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: Dallas

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought it was funny that according to Dave they passed on Tanahashi for being 39 yet to me Nakamura looks so much older facially.

I wonder if the inherent homoerotic undertones of wrestling kept anyone from doing a Freddy and/or MJ tribute act before. They're probably the two best showmen in music history, and both seem like such a no-brainer fit for a wrestling gimmick.

I just thought it was funny that according to Dave they passed on Tanahashi for being 39 yet to me Nakamura looks so much older facially.

I wonder if the inherent homoerotic undertones of wrestling kept anyone from doing a Freddy and/or MJ tribute act before. They're probably the two best showmen in music history, and both seem like such a no-brainer fit for a wrestling gimmick.

What was reported about Tanahashi?

What was reported about Tanahashi?

A question was asked why was just Nak signed and not Okada or Tanahashi. Dave said Okada had no interest in leaving NJPW and they felt Tanahashi was too old and beat up.

Devitt really is a plastic pro wrestler. The mold the likes of him and Seth Rollins come from is my absolute least favourite.

I'd take Rollins over Ballor almost 10 times out of 10. Rollins knows how to hit all the emotional highs and lows to go with all his flying and cutsie offense. He added tons of layers with that championship run and he was always more or less solid on the indys. How Ballor gets that entrance every big show, and still remains one of the most wooden wrestlers they have is mind boggling to me.

That entrance last weekend did him no favors in my eyes. It was like something out of a bad haunted house in the '90s. Oooh, he's waving a chainsaw!

They were in Texas. It was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre homage.

Yeah a lot of people really missed that and it is a shame. Then again some people probably shit on it simply because it involved Finn but hey, it wasn't awful. I will admit though that I was confused for a minute until it clicked for me.

If that was the intent, they missed the mark badly. Even the live audience seemed to be treating it like a fart in church. Maybe some sort of leathery mask would have helped, maybe over the face, call me crazy. Regardless it still felt like something from a shitty Rob Zombie-type haunted house.

I got the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reference right away, but it was still kinda lame IMO.

A few weeks ago Terry Funk gave Dean Ambrose a chainsaw.

Last week Dean Ambrose went to the ring to collect weapons for his fight with Lesnar, he grabbed everything including the barbed wire Mick Foley gave him. However he did not grab the chainsaw.

On NXT Finn came out with a chainsaw.

You can't do this shit in the same company.

A few weeks ago Terry Funk gave Dean Ambrose a chainsaw.

Last week Dean Ambrose went to the ring to collect weapons for his fight with Lesnar, he grabbed everything including the barbed wire Mick Foley gave him. However he did not grab the chainsaw.

On NXT Finn came out with a chainsaw.

You can't do this shit in the same company.

Technically, NXT is a different company, but yeah...

Bet most people thought it was a Funk/Ambrose reference instead of a movie reference.