Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Mania 32... Live As It Happens

goodhelmet

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

Most choreographed match on the show and it was still mediocre. Way too many spots wedged in to make Jericho seem like "the wily vet" genius. Reminscent of 2000s HBK being depicted as the agile cat-like athlete while constantly blowing spots. So many moments where Styles had to hit awkward flimsy offense just so that Y2J could counter it. Calf Crusher was good: Styles Clash always getting countered wasn't. Finish was obviously terrible: hopefully Styles can now exit this feud and move on.

Dome setting is great for this show: way better than broad San Francisco daylight last year. Feels like the biggest show of the year, and the lackluster card has over-delivered so far.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jericho/AJ angle is fine on TV, but then all that work is negated when they get to the PPV and Jericho slops around all over the place, counters all of AJ's moves, gives him no shine, botches his shit, kicks out of AJ's finishers and then wins the fucking Mania match. Jericho is supposed to be the fucking heel, and here he is showing up the younger, flashier guy he's supposed to be jealous of and then beating him clean as a sheet. Get fucked.

The Jericho/AJ angle is fine on TV, but then all that work is negated when they get to the PPV and Jericho slops around all over the place, counters all of AJ's moves, gives him no shine, botches his shit, kicks out of AJ's finishers and then wins the fucking Mania match. Jericho is supposed to be the fucking heel, and here he is showing up the younger, flashier guy he's supposed to be jealous of and then beating him clean as a sheet. Get fucked.

I said on Twitter, isn't it just ABC booking that the new guy has to go over the established guy on this major stage? They could have made a star. What did this make?

Yea the angle has actually been good but the matches have sucked. A fine reversal of usual WWE policy.

Ole chant is used by the Montreal Canadiens hockey team, which I'm guessing is why El Generico/Zayn is associated with it

This is correct for the Zayn thing, WWE.com mentioned it before too

I thought it was because El Generico used Ole by The Bouncing Souls as his theme music.

Ole chant is used by the Montreal Canadiens hockey team, which I'm guessing is why El Generico/Zayn is associated with it

I thought it was because El Generico used Ole by The Bouncing Souls as his theme music.

Right.

That's also true, the semi-kayfabe reason for Zayn is the montreal connection and he may have chosen that music as Generico because of the Habs, but that I don't know