Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the "Ugh, can you believe this guy from current times got votes" when a couple months ago there were posts of "Even if you haven't seen enough, still turn in a ballot"

Just feels weird.

Also, Magnum, Psicosis, and Ogawa are drops from my list. I'm just happy none of my top 50 are gone.

I'm actually enjoying it. The hue and cry of "NOOOO! MY FAVORITES ARE DROPPING AND SO TOO IS MY OVER-INFLATED SENSE OF HOW MUCH MY OPINION MATTERS!" is really quite spectacular. I've gone from dreading being the high vote on Triple H to kinda hoping I am just so I can bask in the knowledge that my vote has just as much value as the guys who seem to think that their bias is somehow more justified. Carry on, gents!

Seriously. I kinda want to go back and revise my ballot so it's just WWF New Generation guys in alphabetical order.

I am a little stunned to not be the high vote on Verne. Paul Volsch and I need to hang out.

I had Psicosis at #48 (the highest on my list to go so far) and looking at my list I could have at least moved him up 4 more spots.

Still wouldn't have helped get him past freaking Edge though

One of my few big regrets from the lost podcasts with Stacey is that we spent a lot more time talking about Psicosis and also about how you can go back to watch those old AAA matches with an eye that it doesn't SEEM like a lot of people were watching them with (with Phil #1 and Phil #2 probably an exception) and Psicosis' personality shines. He strongly defied my expectations in a good way when I went back to see those in the last few years. i was sad he didn't make my list.

I had Psicosis at #48 (the highest on my list to go so far) and looking at my list I could have at least moved him up 4 more spots.

Still wouldn't have helped get him past freaking Edge though

I didn't have Psicosis on mine, and I really don't see an argument for him. He had a two year or so run in AAA and as a touring Rey partner, and had maybe 10 memorable matches in WCW and then two decades of nothing. I used to love the guy, but how can anyone put him in the top 100, much less top 50.

21 down, 4 from my top 50. Can't wait to get to the serious business.

@Woof : I reiterate, half the fun is bitching and moaning. It's always been that way. Don't take it too seriously.

Oh, I'm not. That's precisely my point. I'm enjoying the fuck out of the bitching and moaning. I'd be participating more if not for the fact that I set fire to my ballot about 2 days after I submitted it so nothing is really coming as a surprise to me at this point.

Psicosis and Juventud were so promising as really young wrestlers, while at the time I loved WCW signing all of these cool luchadores, in hindsight it just murdered their careers. Really only LA Park, the Villanos and Hector Garza had post WCW lucha careers.

It's telling that Mark Jindrak had a better post WCW lucha career than pretty much all of them

21 down, 4 from my top 50. Can't wait to get to the serious business.

@Woof : I reiterate, half the fun is bitching and moaning. It's always been that way. Don't take it too seriously.

Oh, I'm not. That's precisely my point. I'm enjoying the fuck out of the bitching and moaning. I'd be participating more if not for the fact that I set fire to my ballot about 2 days after I submitted it so nothing is really coming as a surprise to me at this point.

I know the feeling, this was me the morning after submitting my ballot:

30dff7b24f6d162f3cd50c1787d7354afcdf4e2c

I'm treating it more like a game, where I have 100 lives and I want to end with as many as possible still standing.

My list has guys like Scott Steiner, Sting and Dusty on it, so there isn't much elitism coming from me.

I am gutted to have lost 8 soldiers already though.

I get that. Part of me wants to wind up with as many top 100 guys on my ballot too, even though I didn't construct it with that in mind.

As for the elitst thing, I never mentioned names (nor would I), in part because everybody on here has at some point written something that really made me think and/or opened my eyes to something about wrestling I had missed or overlooked, so no need to shit on them here. That said, many of those same people generate a LOT of eyerolls from me with the way they present their opinions, and this project is bringing that out in spades. It's all part of the overall entertainment PWO provides. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I find the "Ugh, can you believe this guy from current times got votes" when a couple months ago there were posts of "Even if you haven't seen enough, still turn in a ballot"

Just feels weird.

Also, Magnum, Psicosis, and Ogawa are drops from my list. I'm just happy none of my top 50 are gone.

PWO is a big enough community where it wouldn't be uncommon for one group to scream the former while another screams the latter. Now if somebody is being a hypocrite.... name names!!!!

Just feels weird.

PWO is a big enough community where it wouldn't be uncommon for one group to scream the former while another screams the latter. Now if somebody is being a hypocrite.... name names!!!!

I'm not even sure I'd classify someone changing their mind to be hypocritical in this scenario. When people were pleading for ballots, it was generally directed at PWO posters who had contributed to the project from the start but were having doubts about their lists or their ability to quantify "great". I don't think too many people who were saying "everyone should turn in a list" were saying it thinking that a bunch of people would submit anonymously.

That being said, it doesn't matter and in my opinion has added a lot to the who reveal process.

I'm not even sure I'd classify someone changing their mind to be hypocritical in this scenario. When people were pleading for ballots, it was generally directed at PWO posters who had contributed to the project from the start but were having doubts about their lists or their ability to quantify "great". I don't think too many people who were saying "everyone should turn in a list" were saying it thinking that a bunch of people would submit anonymously.

I would agree with that. Dan should have submitted a ballot for instance.

Just feels weird.

That being said, it doesn't matter and in my opinion has added a lot to the who reveal process.

I think it has too, and we're only going to get more gloriously hostile and violent as this goes on.

I'm kind of with Parv on this in that it's fun to see how far all of my guys get up the ranks. It really has been a blast the way these have all been rolled out. The fact that only 4 of my top 100 are off the board leaves me feeling pretty good and anxious to see more guys roll out. I think we all have regrets here and there, and I do to, but I stand by my rankings... unapologetically. Which is the way it should be.