Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoshida making the top 200 considering that her most acclaimed stuff happened after people stopped paying so much attention and that Joshi is out of style among most voters is a pretty great accomplishment. I'm proud of that ranking for her.

Wanted to rank Mocho Cota but have only seen 3 matches. What a character, though.

I don't get the Orton-as-poster-boy-for-homogeneity trope. To me, he's one of the only truly charismatic wrestlers in the wwe. He is in character 100% of the time. He's their best house show wrestler by far and, to some extent, their best live wrestler. Has he been booked into oblivion and overexposed? Sure. But he's a tremendous wrestler and definitely has his own character and style. Also think he could get over anywhere.

I will now prepare myself to be excoriated.

Yours,

JHHBjr

Yoshida doesn't make the top 100 ? Fuck all of you people. Sincerely.

Glad to be the high vote, but the drop since 2006 is ridiculous. Wait, Lex Luger, Scott Hall, Sting, HHH and co haven't dropped yet, but freaking Mariko Yoshida is down ? This list sucks already. Oh, BTW, I had her above Flair because she was much smarter than him, among other things.

Oh, and why not Kazuo Yamazaki while we're at it. My #39.

Way too many mediocre US workers haven't been sent to the woodpile yet.

That picture is about as silly as Kazuo Yamazaki gets.

As the three people that follow the stuff I post on social media can testify, that isn't true. They did an arm wrestling tournament where the contestants were pro wrestling and it was the best thing I had ever seen and Yamazaki somehow managed to be the silliest person on a show that included Yoji Anjoh and Bob Sapp.

tumblr_nzo2esv2Ow1t3w7eio1_400.gif

tumblr_nzo36dGsNi1t3w7eio1_400.gif

there's also his reaction when he found out he was gonna face someone really good at the armwres things with big hands:

tumblr_inline_nzo22shsyk1ssa8e3_500.png

Listening to Cornette's Podcast and hearing about Lance Storm having an opinion on Brian's comments about Jericho ... got me to thinking about the DVDVR 500. So ... someone should scoop Lance to this list. He's not even nominated so of course his feelings will be hurt.

Probably. Still, it says a lot about the current landscape that so much crappy guys are still to come while all the luchadors and strong joshi candidates and shoot-style guys are dropping like flies. It's like we were more open minded to different stuff in 2006, while people have got back to the good ol' US of A rassling this time around. Yep, not feeling that top 150 very much.