Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does the Goldberg final placement seem crazy high?

I'd expect him to finish below Warrior in all honesty. Do people think he was good then?

I think Goldberg is clearly better than Warrior and was actively good.

My favorite Ernie Ladd thing was when he showed up for a street fight in Mid-South looking like he was dressed for a night on the town. Cool MF indeed.

As for Goldberg, I'd take him over Warrior any day. He looked like a high-impact athlete (which he was, of course). Warrior was a stiff.

As for Goldberg, I'd take him over Warrior any day. He looked like a high-impact athlete (which he was, of course). Warrior was a stiff.

So are we back to thinking he was carried by Rick Rude etc?

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/21083-certifiable-carry-jobs/?p=5565510

One of jdw's more famous beatdowns of jvk.

When did Goldberg have any performances along the lines of Warrior vs. Rude or vs. Savage?

Didn't he just work squashes to hide his limiations? Like, do you think the average Goldberg squash is better than something like Warrior vs. HTM IC title win?

Snuka. Our first murderer of the night. Him at #13 is insane too, as he more than often sucked dick. He had a cool finisher for the time, but damn was he nothing otherwise.

Post prime.

Snuka from late 70's till 83-84 was pretty damn great.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/21083-certifiable-carry-jobs/?p=5565510

When did Goldberg have any performances along the lines of Warrior vs. Rude or vs. Savage?

Didn't he just work squashes to hide his limiations? Like, do you think the average Goldberg squash is better than something like Warrior vs. HTM IC title win?

Yes his squashes were better. Goldberg squahes blow away the HTM squash easily.

Great matches with Sid, DDP and Ogawa. He had an aura, intensity and all of his matches felt like big time prize fights.

He was good in the Rude match but that was a giant anomaly, which is why we talk about it so much. And yes, Goldberg worked squashes to hide his limitations. But to answer your question, I'd much rather watch a two-hour disc of Goldberg squashes than Warrior-HTM or almost any random Warrior match. I think Warrior was pretty terrible--neither intuitive in the ring nor a good enough athlete to compensate (a la Scott Steiner). When I watched the Hogan match on the yearbook, for example, it felt like a total Hogan carry job. It affirmed Hulk's view that Warrior wouldn't hold up as champion. And lord knows I hate agreeing with Hogan.

yeah, Snuka at 13 blew me away. I guess I can see his appeal, particularly in the time period.

I honestly always kind of grouped him in with Warrior and Goldberg as guys with a ton of presence and charisma but who were more often than not just not very good in the ring, though they all had their moments. I can think of a few matches for each I actively like.

I personally go back and forth on Goldberg. I think if he wasn't such a baby about his character he could have been pretty good.