Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Goldberg, I'd take him over Warrior any day. He looked like a high-impact athlete (which he was, of course). Warrior was a stiff.

So are we back to thinking he was carried by Rick Rude etc?

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/21083-certifiable-carry-jobs/?p=5565510

One of jdw's more famous beatdowns of jvk.

When did Goldberg have any performances along the lines of Warrior vs. Rude or vs. Savage?

Didn't he just work squashes to hide his limiations? Like, do you think the average Goldberg squash is better than something like Warrior vs. HTM IC title win?

Warrior having his best matches in high profile PPV matches makes me think he was more carried by Pat Patterson than by his opponents.

I liked Warrior as a kid, and I still enjoy some of his matches today. Goldberg had some very cool squashes and some of them are very memorable. Like his stuff with Glacier. I don't remember much of Warrior's squashes outside of HTM, and that's because of the angle more than what they did in the match itself. Even though my fandom of Warrior was much greater I'd still say Goldberg was better at wrestling. Promos it's Warrior all day though.

I just realized that Raven hasn't shown up yet, which is a shock to me. I even went and checked the "didn't receive votes" list because I'm so surprised.

Also, I just realized that Nigel McGuiness will finish ahead of Homicide, which is a travesty.

Snuka. Our first murderer of the night. Him at #13 is insane too, as he more than often sucked dick. He had a cool finisher for the time, but damn was he nothing otherwise.

Post prime.

Snuka from late 70's till 83-84 was pretty damn great.

Fuck no. He was so boring in All Japan during that time. Hell, when Brody is carrying your ass as a tag-team partner, you suck.

The 1-2 punch of Booker/Chavo pics cracked me up.

Snuka. Our first murderer of the night. Him at #13 is insane too, as he more than often sucked dick. He had a cool finisher for the time, but damn was he nothing otherwise.

Post prime.

Snuka from late 70's till 83-84 was pretty damn great.

Fuck no. He was so boring in All Japan during that time. Hell, when Brody is carrying your ass as a tag-team partner, you suck.

I'd agree that he has some rubbish stuff in AJPW, the match with Steamobat is notably bad, but I like his stuff against The Funks in 81 and in 82 as well.

with Brody vs. Funks 12/13/81 I have at ****

with Hansen vs. Funks 4/16/82 I have at ***3/4

Incidentally, that 4/16/82 match is about the only time I saw Dory pinned in dozens upon dozens of matches.

I'd agree that he has some rubbish stuff in AJPW, the match with Steamobat is notably bad, but I like his stuff against The Funks in 81 and in 82 as well.

with Brody vs. Funks 12/13/81 I have at ****

with Hansen vs. Funks 4/16/82 I have at ***3/4

Incidentally, that 4/16/82 match is about the only time I saw Dory pinned in dozens upon dozens of matches.

Yes. Those *matches* are really good. Thanks to the Funks, Brody (yes) and Stan Hansen. Whenever Snuka gets in, it's like "fuck no ! tag out !". Having a bad match with Ricky Steamboat in the 80's (well, at anytime really) is inexcusable. Even the fucking Sheik had a better match with Steamboat.

Is MikeF who voted for Ole at 32 PeteF's brother?

My brother is a gay hipster artiste who lives in New York, isn't named Mike, and would sooner slit his own throat than watch anything sports- or wrestling-related. This is not to say that he's NOT, I'm just saying it's unlikely, is all.