Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV: July 11th - 17th

Blehschmidt

My guess is that Shane will get a heel GM that he can embarrass every few weeks and Stephanie will get a babyface GM that foils her dastardly plans.

The obvious choice for Raw would be Daniel Bryan. I have no idea who goes to Smackdownunless they really do put Triple H there. No way is he stooging for Shane (or anyone), though.

I'm guessing next week Vince says they get to pick each other's GMs?

My guess is that Shane will get a heel GM that he can embarrass every few weeks and Stephanie will get a babyface GM that foils her dastardly plans.

The obvious choice for Raw would be Daniel Bryan. I have no idea who goes to Smackdownunless they really do put Triple H there. No way is he stooging for Shane (or anyone), though.

For some reason I thought Shane/Steph were being put in the roles they got, so they wouldn't be on TV weekly. The GM would be doing that, while they would show up less frequently.

This only makes sense if Shane picks Bryan, Steph picks a heel (Triple H?), and then both GMs get switched in the Draft. Otherwise, why would they logically pick people who would go against their interests?

I don't like your Vince scenario. No one is going to give the other person someone as beloved as Daniel Bryan.

The exchange between Shane and Steph where Triple H was mentioned leads me to believe she will pick Bryan as her GM as a suck up to the crowd, Shane will counter by picking Hunter, then Vince will pull the "swerve" and switch them.

There was also something with the app publishing then quickly deleting a story about the Yes Movement being welcomed to Smackdown which makes me think he's the plan there.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I remember recently that when someone asked him on Twitter if he would be running one of the two shows, he answered "Stay tuned". Bischoff is usually a straight shooter with this kind of stuff so if he cancelled that indy date, that could very well mean he's on his way to run either RAW or Smackdown.

If Bischoff coming in, they should off on Monday had Vince come out and swerve both Steph and Shane.

Vince should have done a speech about competition and when it was at it strongest it was when he was at war with WCW.

Then drop the Bombshell that Smackdown is dead and Nitro is back and Bischoff Running it.

There was also something with the app publishing then quickly deleting a story about the Yes Movement being welcomed to Smackdown which makes me think he's the plan there.

Seems more likely they'd be adding him to commentary team, seeing as how Byron Saxton will have to be taken off of either Raw or Smackdown. They probably used the CWC tapings as a trial run, liked his chemistry with Mauro, and will need a more wrestling-oriented color guy to play off Lawler's shenanigans. In a perfect world they'd completely revamp both commentary teams, but well all know that's not gonna happen, Maggle!

Seems more likely they'd be adding him to commentary team, seeing as how Byron Saxton will have to be taken off of either Raw or Smackdown. They probably used the CWC tapings as a trial run, liked his chemistry with Mauro, and will need a more wrestling-oriented color guy to play off Lawler's shenanigans. In a perfect world they'd completely revamp both commentary teams, but well all know that's not gonna happen, Maggle!

The story about Lawler a few months ago was interesting -- that they've been open to replacing him for a while but they are afraid of what he'd say in the media if they ever let him go.

At some point, WWE has to break with the 90s. Like, really break with the 90s.

"Has" is a strong word. They don't have the immediate financial incentive other than "we can do better", which doesn't seem to be enough without the alternative of "we will die if we don't". Even then, the people in charge seem so out of it that I'm not sure that would be enough. Like, they could legit be going out of business, and their response would be "we gotta double down on the 90's!"

So apparently it was reported that the plan for Roman's return is to go right back to pushing him as top babyface. Between that and having someone other than Bayley as Sasha's mystery partner, that could spell quite the fan backlash on the PPV on Sunday.

I think the rumor about them pushing Roman as a babyface is either bullshit/misdirection or plans have changed. Booker T flat out said on the Network Draft Center special that the fans hate Roman and he questioned the Usos about the fans hating them too because of their association with Roman.