Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV July 25 - July 31

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The production was slick. There were new camera angles. The matches were really good with unpredictable finishes. We had the return of squash matches, and they were glorious. Raw is finally captivating again. I really hope they stay the course here. I don't care what they call the "Universal" title, as long as the show is produced this way. Finally, each part of the roster had a feeling of importance again. I really hope they keep this up.

That show was awesome, really fun watch from beginning to end. I like the new look of it, and think it's good to have the announcers back on the stage. Much needed change there!

The return of the jobbers is a nice little thing and hopefully (yes, dreaming is allowed) the end of 50/50 booking.

I don't understand why they gave Sasha the title on Raw. Just ot have a wow moment on the first Raw after the split? I think they had that in the main event, and in a huge way. SummerSlam would have been, in my eyes, so much better, especially with it being in Brooklyn. Weird.

And... holy Shit, Balor! I NEVER expected him to go over. Even te split second before the hand went down for the hree count, I thought Roman was somehow gonna go over, and I just sat there with my mouth open for the last few minutes. Amazing, and a really good match on top of that, too.

If the can somehow manage to keep the course they've started with this Raw, ot's gonna be great to be a WWE fan.

Good show. Everything came off good. I am surprised WWE blew off The Shield Triple Threat and Sasha vs. Charlotte prior to Summerslam as those would have been easily at the top of the SS card right beside Orton/Lesnar. Toss in the crowning of the new CW champion ( Kota? ), and maybe Styles/Cena inside a steel cage and it would have been a super stacked card. It will be interesting to see where they go now with Rollins/Finn at SS. Feels fresh and is a welcomed change as WWE could have easily shit the bed here and done Reigns/Rollins for the title.

The commentators being away from the ring is a good thing. I always liked that look as it places all the emphasis on the action in the ring and not the guys at ringside who may or may not be trying to get themselves over. AND HOLY SHIT! Michael Cole was 100% bareable last night with Graves by his side. I think the secret to Cole is who is he working with PUPPIES~! and MAGGLE~! did not complement Cole at all. I think this might be a good team.

AND HOLY SHIT! Michael Cole was 100% bareable last night with Graves by his side. I think the secret to Cole is who is he working with PUPPIES~! and MAGGLE~! did not complement Cole at all. I think this might be a good team.

Cole was excellent during that 03-06 period working with Tazz. Graves has a similar style, in that he tends to keep his comments grounded in strategy and the (kayfabed) reality of wrestling, minus all the Tazzisms. He was a little heavyhanded last night with the picking on Byron stuff, but at this point that's become a company mantra. Why they insist on keeping Byron in that role is beyond me, as he adds nothing to broadcasts and the other commentators treatment of him is distracting at best and degrading at worst.

All in all though, I'm with everyone else in that I really enjoyed the cosmetic changes. Just made the show feel fresh. They need to mix shit up like that every couple of years just to keep it from getting overly stale. Curious to see what they do on Smackdown tonight, whether it's a copycat reboot but in blue, or something entirely different.

Best Raw in a long time. Having Graves on commentary is a big plus. Raw is doing all the things SD was supposed to do in regards to having exciting new talent, and getting them over. Sasha and Charlotte worked stiff as hell and had a terrific match. Balor didn't look as small as I thought he would on the MR. He looks like he belongs, and is already a star.

Sasha and Charlotte worked stiff as hell and had a terrific match.

I'd rather not equate recklessness to stiffness. That match was incredibly dumb. Sasha could easily break her neck on a throwaway spot one of these days. She's already talked about how hurt she is due to all the bumping and she suffered a concussion very recently. So someone relatively injury-prone doing stuff like that is just insane.

Wasn't Cole producing the announcers in NXT? If so, then it makes sense him and Graves had such good chemistry.

Also it seems both Dave and Wade made allusions to there maybe being something up with Charlotte, but that may have been them trying to figure out why they blew their wad early on what was being pushed forever as a big Summerslam blowoff.

Have they mentioned any affiliations with Superstars and Main Event? Or are they just gonna be catch-all shows for both brands.

They'll stick with which one they are taped with. Superstars w/ RAW and Main Event w/ SD. Tom Philips doing commentary for Superstars w/ Graves and Main Event w/ Otunga.

This week's Superstars features Bo Dallas vs. Sin Cara and the Dudleyz vs. Swagger & Titus.

I'll bite I guess. This guy obsessed with size and muscles tried to push Jeff Jarrett as a top guy in 3 different promotions. And was going to give Chris Benoit the biggest push of his career (to that point) in 1999. He also claimed to be big fans of Jericho and Raven