Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pritchard said he had a big head because he was given a big spot at the start and thought he was over because of it. Basically he was born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

Russo wanted to put him in DX which Pac and Hunter vehemently opposed. Russo said he was better than Kevin Nash in reply, which went over as well as you think.

I always liked Test and wondered why his push was so inconsistent. He was big, decent in the ring and had good fire. But I figured he was an asshole or something.

I'm not surprised at the reports that he got a big head when he got his push. Not to speak ill of the dead, and I'm not trying to be mean either, but Andrew Martin was reportedly really dumb and had quite the ego long before he ever got famous. I knew a number of people who knew him very well, and I encountered him myself on a peripheral basis as he bounced at a number of bars I frequented in my younger carousing years. I also drank with a bunch of guys who played hockey with him, and as I said, this was long before he got famous. He was a tough guy, but a bit of a bully and the unanimous consensus is that the poor boy had an exceptionally low IQ. Mick Foley even alludes to that in his second book, as I understand most of Foley's jokes went right over the guy's head. Having a big ego whilst being somewhat of a dimwit is usually not a recipe for success.

Russo thinking he was better than Kevin Nash is quite another case of hilarity. That said, and don't ask me why I remember this to this day, I know even before he debuted he was pimped on Byte This, the internet radio show they were doing back in 98 (yeah, you thought you invented podcasting you damn millenials ?), as a mix between Sid and Shawn Micheals. Some of this is true...

Test biggest claim to fame is dating both Stacey Keibler and Kelly Kelly.

Kinda sad also to think looking like he did while being, if you believe the various sources, both an asshole and a dumbfuck (and a mediocre talent at the very best, but he sure looked like he loved his syringes) was enough to date both Stacy Keibler and Kelly Kelly.

Also, who the fuck thought "Test" was a good name ?

Wow, I was never aware of that ! I thought it never went further than "Oh, he was a roadie of Motley Crüe (a parangon of hip pop culture in 1998, mind you), so he's doing the mic tests before the gigs"... Stupid name for someone you'd want to build as a star anyway.

Kinda sad also to think looking like he did while being, if you believe the various sources, both an asshole and a dumbfuck (and a mediocre talent at the very best, but he sure looked like he loved his syringes) was enough to date both Stacy Keibler and Kelly Kelly.

Yeah, really hot women don't normally show interest in the dumb jock, muscle-head types. They usually go for the quiet, bookish, intelligent guys.

:blink:

A real pet peeve of mine is when I see a good match or a good show in front of a crowd that could care less. I thought Kendrick and Gallagher had a pretty wicked little no DQ match and most of that room could not care less (and I get it, because of how they film these). I watched an old Finlay match on Nitro a while back and that crowd didn't deserve to see it. Ugh... just bothers me to see good wrestling and see people who are witnessing it live not care.

ok, just had to get that one off my chest.

Absolutely.... Though I think we might have different opinions of the quality of periods of women's wrestling in the WWE over the past 10 years or so (some of it I am not a fan of at all), A) no one deserves to wrestle to "we want puppies" chants and B) there have been countless women putting in work and putting on good matches to crickets. Even though the "women's revolution" has changed some of that, I felt that way during parts of the Mae Young Classic to be honest.

Alas, this is at least one part my own jealousy of the people who get to see this stuff live when I am not there and one part the nature of the live WWE/NXT/WWE-product/big-company live crowd (which has its pros and cons) in the US.

Absolutely.... Though I think we might have different opinions of the quality of periods of women's wrestling in the WWE over the past 10 years or so (some of it I am not a fan of at all), A) no one deserves to wrestle to "we want puppies" chants and B) there have been countless women putting in work and putting on good matches to crickets. Even though the "women's revolution" has changed some of that, I felt that way during parts of the Mae Young Classic to be honest.

Alas, this is at least one part my own jealousy of the people who get to see this stuff live when I am not there and one part the nature of the live WWE/NXT/WWE-product/big-company live crowd (which has its pros and cons) in the US.

That mae young crowd were not completley at fault they were sitting through 16 matches in one sitting i completely expect a crowd to be dead by the end of it. The differnce between episode one and 4 is huge as they just look and sound so tired i do not blame them in the slightest.

A real pet peeve of mine is when I see a good match or a good show in front of a crowd that could care less. I thought Kendrick and Gallagher had a pretty wicked little no DQ match and most of that room could not care less (and I get it, because of how they film these). I watched an old Finlay match on Nitro a while back and that crowd didn't deserve to see it. Ugh... just bothers me to see good wrestling and see people who are witnessing it live not care.

ok, just had to get that one off my chest.

I'm with you on the people sitting on their hands really annoying me. I mean do something when you're sitting there.

But by the same token the fans that are screaming and yelling on a lock up are equally as annoying.

If Mad Dog was a real Japanese type fan, he'd wait until it was dead quiet and then shout out just the name of his favorite wrestler, at the top of his lungs. And then go right back to being quiet again.

I'm doing this at the next show I go to for the absolute worst wrestler on the show,

If Mad Dog was a real Japanese type fan, he'd wait until it was dead quiet and then shout out just the name of his favorite wrestler, at the top of his lungs. And then go right back to being quiet again.

I'm doing this at the next show I go to for the absolute worst wrestler on the show,

Don't give them more reason to keep pushing Orton.