Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/4/17 Post-Mania Week

FMKK

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's working out great for WWE, but I really don't get how the so-called smart fans in attendance make sense of booing Roman for booking decisions while popping for the guy who runs the company and who made those decisions?

Crowds like this pop anyone from the Attitude Era, and also those who haven't been on TV for a while. Vince is/was both.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Braun Strowman? Don't think he has a particularly good look, seems more like a hillbilly than some violent monster heel, and on the limited occasions I've seen him work he doesn't seem anything special. Wonder if it will be like a Bray Wyatt/Seth Rollins/Damien Sandow/Hyped NXT Guy type situation where people buzz over his stuff to begin with and then have to conclude eventually that he is pretty rubbish.

Then again, I think Rusev is dated, boring and mediocre in the ring, so maybe it is a taste thing.

It's working out great for WWE, but I really don't get how the so-called smart fans in attendance make sense of booing Roman for booking decisions while popping for the guy who runs the company and who made those decisions?

Because they are "so-called smart" fans and not actually intelligent.

Because they are "so-called smart" fans and not actually intelligent.

Yeah it proves "smart" fans are the biggests marks of them all and are keeping kayfabe alive. They ferociously boo the guy who retired their favorite but cheer the hell out of the guy who is actually responsible for that and all the other booking decisions and outcomes they supposedly hate so much.

Yeah it proves "smart" fans are the biggests marks of them all and are keeping kayfabe alive. They ferociously boo the guy who retired their favorite but cheer the hell out of the guy who is actually responsible for that and all the other booking decisions and outcomes they supposedly hate so much.

Would that be like ECW fans creaming themselves over an appearance by Sid, when they were constantly talking about how much they hated the Big Two's product?

I am watching RAW now. About half-way through, and it's a very good episode. The Reigns opening was beautiful. There's nothing he could have said that would have turned them around - they wouldn't have let him talk. So drop 5 words and then leave. That's an almost 15-min long opening with only one sentence said. It was glorious. And I liked the Enzo/Cass backstage with Kurt.

But despite how good this ep is, I am realizing that I have just OD'd on WWE product. The commentators are screaming at the top of their lungs. Everything is turned up to eleven. Sensory overload. Add to that the dickhead crowd and their chants.

I think I need to spend a week watching 1986 AWA and 1970's All Japan to detox.

Audible boos for Orton. I blame more that horrible match than the actual outcome, this time.

Heat for the feud has been dying off in the last few weeks too imo. The spooky stuff and the senselessness of it all collapsed under its own weight.

So a House Of Horrors match should be fun

Audible boos for Orton. I blame more that horrible match than the actual outcome, this time.

Heat for the feud has been dying off in the last few weeks too imo. The spooky stuff and the senselessness of it all collapsed under its own weight.

So a House Of Horrors match should be fun

Can heat die off if it never existed in the first place? I never got the vibe people were leaping off the balconies in anticipation of the match.

Strong women's match. Alexa is sometimes shakey still but she's getting more and more comfortable in the ring. When did Naomi get so good though?! Excited to see what Charlotte can do with her if the draft goes as some are predicting.

Can anyone explain what this ten shit is all about?

Tye Dillinger was a guy who kinda hung around in FCW/NXT for a long while. He's not young, and even debuted in WWE all the way back in the ECW days, didn't do crap, got released, re-signed, etc. After his team with Jason Jordan went nowhere leading to Jordan forming the Gable team. As a means of kinda turning Dillinger into a "Jobber to the Stars" they gave him the "Perfect 10" gimmick, which has blown up much more then anyone could have expected, partly because of the chants, and partly because people knew Dillinger wasn't planned to go anywhere and they wanted to give him his due. The chants have kinda taken a life of their own, but they are based off Dillinger.

Can anyone explain what this ten shit is all about?

Tye Dillinger was a guy who kinda hung around in FCW/NXT for a long while. He's not young, and even debuted in WWE all the way back in the ECW days, didn't do crap, got released, re-signed, etc. After his team with Jason Jordan went nowhere leading to Jordan forming the Gable team. As a means of kinda turning Dillinger into a "Jobber to the Stars" they gave him the "Perfect 10" gimmick, which has blown up much more then anyone could have expected, partly because of the chants, and partly because people knew Dillinger wasn't planned to go anywhere and they wanted to give him his due. The chants have kinda taken a life of their own, but they are based off Dillinger.

I feel like the chants are annoying but fair play to the guy for getting over and having a shot that he probably never thought he would.

Nakamura on real WWE TV is very surreal

Nakamura on real WWE TV was supposed to happen.

Nakamura on real WWE TV in a program with the freaking Miz is beyond surreal :wacko:

I didn't know that Dillinger was on the "list" of people being called up after WM. I wonder if he is replacing the Drifter