Pro Wrestling Only

26th March - 1st April WWE

FMKK

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Keith, for all his faults, used to have a thing he called "Mt. Perpetually Over" to describe someone who's so beloved it's impossible to turn them heel. He mostly used it in context of WCW trying to turn Ric Flair heel when it was clear their fans would not boo him over the nWo types, but it's something that applies to Bryan at this point too I feel. For as good of a heel he can be with the "I have till five" stuff and his Obi Wan robes in ROH, after everything he's gone through the last two years he could murder puppies in the ring on Raw and get YES chants.

Corny mentioned that the sign of a great promoter isn't in planning the perfect booking scenario, because plans get screwed up all the time. But the true sign of a great promoter is in capitalizing and running with something whenever something perfect lines up & lands right in your lap.

Interestingly, this has always been Vince McMahon's greatest weakness.

Corny mentioned that the sign of a great promoter isn't in planning the perfect booking scenario, because plans get screwed up all the time. But the true sign of a great promoter is in capitalizing and running with something whenever something perfect lines up & lands right in your lap.

Interestingly, this has always been Vince McMahon's greatest weakness.

Which is funny, because one of the rare times he was open to embracing guys who were getting organically over was when his back was against the wall in 96-97 and it produced the greatest peak in company history

Ronda's aura in MMA was being a silent ass kicker with the world's scariest mean face. It was always a long shot she would go into wrestlng and suddenly have Austin like promo skills. She should come out, break people's arms, and leave. Kinda like how Lucha Underground did with Pentagon Jr.

It'll be fine for Mania, Steph will bump like crazy for her, Ronda will arm bar her, and the place will pop like crazy. The problem will be 6 months later when she's in a match with someone who isn't going to be able to carry their end of the deal as much, and ends up looking like a green pro wrestler instead of the biggest badass on Earth.

Not to mention Shayna's in NXT already basically being what they want Ronda to be right now.

So who are the women on the main roster that will bump and sell less for Ronda than Steph? When has Steph ever made her opponent look like a badass? I won't be surprised if Ronda does more selling for Steph than vice versa.

The only issue with Shane turning (and I suspect it will happen too), is that while Daniel Bryan is bulletproof at this point, I don't know how wise it is for him to lose in his first match back. And for the turn to get over, he'd have to get pinned.

This is my biggest problem. While its conceivable that Owens & Zayn take their loss and move onto Smackdown, the situation absolutely reeks of one with a heel turn and Bryan on his back. I'm just not sure how you don't book that match to get him 3 big pops -- entrance, hot tag and finish. Well, I do know how. I just didn't think they'd screw with it that soon. We shall see.

The only issue with Shane turning (and I suspect it will happen too), is that while Daniel Bryan is bulletproof at this point, I don't know how wise it is for him to lose in his first match back. And for the turn to get over, he'd have to get pinned.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Dr. Wagner's son turning on him at Guerra de Titanes got over pretty well even without Wagner getting pinned.

Bryan losing his first match back is beyond dumb. But it's absolutely something I could see them doing, fully convinced that it's the right move to position him as the underdog with obstacles to overcome again.

But this should feel like a celebration of Bryan being back. I'm going to hope they learned something from Mania 30 and grant fans a feel-good night for a change.

It's almost too bad they can't have just the slightest bit of male on female violence these days (that felt wierd to type) because if they had a couple heel guys and a heel girl corner Bliss and rough her up just a little,the pop when Braun came out and smashed the dudes would be huge.

They could keep playing the will they/won't they stuff for a while. Get another huge pop if they finally kiss or whatever, or just say she was playing him if they decide to keep her heel.

They've been super entertaining on Mixed Match together. Be a shame to let it go away.

That Alexa's character is a reprehensible evil sociopath could maybe be a hitch in that? I mean, I don't know. I get that they were enjoyable in MMC, but... I mean, I guess if it ends with her getting slop dropped on her, but that doesn't seem the way to go with Braun.

Alexa getting squashed by Nia only to win the tag team titles by the end of the night would be amazing.

I actually like the idea that I saw of Alexa being Braun's partner and acting super smug about being tag champion even though she never tags in.

This would indeed be tremendous and I'm now going to be bitterly disappointed when Ellsworth makes his way out.

I actually wont be terribly surprised if Bryan is the one that turns and we get a little stable/alliance between him, KO, and Zayn. I get that it isn't where you would put smart money given how untouchable Bryan is on the whole, but I can see there being a pretty quick cooling period on him after the surge of excitement. I can at least see the wwe powers that be fearing that and wanting to get ahead of it. Plus, it would be a massive surprise (the kind that gets TWITTER going and would be a real WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!). People may pout, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. I actually think its only a matter of time before main event level Dragon goes heel because he has the range.

I also won't be terribly surprised if KO and Zayn take the L and move to RAW or do something out of the box for a bit on their way back.

Overall the setup for a Shane turn is CLEARLY there, which is why it will probably happen. It is also why I think alternatives aren't off the table. The setup is just a little too clear.

That Alexa's character is a reprehensible evil sociopath could maybe be a hitch in that? I mean, I don't know. I get that they were enjoyable in MMC, but... I mean, I guess if it ends with her getting slop dropped on her, but that doesn't seem the way to go with Braun.

I will agree that it probably isn't the best way to go with Braun, but since strapping the rocket to his ass and striking while the iron is hot no longer seems to be in the WWE playbook, it just seems like a direction they could go.

As for her character, they have turned worse people with less explanation, and the crowd wouldn't care so long as "cool big dude and hot girl" were funny and kicked ass together.

I will agree that it probably isn't the best way to go with Braun, but since strapping the rocket to his ass and striking while the iron is hot no longer seems to be in the WWE playbook, it just seems like a direction they could go.

As for her character, they have turned worse people with less explanation, and the crowd wouldn't care so long as "cool big dude and hot girl" were funny and kicked ass together.

It would work, but should they do it in 2018 is the question I guess? I actually think Alexa could be a very effective babyface. People love to cheer a bully. They love to feel like they're on the bullying side as opposed to the bullied side. It's human nature. If she just shifted to doing mean, horrible things to heels instead of babyfaces, the crowd would die to be a part of that. But boy, is it not a good idea for a company that touts itself as anti-bullying.