Pro Wrestling Only

Roman Reigns as the ace post-Wrestlemania

FMKK

Lol theyve announced that Brock has re-signed and is defending against Roman in a cage in Saudi Arabia. Absurd to tank the Mania main event for a Wahabbist propaganda show. Shouldve done the Mania match half way through the show and had a blood stoppage.

How little interest can Brock give without getting money thrown at him? I mean there is no chance that he can give less fucks than he did the last 9 months or so. I mean good for him, but seriously, continuing having Lesnar on top could damage the company longterm.

At this point he's almost at Shawn Michaels level of playing Vince

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, them having a rematch makes the decision worse. Reigns beating Brock at WM and then Lesnar invoking the rematch clause makes absolute sense because he just lost the title.

Reigns losing to Lesnar in decisive fashion and getting another opportunity makes zero fucking sense. Fuck that. He took a massive shot at his credibility at WM.

I saw this on another forum, but it bears repeating.

The "anti-establishment" guy that called out Vince McMahon for giving special privileges to certain performers, who then was suspended for talking about it on the air, and was then dominated in the build up before being bloodied and pinned clean as a sheet in the middle of the ring to end the fourth Wrestlemania that he has main evented in a row, has now been granted an instant rematch after less than 24 hours.

was just about to post that. Now mania booking makes more sense. Don't know if they have Roman win the title at the Rumble but it makes it an even more important event

How does this make that shitty booking make sense?

If part of the deal with the Saudis was a title change on the show.

was just about to post that. Now mania booking makes more sense. Don't know if they have Roman win the title at the Rumble but it makes it an even more important event

How does this make that shitty booking make sense?

If part of the deal with the Saudis was a title change on the show.

So is sacrificing the main event of your biggest show of the year worth it for a show where they are holding seven title matches?

I don't think he's the chosen one even in kayfabe.

Triple H saw the future in Rollins, not Reigns. The McMahons did everything they could to fuck him over in late '15 and early '16. Steph flat out said he was a failure during the draft.

Contrast that with Cena, who was clearly the one representing WWE, and by extension VKM during that match against CM Punk.

Nothing adds up. For fuck's sake they really fucked him up with the booking.

Unless WWE are trying to out-meta everyone. Maybe they think that by calling a late audible and keeping the belt on Lesnar because they promised Saudi Arabia a title change, the folks who hate Roman are now going to sympathise with him for being the victim of Vince's capricious booking. By booking him shambolically bad, they're actually booking him well!

I don't want to watch wrestling that requires that much thinking. Too much meta bullshit. Wrestling works best when it's simple - not when you are trying to outfox your audience or whateverthefuck.

Just because it's shocking or unexpected doesn't mean it's good. Just makes it illogical. Predictable doesn't automatically make something bad either.

Besides, some fans are just going to bitch & moan either way. With everyone having a voice via social media - and with everyone having this disturbing thirst to feel outraged over ANYTHING - you just have to accept that things aren't going to get universal praise.

I think it was Loss who I saw mention it on Twitter, that Roman is basically Lex Luger now. He's the guy who can't win the big one. I said it before my issue with the Great Roman Adventure was the booking rather than anything he himself was doing (or not doing), and it was on display again last night.

I actually feel bad for the guy, he's improved so much since the days of the Shield breakup yet he keeps getting his "coronation" pushed back until it's almost a cruel joke.

I don't think the Luger comparison is completely apt, given that Reigns has gone over both Triple H and The Undertaker clean in the previous two WM main events. He also had Lesnar beat at WM 31 before the Rollins cash in. Not being able to win the big one isn't the issue.

I'll grant you that Roman has been made to look like shit during the build and during the match this time round though.

That wasn't exactly the reason I compared them. This is what I said.

"Reigns has been compared to Luger in a way that I never thought was fair to either of them. Now I see it. In WCW, Lex always came up short when facing the biggest star in the company, often had best match on PPVs and still had a rep of being overrated darling of those in power."

I'm trying to figure out how Roman deserves a rematch after getting beat clean at Maina. A rematch in a cage makes sense when you have heels interfering from the outside to give a heel a win, but here it was Brock going over clean as a sheet.

The last few days has been some of the worst booking of title matches in WWE history.

I'm trying to figure out how Roman deserves a rematch after getting beat clean at Maina. A rematch in a cage makes sense when you have heels interfering from the outside to give a heel a win, but here it was Brock going over clean as a sheet.

That promo made it seem like the company was just exploiting him as a talent, to put him in a cage like some sort of animal against Brock, even after Brock almost killed him, so as to generate revenue in Saudi Arabia. His shrugging feeling about that was that he didn't know what was going on but if he was up against Brock eventually, he'd eventually win. Which was all pretty lame.

Roman being a whiny conspiracy theorist who gets promptly destroyed by Joe on the mic is...I just don't get it. I take issue with a lot of WWE's booking but they've shown a few times in the past that they know how to build someone up. Jinder got all the bells and whistles of lackies and a cool entrance and rarely lost. A.J. beat Cena three times. Braun only has two clean losses and is frequently featured destroying things and/or people. It seems odd that they would just have no clue on why Reigns isn't working with this kind of presentation. I really wonder if there really is some kind of backstage creative resistance to Roman being the guy that's causing him to look like a fool.

I wonder if they get cold feet every time it's time to pull the trigger. They really want him to be the guy and then at the last minute they realize it might hurt ratings.

Which is weird because they are well equipped to handle whatever problems may come with pulling the trigger on him. They have a lot of options in every direction if it doesn't work out. Now that they have Rousey and she proved she can do pro wrestling, they have someone to help back up a Reigns run with a strong run of her own. But they treat Reigns almost like the NFL team who picks a QB way too early because they had to, then realizes they made the wrong pick but they are too embarrassed to admit it (kinda like NY Jets with Christian Hackenberg). So he's there as a specter over the rest of the roster. A reminder of the mistakes they made. And continue to make.

Just turn the mofo straight heel already. What are they gonna do ? Have him win in Jedda and then the home audience will shit on that too ? And then what ? A bunch of killing time feuds until he drops the belt to Braun, then he wins the Rumble or an Elimination Chamber and wins the belt back at Mania next year ? And still gets booed, again ? This is dreadfull, honestly. He's not the guy. Next.

Just turn the mofo straight heel already. What are they gonna do ? Have him win in Jedda and then the home audience will shit on that too ? And then what ? A bunch of killing time feuds until he drops the belt to Braun, then he wins the Rumble or an Elimination Chamber and wins the belt back at Mania next year ? And still gets booed, again ? This is dreadfull, honestly. He's not the guy. Next.

Indeed. It's just not happening. That being said, Bryan and Lashley being back means they have a couple interesting options.

They clearly want to create a moment where they capture a foreign crowd cheer on Reigns as he win and use that as footage for years to prove how right they were to make Reigns this kind of star that they made him. They don't care what happens when they come back home on US soil. Boo him all they want. They got that footage already.

That's my new theory for all this.