Pro Wrestling Only

Roman Reigns as the ace post-Wrestlemania

FMKK

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you are saying, my dude. I can't pretend that being on the main event for 4 years in a row isn't a noteworthy thing - it absolutely is. But when you look closely to RR's push, and how things don't add up at all, being featured in 4 main events in a row might've been done to fuck him over.

It's a weird story, because if he just won at WM31 he might not even be main eventing the following years, but would be more "legit" as a true main eventer, instead of looking like the complete fool he absolutely is as of the end of WM34.

He never really got vengeance for what Seth did in 2014, and consequently, in 2015. Looked like a fool for Triple H. Him "retiring" Undertaker means absolutely nothing when in the following year he's wrestling again. He spends over a month saying how a part-timer has no respect for the biz, and he loses clean. As much as he is given the main event slot, that does not mean he is their #1 guy, as weird as that sounds.

His family being furious is partly justified because they refuse to book him properly, and it basically killed any momentum he had.

I get what you are saying, my dude. I can't pretend that being on the main event for 4 years in a row isn't a noteworthy thing - it absolutely is. But when you look closely to RR's push, and how things don't add up at all, being featured in 4 main events in a row might've been done to fuck him over.

It's a weird story, because if he just won at WM31 he might not even be main eventing the following years, but would be more "legit" as a true main eventer, instead of looking like the complete fool he absolutely is as of the end of WM34.

He never really got vengeance for what Seth did in 2014, and consequently, in 2015. Looked like a fool for Triple H. Him "retiring" Undertaker means absolutely nothing when in the following year he's wrestling again. He spends over a month saying how a part-timer has no respect for the biz, and he loses clean. As much as he is given the main event slot, that does not mean he is their #1 guy, as weird as that sounds.

His family being furious is partly justified because they refuse to book him properly, and it basically killed any momentum he had.

i both of you make a very compelling argument here

i like roman fir the style he works hes good

but as much as @ EL-P seams to disilike me the idea that the samoans s could try to convince vince to change things is irksome

he more right here no one minus me [ this is not about me] seams to bring up the hand shinsuke was delt i know imade that point in very gilb way but yes i think shinsuke was delt a harsh hand

Despite being given chance after chance, Nakamura has not performed at the level he really needs to if he's going to be the champion. I don't think it matters that he can't really do promos since he has so much charisma, but I do think that since he can't, he needs to bring it in the ring in a way he just hasn't. He's coasted his way through WWE for the most part.

but as much as @ EL-P seams to disilike me

Just a hunch, but I think he'd like you more if you worked harder on making your posts easier to read. I've seen posts of yours that are clear and coherent, so I'm not sure why you can't do that all the time.

If you have some sort of disability, just say so - there's nothing to be ashamed of, and I think people would be a lot more understanding.

Despite being given chance after chance, Nakamura has not performed at the level he really needs to if he's going to be the champion. I don't think it matters that he can't really do promos since he has so much charisma, but I do think that since he can't, he needs to bring it in the ring in a way he just hasn't. He's coasted his way through WWE for the most part.

Agreed. He was on fire in his NXT debut against Sami Zayn and for a little while after that. But by the time he became NXT Champion, the bloom was off the rose. Having feuds with the over-the-hill Samoa Joe and the bland and mechanical Finn Balor probably didn't help, but there's no excuse for not producing a classic against AJ Styles (unless your name is Kevin Owens).

Nak is a banged up guy whose prime is behind him, who seized the opportunity to work a lighter style and get big time money by going to WWE. Good for him. But yeah, his match against Zayn two years ago was awesome. That's the last time we saw that Nakamura. That being said, those more familiar with the guy in NJ will say he was always more or less coasting and showing up only for super big matches. I thought the match against AJ was very good, maybe even excellent, and the idea of him working heel is rather promising. But AJ had a better match in WWE against Seth Rollins. That's the reality of it. Right now, I'm more interested in watching Bryan vs Sami than I am watching another AJ vs Nak.

I liked the A.J. match too but unless they're saving something bigger for the rematch, it's clear he's no longer the spectacular big match worker he used to be (And even then I think his coasting in NJPW is a bit of an overstatement. Dude usually made an effort in every singles match).

I think it was Loss who I saw mention it on Twitter, that Roman is basically Lex Luger now. He's the guy who can't win the big one. I said it before my issue with the Great Roman Adventure was the booking rather than anything he himself was doing (or not doing), and it was on display again last night.

I actually feel bad for the guy, he's improved so much since the days of the Shield breakup yet he keeps getting his "coronation" pushed back until it's almost a cruel joke.

Lol theyve announced that Brock has re-signed and is defending against Roman in a cage in Saudi Arabia. Absurd to tank the Mania main event for a Wahabbist propaganda show. Shouldve done the Mania match half way through the show and had a blood stoppage.

Lol theyve announced that Brock has resigned and is defending against Roman in a cage in Saudi Arabia. Absurd to tank the Mania main event for a Wahabbist propaganda show. Shouldve done the Mania match half way through the show and had a blood stoppage.

I mean, it makes sense considering the amount of money they probably got paid for that show.

Lol theyve announced that Brock has resigned and is defending against Roman in a cage in Saudi Arabia. Absurd to tank the Mania main event for a Wahabbist propaganda show. Shouldve done the Mania match half way through the show and had a blood stoppage.

I mean, it makes sense considering the amount of money they probably got paid for that show.

They shouldve done last nights match way different then.

I think it was Loss who I saw mention it on Twitter, that Roman is basically Lex Luger now. He's the guy who can't win the big one. I said it before my issue with the Great Roman Adventure was the booking rather than anything he himself was doing (or not doing), and it was on display again last night.

I actually feel bad for the guy, he's improved so much since the days of the Shield breakup yet he keeps getting his "coronation" pushed back until it's almost a cruel joke.

I don't think the Luger comparison is completely apt, given that Reigns has gone over both Triple H and The Undertaker clean in the previous two WM main events. He also had Lesnar beat at WM 31 before the Rollins cash in. Not being able to win the big one isn't the issue.

I'll grant you that Roman has been made to look like shit during the build and during the match this time round though.

I must admit I'm morbidly interested in that Jedda show.

Same, I'm gonna feel huge guilt for watching it but I will do out of morbid fascination.

Wtf were they thinking having Reigns squashed to set him up for a second shot? Should've gone half way into the show, lasted under ten minutes and been called off on a blood stoppage if this was always the route they were going. Send Cena and Taker out last.

Lol theyve announced that Brock has re-signed and is defending against Roman in a cage in Saudi Arabia. Absurd to tank the Mania main event for a Wahabbist propaganda show. Shouldve done the Mania match half way through the show and had a blood stoppage.

How little interest can Brock give without getting money thrown at him? I mean there is no chance that he can give less fucks than he did the last 9 months or so. I mean good for him, but seriously, continuing having Lesnar on top could damage the company longterm.