Pro Wrestling Only

Roman Reigns as the ace post-Wrestlemania

FMKK

I guess Roman has been saying he wants a program with Bryan which I would surmise means he obviously is ready for a heel run.

WWE will give him a feud with Bryan and won't turn him heel and he'll steamroll Bryan at WM and then they will wonder why he's not getting over as a face even though he steamrolled two of the most over babyfaces in the companies history on the biggest stage -- Taker and Bryan.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Roman has been saying he wants a program with Bryan which I would surmise means he obviously is ready for a heel run.

WWE will give him a feud with Bryan and won't turn him heel and he'll steamroll Bryan at WM and then they will wonder why he's not getting over as a face even though he steamrolled two of the most over babyfaces in the companies history on the biggest stage -- Taker and Bryan.

Remember, they actually managed to finally damage Bryan's overness at the end there with the match against Roman.

as i said Roman neeed LOS style make over Los are Heels by Booking but over as faces shock

I really just want the belt off of Lesnar at this point. I'm tired of the part time champion shit and the terrible matches he usually has more often than not.

He's a month and a half away from breaking CM Punk's mammoth reign. I can see Vince pettily letting Brock beat that before he drops the title

I really just want the belt off of Lesnar at this point. I'm tired of the part time champion shit and the terrible matches he usually has more often than not.

He's a month and a half away from breaking CM Punk's mammoth reign. I can see Vince pettily letting Brock beat that before he drops the title

Is he gonna defend the belt again in that time? I Doubt it. You have 43 days until he beats punks reign an in that time you have backlash and that's it. I Highly doubt that he will be on backlash so the 'record' has already gone.

Roman should have won the Wrestlemania match with Brock the first time when they did the stupid swerve shit with Seth Rollins and the Money-in-the-Bank cash-in (which needs to go away, by the way). Everything after that just compounded it.

Pretty much

It was such a mammoth reign that most people likely forgot it existed, or certainly how long it was.

It was such a mammoth reign that most people likely forgot it existed, or certainly how long it was.

Most people doesn't include Vince. Especially as the court case with Punk & Cabana against Chris Amman will be taking place very soon.

The only thing they know how to book anymore is fucking feuds centered around records and title reigns. It started out as something novel and somewhat fresh back when Punk was doing it & drawing attention to his numbered days as champion, but it's beyond fucking redundant by now. It means nothing, because it's all they book towards up & down the whole card.

For every champ. In every division. In every rivalry.

Enough.

The only thing they know how to book anymore is fucking feuds centered around records and title reigns. It started out as something novel and somewhat fresh back when Punk was doing it & drawing attention to his numbered days as champion, but it's beyond fucking redundant by now. It means nothing, because it's all they book towards up & down the whole card.

For every champ. In every division. In every rivalry.

Enough.

Very good point. I know Sasha was never going to be their top star, but having her lose to Charlotte every time for the sake of a ppv streak that ended on a B-level show was terrible.

And Reigns is absolutely done as a top face now. He was never going to work as the Guy to begin with for a multitude of reasons people smarter than I have already mentioned countless times before, but this feud has absolutely destroyed him. Talks for weeks about how Brock is a lazy part-timer while he's busting his ass off every week and...loses. Then he gets a rematch for absolutely no reason and loses again on a made-up technicality.

Take him off TV for a few months and bring him back as a heel.

Has this been reported somewhere?

In an interview with WWE.com, Roman Reigns said that he would like to fight Daniel Bryan, possibly at next year’s Wrestlemania 35. Here are highlights:

On if Brock was his most difficult opponent: “For me it’s like comparing who is more ‘beast’. Physically this has been the most difficult match because we all know what Brock puts into play every time he gets into a WWE ring. He is one of the biggest and fastest athletes and physically he has been terrible, nothing pleasant, no. When I face him it’s easier to prepare because I know it’s going to be a very physical battle, but when I face people like Undertaker, Triple H and many others it’s more difficult because you have to prepare yourself on the mental plane. I’ve been playing football for many years and it’s one of the toughest sports in the world, so I can tell you that I’m not afraid of Brock and that I’m ready to face him again”.

On who he wants to face next: “It’s difficult. The last few years have been a roller coaster of sensations, a great opportunity, but I think I’d like to face Daniel Bryan again. I do not see much of the talents of SmackDown, but I know that he has a medical discharge and that if his health respects him it could be a great match for next year at WrestleMania. Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns. But if it can not be, then I’d like to face the rest of The Shield, Seth and Dean again, I think it would be great too”.

The Rock was over as both a heel & a face admittedly but it was his initial failed babyface run that turned him heel & made him into a star.

Yokozuna? Better as a heel. Umaga? Heel. Headshrinkers? Heels. Wild Samoans? Heels. Even the Usos have been a lot better since turning heel.

Other than a Rikishi babyface run, most of that bloodline has prospered at being heel. Peter Maivia was before my time & I've not seen any of his work but I think he was a babyface but don't know for sure so don't want to say.

But for whatever reason, they don't want to try a heel run with Roman Reigns. It's really odd.

To be clear....

I thought Reigns would win and I wanted Reigns to win at Mania

I thought Reigns would win and I wanted Reigns to win at GRR

I like Reigns and I wish they would have pulled the trigger by now.

That said, I just don't think this is some kind of end. WWE is such a short cycle promotion. By November or January we could be talking about how great the last 7-9 moths of build for Reigns were and how they really turned around the main event.

Sure, this seems like nonsense booking to us, but I don't feel like the broader audience sees this the same way. If WWE/mainstream wrestling in general functionally operated on long term cycles... yeah, he would be dead. But it doesn't. no one is watching WWE for their long term booking right now. This is esp true on a glorified money mark house show that was more or less a big commercial for SA - for fuck sake HHH v Cena... Rusev v Taker. Honesty, a rich man's child booked a lot of this indirectly by telling his dad what he liked.... right?

They fucked up the story and they fucked up the Reigns push... royally, but he isn't' dead and I would be shocked if he is going away. He will likely plug along and put on great matches for the foreseeable future. I don't know how they handle him or how they get him over, but guess is that if they just let him keep being great for a while away from the title people will actually latch on fast.

I agree with this. I mean, Mark Henry went from having a comedy and completely nonthreatening gimmick - as a character and as main event type of guy - for years, to a legit main eventer that even became a draw in a very short span of time.

I do agree with the sentiment that Roman is done as a main guy in this current state, he needs a big change and probably a big hiatus before even trying to revive him as a possible n°1 guy. He's Bray Wyatt with good matches status right now. But he's far from done if they ever decide to stop doing the same shit with him over and over and over again.

I agree with all the points about the Mania match ending with the wrong finish and everything, but I honestly feel like a lot of people are more upset that they called it wrong.

Plenty of folks worked themselves up and created this fake narrative in their minds leading up to Mania. I don't know how or why, but there was suddenly this huge group of people talking about this epic three-year long story arc that we were all supposedly witnessing in front of us.

Except we weren't. There was literally no more than five or six weeks of buildup for the thing. Before that, Roman was taking clean pinfalls for the Miz in weekly IC Title matches.

Fans just created this greater narrative in their imagination - partly because I guess they were hoping the Brock run had reached its natural expiration date.

But nah. Turned out it was just the match they decided to run on top of their bloated Mania card this year. Nothing more. Nothing less. And folks are kind of butthurt by the idea that their imaginary story wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Now, don't get me wrong. I understand how & why there's more to it for some of you. I realize Brock is stale, and the matches are beyond boring. I realize some of you feel like they've shortchanged Roman two or three too many times already.

But really. For a lot of fans, I just think it's a matter of them calling it wrong. Maybe I'm way off base, but that's how a lot of it comes across.

I agree with all the points about the Mania match ending with the wrong finish and everything, but I honestly feel like a lot of people are more upset that they called it wrong.

What I want to happen has nothing to do with them wasting everybody's time for three years with Roman being a complete and utter failure.

Either he's the guy to main event WrestleMania and be the ace or he's not, booking him in that position and not paying it off is just a waste of everybody's time.

For me, it's that I'd like for them to shit or get off the pot with Reigns. Make him the top star or shuffle him down. Just do it already, either way, instead of keeping him in limbo. Also, the Brock-Heyman duo is stale as hell.

I think that's what bugs me the most. The half-assed booking is so draining as a viewer.

I've said numerous times in this thread alone. My biggest issue with this match is they killed far more interesting storylines over the course of the year because they were only interested in this match. Lesnar/Joe was great and they glossed over it because it wasn't Lesnar/Reigns. Same with Braun/Lesnar. I would much rather have seen either of those feuds, which were far hotter as well, get more fleshed out and get better matches out of it. But instead those guys had to get cut off at the knees and job to 1 F5 so Reigns could kick out of 800 of them.

Reigns is whatever to me. I'm generally apathetic to him but the fact that he in storyline never earns anything really annoys the shit out of me. He can fail as much as he wants to and there will always be some BS avenue for him to get back to that title match. And if that BS avenue doesn't exist he'll just declare he's getting a shot at the title and it will be so.