Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Mania WWE TV (04/09 - 04/15)

KawadaSmile

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to heel Shinsuke. That interview was a great first step.

Also: Renee young accusing someone else of being disingenuous involves a degree of cognitive dissonance that is almost physically painful. I don't think that woman has ever uttered a genuine word in her life. When she says "I'm Renee Young" I think, "No you aren't, you big phoney."

Also: Renee young accusing someone else of being disingenuous involves a degree of cognitive dissonance that is almost physically painful. I don't think that woman has ever uttered a genuine word in her life. When she says "I'm Renee Young" I think, "No you aren't, you big phoney."

This is a weird hot take.

This is a weird hot take.
Weirder than "Asuka isn't over"??? :)

What is the general take on Renee Young?

In what little I have seen from her (from the Rumble through WrestleMania) she has sincerely come across to me as someone who doesn't believe a word she is saying and who is doing a terrible job of pretending to enjoy being at a WWE event.

Bryan and AJ are a step above everyone else in wrestling. Who else could go out there and have such a technically good match, with the crowd so involved, given that amount of time and without recourse to crazy spots? I like Okada and Omega but forget about it, they're not on AJ and Bryan's level. Guys like Ospreay, Scurl, Seth Rollins, I don't dislike any of those guys, but they might as well be backyarders compared to those two.

In what little I have seen from her (from the Rumble through WrestleMania) she has sincerely come across to me as someone who doesn't believe a word she is saying and who is doing a terrible job of pretending to enjoy being at a WWE event.

She's not having as much airtime as she used to, BUT her role as the host for Talking Smack was amazing. You should give it a watch sometime, basically all the deserved praise she gets has to do with her role there.

Also, particularly, I thought she was also a good commentator. A lock for HOF to be honest.

Yep, because Renee seems pretty beloved and appears to be a genuine wrestling fan. Yours is literally the first cross word I've ever seen against her anywhere.

And Asuka isn't over, or at least her streak wasn't. Unlike Goldberg's, it was forced, completely inorganic, and - here's the important part - no one gave a shit.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I noticed Renee Young on WWE television? The Miz/Ambrose IC Title feud from back when the SmackDown show was week-to-week engaging television, if I had to guess..?

But she was a total breath of fresh air when she first signed. She came across as genuine, knowledgeable, and eagerly excited about stuff. Her short-lived stint on the NXT announce team was great, with her interactions & chemistry with Regal being a true joy.

I honestly couldn't tell you how she is or what she's been up to for at least a year though. If I've even seen her in segments since then, I certainly haven't noticed.

She's not having as much airtime as she used to, BUT her role as the host for Talking Smack was amazing. You should give it a watch sometime, basically all the deserved praise she gets has to do with her role there.

Also, particularly, I thought she was also a good commentator. A lock for HOF to be honest.

I've never seen Talking Smack. I'm a total fair-weather WWE guy. Mostly just tune in for RumbleMania season then drop out after the post-WM RAW (though it sounds like I'll definitely have to check out today's SmackDown, too). It's a tough call whether Young or Corey Graves has gotten on my nerves more these past two months, though at least Graves has had his moments. I can buy the idea that, if I'd seen Renee Young at her best I might have given her faux-excited PPV pre-show act a lot more leeway.

I've never seen Talking Smack. I'm a total fair-weather WWE guy. Mostly just tune in for RumbleMania season then drop out after the post-WM RAW (though it sounds like I'll definitely have to check out today's SmackDown, too). It's a tough call whether Young or Corey Graves has gotten on my nerves more these past two months, though at least Graves has had his moments. I can buy the idea that, if I'd seen Renee Young at her best I might have given her faux-excited PPV pre-show act a lot more leeway.

To be fair, the pre-show is a shitty spot to be in and a demotion - kinda hard to get geared up for that.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I noticed Renee Young on WWE television? The Miz/Ambrose IC Title feud from back when the SmackDown show was week-to-week engaging television, if I had to guess..?

But she was a total breath of fresh air when she first signed. She came across as genuine, knowledgeable, and eagerly excited about stuff. Her short-lived stint on the NXT announce team was great, with her interactions & chemistry with Regal being a true joy.

I honestly couldn't tell you how she is or what she's been up to for at least a year though. If I've even seen her in segments since then, I certainly haven't noticed.

Yeah I didn't even notice that was her doing the interview.

That was a great little tv main event and probably the perfect way to put some heat on Nakamura at the end. His dedication to hammering AJ Styles in the balls is admiral and ruining fantasy matches should probably be his gimmick from here on out. And of course more of those interviews explaining why he’s doing it.

Super fun couple hours of wrestling. First time I’ve watched RAW and Smackdown in the same week in about twelve years. Part of it is because I was up doing work anyway, but I may do the same next week for this draft.

Yep, because Renee seems pretty beloved and appears to be a genuine wrestling fan. Yours is literally the first cross word I've ever seen against her anywhere.

And Asuka isn't over, or at least her streak wasn't. Unlike Goldberg's, it was forced, completely inorganic, and - here's the important part - no one gave a shit.

Don't wanna derail this thread so I'll stop with this post... but I am surprised that Renee Young comes across as genuine to anyone. Maybe her voice reminds me of someone I knew in Canada who was a phony or something? It was an immediate, visceral, reaction from me.

And I was totally, deeply, interested in the Asuka streak as were all of the WWE fans I know over here. Of course, to us, she's a local girl made good so that has at least something to do with it. (I live in Nara City, which is close to Osaka and Kyoto, so Asuka and Nakamura are both local "guys"... Asuka even more so, since she often showed up on Osaka indie shows when she was still called Kana, and even came to some of the same parties as me)

Your idea that "no one gave a shit" is a s odd to me as my idea that "Renee Young seems like a big phony" is to you.

Agree to disagree?

Edit: Yep, it could just be that she's bummed about the demotion but still trying to work up some enthusiasm, and that's what I'm picking up on. That actually makes a lot of sense.