General Chat topic

Loss

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are your top 10 (non-wrestling) T.V. shows of all time?

Without thinking of order:

Babylon 5

Star Trek: Deep Space 9

Seinfeld

How I Met Your Mother

Steven Universe

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 Version)

Mission Hill

Breaking Bad

Farscape

South Park

Three ESL teachers! That's pretty cool.

Currently teaching in South Africa - always dreamt of teaching/travelling to Mexico but finding Black Terry and/or being bottled in a seedy Monterrey lucha promotion seem passed me at 27. Alas.

1a. Trek DS9

1b. Trek TNG

2. King of the Hill

3. Jeopardy

I have an entire stupid website for tracking my music plays (http://www.last.fm/user/philtll), which will tell you I'm a Deadhead first and a lot of other things too. I try to hit at least 2 MLB stadiums a year. I go to fairly a lot of concerts.

I thought I was the only Deadhead wrestling fan whose favorite tv show is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. 😀

What are your top 10 (non-wrestling) T.V. shows of all time?

In no particular order:

Barney Miller

Night Court

The Twilight Zone (any version of that show honestly. They're all fine, even that 2003 UPN version)

Late Night/Late Show with David Letterman

Mystery Science Theater: 3000

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Taxi

The Bob Newhart Show

Newhart

Iron Chef

This was hard as hell to do because I love lots of TV. Especially older TV shows. Some solid choices in other posts. Glad to see The Rockford Files get some love. James Garner rules.

I LOVE me some game shows and putting them on my list would've been cheating. My favorite game shows are To Tell the Truth, Match Game, Family Feud with Richard Dawson, Press Your Luck, The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game (Bob Eubanks or bust), I've Got a Secret, Card Sharks, Scrabble, and countless others. You name 'em I've probably seen and watched quite a bunch of 'em.

I don't watch nearly as much TV as I used to and if I weren't in a shared household I'd have cut the cord a long time ago. I'm a subscriber to a video game website called Giant Bomb that has their own live streaming and taped content that I watch on a regular basis that is basically what is like my cable.

TV

I've never watched any of The Office (US) post-Carell episodes (bar the finale) as I struggled with the handful of episodes at the end of Season 7 after he'd left. I always envisioned Rainn Wilson pretty much having to carry the show in the final two seasons. It also got to the stage where certain characters became unbearable (Andy, Kevin) and as much as I liked Ryan in the early seasons, from a logical point of view, he long outstayed his welcome. I'm a huge fan of the Michael Scott Paper Company arc in Season 5 and thought Erin was a wonderful addition.

I loved and adored the show but it definitely does take a dive. Season 8 bottoms out incredibly bad after starting off strong with James Spader's Robert California character but then after 2-3 episodes he begins to overstay his welcome incredibly fast. I tend to skip Season 8 if I ever rewatch any episodes of the show. I will say Season 9 does have strong points mixed in with some frankly, terrible storylines. Andy's character becomes so frustratingly unlikable and I found myself beginning to skip his scenes entirely during the final stretch of the show.

Creed's the reason to watch The Office. :D

Had a long-time girlfriend (attractive but crazy), an average paid job (French teacher in an international organization), a flat (small but near the center of Paris). Left all three a few years ago.

Tried something else with someone else somewhere else.

Failed.

Since then, as Grandaddy would say : "I'm on standby".

(and that's my post 9966. Perfect number.)

Been married 12 years, my son's six and in his last month of kindergarten. I work tech support for a cable company everyone loves to hate, but it's a decent paying job with pretty great benefits. You just need to have patience with the 80 year old grammas.

Bakery manager in a small grocery store in midtown Vancouver. Married last year, but I've been with her since 2006.

TV shows...

Simpsons

Seinfeld

Mad Men

Office US

Arrested Development

Music...

Indie

60s pop/rock

60s and 70s alternative Rock

Old Jazz

Disco

Some rap

Old country and western

Soooo... Who else hates their job? :)

I got a BSMIS and just got back to school late last year and am already 9 (out of 33 credits) credits into a MNA/MNM, but am taking a break from school this term as I'm going on vacation with my wife out of the country. I was going to do a MBA, but now-a-days everyone has one, so I'd rather take the nonprofit management degree to take a different route, but I'll definitely go back to school for an MBA once I'm done with this degree.

What sports does everyone follow? I'm a massive football fan -- but a neutral. I'm going on vacation to Italy and Spain at the end of the month -- will be in Rome, Florence, Turin, Milan, Madrid, Seville, Valencia and Barcelona in a 2 week span. I'm visiting a ton of stadiums and museums, so I will hopefully find a club I can identify with to support.

Rugby Union, Cricket, Football (#UTST), Gridiron, Darts mainly. I've played them all other than Gridiron locally. Anyone else play much in the way of sport?

Three ESL teachers! That's pretty cool.

Currently teaching in South Africa - always dreamt of teaching/travelling to Mexico but finding Black Terry and/or being bottled in a seedy Monterrey lucha promotion seem passed me at 27. Alas.

I'm an ESL teacher too, after 10+ years in Japan I returned to the UK last year, and moved to Ireland a few months ago

Got married in January. We've been together six years. I have a 7 year old stepson (his father isn't on the scene at all) and a 16 month old girl.

Work as a painter/decorator with my brother. It started as a summer job getting through university, and for short spells of unemployment, but resigned myself to it a couple of years ago as the easy/sensible option.

I finished my history and Politics degree in 1999, tried various office jobs, lived in Belfast for a while, but this country mouse seemed to get chewed up and spat out.

Soooo... Who else hates their job? :)

I got a BSMIS and just got back to school late last year and am already 9 (out of 33 credits) credits into a MNA/MNM, but am taking a break from school this term as I'm going on vacation with my wife out of the country. I was going to do a MBA, but now-a-days everyone has one, so I'd rather take the nonprofit management degree to take a different route, but I'll definitely go back to school for an MBA once I'm done with this degree.

I don't hate my job but I'm bored with my job. I'm ready to move into a manager role. It's acknowledged that I'm ready to move there and the director of my department gives me projects and opportunities to continue my development. But I'm waiting for someone to move up or out to open a spot up for me. So I'm stuck doing a job that's beneath me at this point waiting for my chance or a project that I can sink my teeth into for a few days of something different.

What are everyone's favorite genres of music?

I have a functionalist perspective on this as I heavily adjust what I listen to to my needs. While I study or write seminars I listen to classical music (which is just random stuff on youtube as I'm at least a couple of years away from saying anything about the subject confidently). Otherwise when I listen to "western" music for hedonism it's mostly shoegaze, ambient, vaporwave, lo-fi and similar stuff. I'd say at least 80% of what I listen to now is just local folk or folk-inspired pop tho :)

I'm kind of curious what everyone does for a living.

I run a specialized hotel and a telephone service which provide gentlemen with the company of a young lady for a short while.

Otherwise when I listen to "western" music for hedonism it's mostly shoegaze, ambient, vaporwave, lo-fi and similar stuff.

This is fascinating, because these are a few of those genres that make me feel like a caveman staring at a spaceship.

I'm deeply into funk, soul, R&B, jazz, blues, and your less indie-fied rock varieties, but these days most of the new releases I hear are hip-hop. I also love a lot of older and a few new country singers. I got really into classical a year or two ago.

A lot of companies seem to be tucking in wording in their employment terms barring people from complaining about their jobs online. I mean, I get it, but it's funny when you consider most of the US are "right to work" states where you can get fired for pretty much anything your boss feels like that doesn't violate existing law.