Pro Wrestling Only

HELL IN A (red) CELL 2018

KawadaSmile

Let's do it, boys. Roman is gonna lose and Twitter is going to be an even bigger shitstorm. Let's go to the card, shall we?

No. Matches* Stipulations
1 Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse Mixed tag team match[19]
2 AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe Singles match for the WWE Championship[20]
3P The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Rusev and Aiden English Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship[21]
4 Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Universal Championship with Mick Foley as special guest referee[22]
This is Strowman's Money in the Bank cash-in match
5 Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexa Bliss Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship[23]
6 Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton Hell in a Cell match[24]
7 Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship[25]
8 Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship[26]

I am actually looking forward to Jeff's match. He's never been in this kind of setting and the build for this was actually really good. Expecting some insanity.

Will Rusev and English get some deserved gold? 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becky Vs. Charlotte will be interesting. The majority of the card leaves me cold but that's expected nowadays as I don't pay a lot of attention to the main roster anymore. I do still watch the occasional PPV, especially the big ones, but I've not really followed the TV for months. I don't even have cable anymore. 

Mick Foley being the special referee in the main event actually makes me want to see that match less. 

I'm mostly hoping for a hot crowd but honestly, I'll probably wait until tomorrow to watch it so I can fast-forward through the parts that don't interest me. 

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton in a HITC match ? Wanna take a wild guess what will happen there ? I have no idea why anyone cares about some goof taking a giant bump in a HITC match in 2018. It was retarded in 1998, but at least it was new. Nowadays ? Complete stupidity. Does anyone even talks about the stupidest bump ever took by Shane-O Mac at some Mania ?

30 minutes ago, El-P said:

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton in a HITC match ? Wanna take a wild guess what will happen there ? I have no idea why anyone cares about some goof taking a giant bump in a HITC match in 2018. It was retarded in 1998, but at least it was new. Nowadays ? Complete stupidity. Does anyone even talks about the stupidest bump ever took by Shane-O Mac at some Mania ?

Kevin Owens was just chokeslammed off of a cage through a table like a month ago & people didn't even talk about it at the end of the same show it was on.

I am super pumped for this show. I was really seriously contemplating buying plane tickets to San Antonio to see this live. Smackdown is firing on all cylinders. I am really excited for Becky vs Charlotte I cant remember the last time I was so pumped for a match. I really hope Becky wins. AJ vs Joe is gonna be so badass. Love the mixed tag match make so much sense and it is a great next step in that feud. I wish Carmella and Asuka were on the show. Hardy vs Orton is a weird choice for the Cell, but makes sense so Hardy can do something crazy.

RAW sucks what else is new. Why should I care about Rousey vs Bliss? Roman vs Braun will be very good, but I dont really care. Thank God for Smackdown! 

Wait, they're going with a red cell? Wasn't a major complaint about TNAs red cell that it was hard as shit to actually see what was going on? 2018 WWE mining 2010 TNA is making me uncomfortable since it gives off the impression that TNA was ahead of its time. They were ahead of its time in the way that a dude jumping off a roof with cardboard wings pre-dated the aeroplane.

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Kevin Owens was just chokeslammed off of a cage through a table like a month ago & people didn't even talk about it at the end of the same show it was on.

Had the company had any foresight, keeping Owens off of TV after that and then having him return tonight to screw Strowman (but accidentally screw Reigns?) would've made some sense, been a decent surprise, and given them a reason to do an Owens/Strowman/Reigns triple threat match for whatever next month's show is. 

Seems they do actually have the show listed as 7-1030 est rather than 7-11 as they've been.

2 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Had the company had any foresight, keeping Owens off of TV after that and then having him return tonight to screw Strowman (but accidentally screw Reigns?) would've made some sense, been a decent surprise, and given them a reason to do an Owens/Strowman/Reigns triple threat match for whatever next month's show is. 

Agreed 100%. That SummerSlam squash was so so dumb.

This lineup looks pretty great on paper and I'm thus very excited for the show.  That's incredibly worrying because when expectations are high this company usually fails to approach them on PPV.  Its not hard to envision scenarios where just about every match other than Orton/Hardy delivers, even if I know that won't happen.

Plus a realistic chance that this ends by, much less before, 11?  Fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I love the table in the OP. How did you do that, KawadaSmile?

Yeah, how you do that?

wizard.jpg

I have a rare Sunday night off and was actually going to watch this show and post along like old times.  Unfortunately, we are having major hydro problems (apparently due to the unseasonable heat we're experiencing) and as a result we are having "brownouts" where we lose power about every 15 minutes for 2-3 minutes.  Then it comes back.  Then it goes out. Trying to watch something during rolling power outages will probably be incredibly frustrating.  Maybe even as frustrating as the booking on the actual show.

4 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Quoted for truth. Spots are so disposable nowadays.  They used to create legendary moments. Now, they are discarded and nobody cares. 

Nothing matters anymore.

41 minutes ago, Alucard said:

Agreed 100%. That SummerSlam squash was so so dumb.

That squash was so much fun though. KO's bumps off Braun's shoulder blocks bring me genuine joy & happiness. Never fails.

If they had any sense, they could allow Owens to build up good will through these nutty bumps & have him deliver a passionate promo or sit-down segment ala Foley circa '97.

But nah, fuck it. They've got content to produce and hours to fill. Keep him wrestling matches, because they need matches.

Nice. New Day vs Rusev Day as the opener, if something can get the crowd going, this is it.

Shit, sorry @C.S. and @The Thread Killer for leave you guys hanging. Like Winged Eagle said, it's just a basic copy/paste job from wiki pedia. Would be crazy to insert tables through the board's console, but can't complain.