Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very down on Billy Corgan and his Wrestling IQ. Court Baurer called him knowledge enough to be dangerous and I believe that's succinct enough way to describe him.

To me hasn't graduated beyond a casual fan's understanding of the business. I don't think Billy could tell you the how and why angles worked. I will give him he has handled his music catalogue really well but I don't see the same savyness when it comes to Wrestling. He wants to relive his first relive his first real exposure to Wrestling (ECW) and realises legitimate Women's Wrestling matches have potential growth drawing power wise. That's his two MOs/ideas basically.

I know people who don't even like the term call Billy a money mark.

Also in the music industry his ego, control issues and people skills are legendary. I would imagine he would be a pain in the ass to be a partner with. I await hearing Billy Corgan deleting all the guitar tracks on Serge's TNA entrance themes and that re-recorded them himself.

Lou is in Billy's inner circle so that's some non-journalist confirmation of interest:

Posted Image

He was ECW's Sign Guy Dudley and Lou E Dangerously.

To be fair to them, they are playing it as a joke. It was basically a parody of the TNA "WE HAVE A BIG SURPRISE SUPERSTAR FORMER WORLD CHAMPION COMING!!!" bullshit announcement.

I have inordinate interest in TNA becoming an ironic promotion that exists solely to mock it's own boneheaded mistakes. Just use the giant list of fuck ups on the WO Board as a reference, and go nuts.

I was at the tapings last night. The second show they recorded for next week was a bit of a rough sit. I won't spoil any finishes or anything. I will say the opener of Anderson working in street clothes vs. Knox felt like it went 40 and killed the crowd. They never recovered. The Angle vs. Aries - Submission Match though was likely the best match of the entire 4+ hr evening.

To be fair to them, they are playing it as a joke. It was basically a parody of the TNA "WE HAVE A BIG SURPRISE SUPERSTAR FORMER WORLD CHAMPION COMING!!!" bullshit announcement.

I have inordinate interest in TNA becoming an ironic promotion that exists solely to mock it's own boneheaded mistakes. Just use the giant list of fuck ups on the WO Board as a reference, and go nuts.

So is Dixie basically a MILFTROLL now ?

Odd strategy that, highlighting that you're legit shit, making anyone who bought the hype in the past feel like a dick and breaking consumer confidence on one swoop...