Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

WWF Attitude for was the worst since its has not aged well to my eyes and its less than 20 years old anything that is good ages well WWF Attitude era and plus the in ring stuff which is the only thing I care for was shiit ie it has not aged well

I have no idea what on earth you are talking about?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched Amazing Kong vs ODB vs Gail Kim from Destination X 2008 (which was an excellent PPV from top to bottom, really). Damn, these girls beat the shit out of each other. If that match happened today, I swear no one would even dare to say anything remotely good about Nia Jaxx. Amazing Kong was Vader-like during this stint. The other two just decided the time to fuck around was over. These girls deserve way more credit than they are given for because of TNA (which really deserves more credit too, early 2008 thus far as been really good and easy to watch for the most part).

I haven't gone back and watched it in awhile or anything, but I remember 2008 being a pretty strong in-ring year for TNA. Joe/Angle at Lockdown, the Joe/Booker weapons cage match (not the awful one from Houston), Joe/Sting, Angle/Abyss from Turning Point, the Christian/Team 3D program, and several other gems are rarely referenced but are well worth scoping out.

That's good to know. February/March as been basically as good as TNA has been since the peak days of 2005. I really don't want to invest time to make giant yearly threads like I used to, but most of this stuff remains under the radar and it really deserves some attention. Probably the best era/product Russo has been involved with (although you can guess which part he's responsible of, and these are obviously the worst). Credit goes to Mantell (and some to Corny I guess).

Surprised no one is talking about this... (Or maybe you were at at time? This was filmed several months ago.)

Sami Callihan is a reckless indy goof. He apparently legitimately injured Eddie Edwards with this incredibly stupid stunt. I had no use for Callihan when he was in NXT as Solomon Crowe, and he's done nothing to change my opinion since then.

From Twitter:

Jim Cornette: OK, I just saw this for the first time-- @TheEddieEdwards should have beat the shit out of this stupid fuck--he set it up shoddy, was careless with his shitty swing & they shouldn't have been doing it to begin with. Who the fuck "trained" @TheSamiCallihan ? I'm fucking hot.

Sami Callihan: This hurts Jimmy.... I’ll just keep watching my bank account go up.

I rarely agree with Cornette, but he's right this time.

In-character (presumably) promo from Callihan:

He looks more like a fan than a wrestler. What an indy goof. Not a good look for him or the increasingly desperate Impact.

I feel like the punchline is that Callihan was trained by Les Thatcher?

Which is shocking, because Les Thatcher has a great rep.

However, I heard it was actually Les Thatcher and Sharkboy who trained him, which makes me wonder if Les stood outside while Sharkboy did all the actual training.

Nothing against Sharkboy, which is a fun prelim gimmick, but he's never wrestled anywhere major (unless you count the dying days of WCW as major, or TNA as major, and I don't).

Even if he was trained by a Les Thatcher, working companies like CZW, Lucha Underground, and many other east coast indies for about 6 or 7 years will put an interesting coat of paint on whatever training you already had. I mean Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) was trained by Les and HWA guys and he was definitely not known for his technical expertise on the indies

Love that he is using the "I am making all these money" line since TNA has been accused of STILL having trouble paying the wrestlers. The reason he is making money in this business is because he works probably 2 or 3 times a week in every indie promotion you can think of. He will probably wrestle 7 or 8 times on WM weekend to compensate getting jack shit on the TNA show.

BTW, speaking of money...

I'm not a big fan of Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero, but even he's outraged by Sami Callihan's lack of professionalism.

KASSIUS (KASH-US)
2714.png
@KassiusOhno
Replying to @TheSamiCallihan
Really? Really? There is ZERO correlation between how much money you make & what happened in that ring. You should be embarrassed. ASHAMED.

11:59 PM - Mar 2, 2018

Why is everyone pretending that Les Thatcher still gets in the ring to train people? Hell, he hasn't even owned the HWA in a long time.

I was making a gag?

Though it's not like Callihan hasn't been active for twelve years.

The weirder blindspot to me is the fact that people are just ignoring how well regarded Callihan was in 2011-12 (14 on the 2011 WKO 100 for instance, 11 in 2012). It's not like he's just some indy guy here. He's also a guy who spent years in the WWE developmental system.

Why is everyone pretending that Les Thatcher still gets in the ring to train people? Hell, he hasn't even owned the HWA in a long time.

I was making a gag?

Though it's not like Callihan hasn't been active for twelve years.

The weirder blindspot to me is the fact that people are just ignoring how well regarded Callihan was in 2011-12 (14 on the 2011 WKO 100 for instance, 11 in 2012). It's not like he's just some indy guy here. He's also a guy who spent years in the WWE developmental system.

To be fair, I did say that it's more likely Shark Boy trained him while Les Thatcher watched.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, "well regarded" = overhyped in this case. When Sami Callihan came to NXT as Solomon Crowe, he was completely exposed IMO. He was the drizzling shits in every way - poor in-ring performances, bad facials and over-the-top mugging that made early heel Jericho look subtle, just flat-out terrible and disappointing. "The hacker gimmick was shit" is an excuse I've heard - but I say bollocks to that, and I'm not even British. I thought it was a great gimmick, timely with numerous creative possibilities, but the problem was in the casting. They cast a mediocre indy goof who was all smoke and mirrors but poofed when it came time to actually deliver.

What I don't get is when it happened, reports from the tapings were something like the bat bounced off the chair and hit him, but it looks like he hit him right in the face. How does that even happen when you're supposed to be aiming at a chair placed on his chest? Either Sami is like Stan Hansen levels of poor eyesight or has zero depth perception.