Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your always fun and constructive contribution to the board.

But anyway, there's a GFW thread, so people interested in talking about this (yeah, seems crazy that people would want to talk about something other than old Memphis and current WWE but shit happens), can be directed there. Link in post above.

Thanks again for your kindness and understanding and shit.

Lipstick on a pig

Thanks for your always fun and constructive contribution to the board.

seems crazy that people would want to talk about something other than old Memphis and current WWE but shit happens

Thanks again for your kindness and understanding and shit.

You could argue that goc is doing more to preserve the history of Tennessee wrestling than the Jarretts currently. The Continental thread and his youtube uploads should be considered a cornerstone of this community. Not that he gives a fuck. I'm just saying.

I do agree that the TNA thread can probably be closed finally

GFW announced on Monday that Alberto El Patron has been stripped of the Unified World Heavyweight Title due to the recent domestic incident with Paige at an Orlando airport. Regarding the future of the title, GFW Executive Bruce Prichard will be making an announcement on Thursday's live GFW Destination X special. GFW noted that the announcement will "rock GFW and IMPACT to it's very core."

So they are bringing Shamrock back? Or just GFW BS?

I'm going to close this soon. Wrap up any conversations you currently have and start a new thread for GFW if you care to do so. This was never intended to be a catch-all thread for all things TNA. It was started to ask a very specific question. At some point, I or one of the mods should probably break off some of the posts into more specific topics. TNA was probably mostly terrible, but it's not really fair to do a thread discussing them where that's the topic name either.

I still don't know the answer to the question. WAS TNA THE WORST?! Plenty of great wrestling took place here. Plenty of bad wrestling took place. Not many good stories. Many bad stories. But many bad stories were meme bad. Tito Ortiz!!! Still one of my favorite wrestling segments of all time. Sure, it wasted a good portion of AJ and Joe's careers but I feel better that they are killing it now. Plus it has provided a place off and on for Low Ki over the years as he has set fire to every bridge possible. Possibly the TNA one more than most yet they kept bringing him back. Was lovely.

Where would Sting be without TNA? Truly. HOF in every sense except the WON and that's what matters.

I still don't know the answer to the question. WAS TNA THE WORST?! Plenty of great wrestling took place here. Plenty of bad wrestling took place.

As I'm still going through it (reaching end of 2007), this is what should be emphazised. Shitload of good to legit great stuff has gone under the radar because "oh, it's TNA", which is ridiculous. If you look at the amount of shitty wrestling and storylines going on in the WWE during the same time, I'm not sure the ratio would be that much different, honestly.

I agree that TNA had a bunch of great moments in the early years, but things really, REALLY, fall off a cliff after 2007. I mean 2007 wasn't spectacular but the subsequent years from what I remember are at times as bad as it gets for a national promotion. Where the "Oh, it's TNA" attitude really comes from is the 2008 to 2011 or so period

Where the "Oh, it's TNA" attitude really comes from is the 2008 to 2011 or so period

Ouch. Maybe it's best for me to take a break after that Bound for Glory 07 show then. (although I recon the Knockouts glory years came just afterward that point and I'm interested in this)

I STILL think there are pockets of fun stuff in there worth watching. Especially with MCMG. Granted if you think they are the pits that'll be a tough sell.

Nope, I enjoy them a lot. I actually think this is a case of the whole being better than the sum of the parts (although I really like Shelley).