Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

31 minutes ago, Stiva said:

I would absolutely wear the Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match shirt but importing their shirts to the UK seems like a headache 

I have, and it's awesome to see the reactions of people who know what it means as well as the reactions to those who don''t.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

I think he's been shown holding a drink a few times, but it's not being played up like it was previously.

Watched YouTube video's of the epic storyline with The Elite, and it never seemed they were doing the functioning alcoholic/showing up in no condition to perform angle with him.  

It seemed more trying to conform to their lifestyle than “give up booze, be a better person/performer” angle that I can see being put on a main event level babyface.  

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Probably best to downplay that aspect of him after Moxley had to go to rehab.

Oh, I didn’t mean have him do Sandman/Austin style beer bashes every time on TV, my question was more about the whole “is he an alcoholic” part of the angle where teaming with Dark Order allowed him to be himself, not “fit in” with what the Bucks and Omega wanted him to be.  More Cowboy Shit, less Elite Shit.

He also presumably has access to Google? I will admit that for me the song didn't 100% register immediately, but a quick check of Cagematch shows "oh, yeah, that's his ROH theme song" and you could then easily connect the dots to the rest of how he has was dressed. (If this guy has literally never seen a pre-WWE Punk match and writes for the Observer, he probably shouldn't.)

4 minutes ago, Childs said:

This is such a stupid tempest in teapot. For those of us who understood the gesture, it was neat. For everyone else, he'll come out to "Cult of Personality" again on Wednesday. There, settled.  

It played after he won even!

It still is a harmless question to ask IMO. Punk left ROH in 2005 and judging by what the guy said, he did watch pre-WWE matches, but never paid attention to entrance themes or anything. I don't think it's reasonable to give a catty response or say he lacks a brain over something like that.

If Sting came out to Turbo Charged or even The Man Called Sting, people would be just as puzzled. 

The year is 1991. Sgt. Slaughter enters the LA Coliseum to “Real American.” Hogan enters with white trunks, an atomic bomb shaved in his chest hair and Freddie Blassie by his side. I’m visibly confused. “You don’t understand wrestling,” 100,000 fans scream to me in unison. 

57 minutes ago, Al said:

The year is 1991. Sgt. Slaughter enters the LA Coliseum to “Real American.” Hogan enters with white trunks, an atomic bomb shaved in his chest hair and Freddie Blassie by his side. I’m visibly confused. “You don’t understand wrestling,” 100,000 fans scream to me in unison. 

I agree with the sentiments that Punk and his Twitter Twat followers are being a bit much, but to be fair, you’d have to be super niche of a wrestling historian, or been watching WWWF/WWF since literally 1980 to have gotten the idea that Hogan did anything even pre-AWA, never mind beating Iron Sheik for the title back in January of 1984!

BTW, I’m now envisioning an alternate 1987 where as part of the build Hogan threatens to show video evidence that Andre could be slammed and conquered (Hogan slamming Andre during their Shea match), with Bobby trying desperately to stop the footage from being shown, yet telling everyone that Hogan never did pin Andre though!