Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

An ongoing issue to me, and one present in the opener tonight, is wayyy too many kickouts after super high impact moves. Really hope they reign that in, but I guess that’s just part of modern wrestling.

Separately...how will the PPVs work? Are they on Saturday nights? Are they $50-60 on cable tv? Presumably there is a streaming option, but same price?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Separately...how will the PPVs work? Are they on Saturday nights? Are they $50-60 on cable tv? Presumably there is a streaming option, but same price?

They will be on Saturdays, not sure what the cable price is. Bleacher Report is the streaming option.

Anyone know how many tix were made available for Full Gear? Sounds like it's getting close to a sellout. I just realized a few minutes ago that it's being held at what was formally the Baltimore Arena. That's cool, I didnt even know that building still existed. Lots of big wrestling moments happened there over the years 

Priceless.

Matt : "What are the guys watching us now are gonna do when they become wrestlers ?"

Chuck : "It's gonna be : lock up, 630. And were going to be the old guys like, I can believe they're doing too much."

The last story is gold too BTW.

Did I mention I love this format ? I think I did.

I never got into the BTE web series, but I have really been enjoying Wrestlers on the Road Getting Room Service. I like the hangout vibe and the various stories from the indie day. I end up liking everyone in them a little more each time. I like how open Matthew Youngbuck and Nicholas Youngbuck (a/k/a The Jacksons) are about what obliviously insufferable nincompoops they were, starting out. I like how nobody seems to be too self-serious and everyone seems to enjoy a laugh at their own expense. I like how everyone seems to genuinely love wrestling, and being a wrestler.  I've seen the one you just posted, Janela, Hangman Page, and SCU. Is that all of them?

37 minutes ago, gordi said:

I've seen the one you just posted, Janela, Hangman Page, and SCU. Is that all of them?

On the previous page I had posted the one with Masa & Joey Ryan, and it's a really cool edition too (where they spend like 10 minutes putting over Candice LeRae, Ryan's ex partner, who's working NXT now).For anyone who doesn't like Joey Ryan, it could be an eye opener to how much this guy actually thinks about his stuff (not his stuff, well, his stuff is actually a good chunk of his stuff but I mean his stuff in a more general sense), and he comes off like a really cool guy and another one who just loves pro-wrestling.

AEW press release:

AEW Brings in Three Judges for the World Championship Title Match at "FULL GEAR" PPV Event on Saturday, Nov. 9

-- Panel of Esteemed Judges Could Decide Fate of Chris Jericho vs. Cody at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore --

BALTIMORE, (October 29, 2019) - AEW today announced a new tiebreaker stipulation for its World Championship title match featuring defending champion Chris Jericho taking on "The American Nightmare" Cody at the FULL GEAR pay-per-view event in Baltimore on Saturday, Nov. 9.

In the event there is no winner at the end of the 60-minute time limit, a panel of three esteemed judges, who will be seated at ringside, must vote for a winner. In the event there is not a unanimous choice, the majority decision will be the winner. This will ensure that a draw will not be the outcome of this World Championship title match.

Yeah, no! This is not a match that needs to go 60 minutes or anywhere near that.

I don't necessarily think it might go down to the wire. They might go the way the NWA did with Wrestlewar 89 for the final Steamboat vs Flair match when one of the judges, Terry Funk, attacked the new champ Ric Flair afterwards. Depending on who are those judges, we could be in for some interesting developments post-Full Gear.

1 minute ago, Migs said:

I think they're just leaning into the Crockett thing for Baltimore. Starrcast has a crazy deep lineup of JCP guys. They might bust out the actual Jim Crockett for this.

Isn't Jimmy doing an interview for Starrcast? I seem to recall seeing something being promoted as his first wrestling appearance in years.

One of the positives about AEW so far that people have been putting over is that they seem to listen to criticism from their fans & make changes accordingly. Pretty much the opposite of what WWE does. One of the big button issues lately has been that the matches have been going too long, even to the detriment of the talent, like Adam Page at Fyter Fest. So I can't imagine that they would implement this change to the match & then do a 60 minute draw. That would be too tone deaf for AEW IMO.