All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Kenny was asked about an AEW video game and he replied the company gives the fans what they want, and they are asking for something in particular (referring to the AKI engine from N64 era WWF games like No Mercy) that is going to take time to get worked out.  If they pull that off it'll get a bigger pop from me than anything that will happen at the PPV (and I'm really looking forward to the show). 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Alucard said:

They announced the "TNT Championship" as their 2nd singles title. 8 man tournament begins next week with the final scheduled for Double or Nothing. Participants to be announced over the next 2 nights. 

WWE doesn’t own a copyright to “Television Title” right?

So, what happens if/when they leave?  It gets rebranded?  

What if they get a second TV partner that isn’t under the same umbrella as TNT?  Do they only show the matches for it on TNT?  Hell, ditto if it is the same corporate umbrella (TBS for example)?

2 hours ago, Laz said:

As long as it's not Omega/Cody/Archer I'll be fine with it. Hoping for a Darby win because that man is money waiting to be printed. 

Omega or Cody is exactly who should win. The title needs to be established. 

The WWE has screwed up the secondary titles with 20+ years of terrible booking. The Intercontinental Championship used to be only on #2 face or #2 heel none of these midcard nobodies with 50/50 booking. Cody should win because he actually feels like a star. 

I say this as someone who loves Darby Allin. His time will come. Bret Hart was not pushed for 6 years, but was protected. The problem is all these start-stop pushes. Darby doesnt need a stupid start/stop push. 

Titles aren't made by who holds them first, they're made by what the champion does with them. My biggest problem with Cody being the first champ is that it would be expected, my issues with Archer/Omega is that I'm still waiting for a match featuring either that I'd actually want to watch. AEW has been 2 steps forward and 3 steps back since the word go, IMO, in terms of booking and overall delivery. The initial titleholder of a brand new belt, one likely to be defended weekly? It shouldn't be somebody who we already see take up 1/4 of the show and have since October.

17 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

Omega or Cody is exactly who should win. The title needs to be established. 

The WWE has screwed up the secondary titles with 20+ years of terrible booking. The Intercontinental Championship used to be only on #2 face or #2 heel none of these midcard nobodies with 50/50 booking. Cody should win because he actually feels like a star. 

I say this as someone who loves Darby Allin. His time will come. Bret Hart was not pushed for 6 years, but was protected. The problem is all these start-stop pushes. Darby doesnt need a stupid start/stop push. 

Completely agreed with this. 

I wouldn't put the title on Omega because he has a title right now and I am guessing there are plans to introduce a 6-man title, but someone like Cody is a perfect fit. Him being on TV every week and really getting over the importance of the TNT title and how much it means to him is the best way to establish this title imo. Darby can be the guy who beats Cody to take the belt off him, finally getting a win over Cody after two attempts. That would mean more for the title and for Darby's career imo. 

That's why I'm hoping MJF gets it first and we use his title win as a way to prolong the feud with Cody into the summer. He's a surefire star for them, and the biggest obstacle he's currently facing is that he isn't featured enough. The bulk of their program so far has been Cody cutting promos and the occasional MJF focus, but again: Cody's on every week, and often takes up a quarter of the show. 

I've heard people make the case that having Cody win would undermine his "never get a title shot again" stip, but  I agree that it needs to be someone on that level to win it and that it would add some stakes to the MJF feud as well. 

On 3/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, SteveJRogers said:

WWE doesn’t own a copyright to “Television Title” right?

So, what happens if/when they leave?  It gets rebranded?  

What if they get a second TV partner that isn’t under the same umbrella as TNT?  Do they only show the matches for it on TNT?  Hell, ditto if it is the same corporate umbrella (TBS for example)?

As much as I dislike the name and think it's shortsighted for all the reasons you mentioned, they don't necessarily need the channel to continue with the title.

Dynamite and TNT go together as names, so it still works. 

Cody will and should be the first champion. Predictable? Yes. But sometimes that's fine. 

I am genuinely, legitimately excited at the idea that, in 90 or so days, we might get a return to live shows in front of hot crowds featuring The Revival vs The Young Bucks or the Lucha Brothers... I'm enjoying that feeling of looking forward to something that just might happen and if it does happen it just might be really really good.

The Revival would tear their hair out in AEW if they (well one of them) weren't bald. They'll be having weekly talks with their opppnents about how tag team wrestling works. Then imagine the Lucha Bros just ignoring them to get their shit in. Hmm actually, yeah I look forward to all of that.

I like the idea of getting Tully Blanchard away from Spears to pair him with The Revival if they are coming in. Revival feuding with the Rhodes brothers eventually, with Tully and Arn in respective corners, feels like a dynamic with a lot of potential for different directions they could go. 

10 hours ago, Loss said:

I like the idea of getting Tully Blanchard away from Spears to pair him with The Revival if they are coming in. Revival feuding with the Rhodes brothers eventually, with Tully and Arn in respective corners, feels like a dynamic with a lot of potential for different directions they could go. 

I think it works to either add the Revival to Tully's stable, or have him turn on Spears (who's obviously a pretty solid mid card babyface). And sign me up for the Revival against the Rhodes Brothers.

It seems like AEW really wants Spears to catch on as something bigger. I'll never say never, but it doesn't seem likely. Plus, I don't think he and Tully have any real chemistry. I saw them do a promo recently where Tully was trying to contribute and Spears kept stepping on him, almost like he doesn't even like having him there. Seems to make more sense to put Tully in an act where he could be a difference maker.