Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

I think a good angle might be if they kicked Brodie Lee out of the Dark Order and made one of their other members the new exalted one. Maybe have a feud between Brodie and somebody else over leadership of the Dark Order. And then the DO could start being winning a lot more.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Even after watching Kenny and Don's interview last night, I continue to be puzzled over how this is a screwjob. No problem with a belt collector angle, but if they aren't affiliated or aligning themselves with Impact (or anyone else), it feels like something is missing in the execution. I can't recall if Callis had been on any previous episode of Dynamite (I feel like he was once?), but I'm still scratching my head over the melodrama surrounding him tossing Omega a microphone and the two of them running out of the arena. I get, in kayfabe, that AEW wouldn't want them to appear on a competitor's show, but why spring out of the arena with the announcers screaming about how this is bullshit? It was no more bs than any other match with interference (crying over the gentleman's agreement, or whatever, that Omega and Moxley had is a bit much). And hasn't Omega been acknowledged on-air as an AEW executive? I'm blanking on how this is part of any master plan.

I worry this reads like a teen on twitter/youtube/reddit complaining about kayfabe machinations, but I'm really just trying to get my arms around the story they're attempting to tell.

Don has been Omega's friend for 27 years. Callis sneaked his way on AEW's announcer's desk once for Omega's big match at the PPV and everyone was all respectful and happy, so they invite him again to announce Omega's title shot. Omega told to Mox it was gonna be a clean match. In the end Omega lied and cheated with Callis' help. They fly away without celebrating with the rest of the Elite. They show up with the belt (ahhhh, the old WWF/WCW stuff) on Callis' promotion's TV show, so Omega winning the AEW title profits... to IMPACT. Like... What's not to understand ?

33 minutes ago, El-P said:

Don has been Omega's friend for 27 years. Callis sneaked his way on AEW's announcer's desk once for Omega's big match at the PPV and everyone was all respectful and happy, so they invite him again to announce Omega's title shot. Omega told to Mox it was gonna be a clean match. In the end Omega lied and cheated with Callis' help. They fly away without celebrating with the rest of the Elite. They show up with the belt (ahhhh, the old WWF/WCW stuff) on Callis' promotion's TV show, so Omega winning the AEW title profits... to IMPACT. Like... What's not to understand ?

And the promo last night was great.

• 2 weeks later...

BTE Xmas episode was just glorious from the beginning to the end, from the Young Bucks popping for each of Kazarian's line on Dynamites to said Kaz meeting the ghosts of Xmas's past, present and future (of course) to the awesome Dark Order musical (funny as hell that Stu can't sing for shit and then Anna is even worse !). And really, when you think about what the Dark Order gimmick was last year and what it is today, it's amazing what they have done with it. It's literally the unit you'd want to be included in now. Anna Jay pretty much every week having to bite her lips at some point to not burst out laughing makes it even better.

• 1 month later...

I don't see what's the issue with her. I really don't. She seems really charismatic. As a worker, this match was pretty good, nothing special but still much better than some girl on weekly US TV for sure.

BTW, it was cool to see Aja kick someone in the gut again. She is kinda immobile, but she can still throw a mean kick and drop that elbow.

9 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The best part of the tournament so far has been all the Itoh stans seething because their waifu got bounced in the first round.

It feels like AEW obviously likes her, but her stuff is going to work way better with a crowd and it's not like waiting six months to bring her over will kill her career.

Conti/Rose was alright, some disjointed parts but alright nonetheless. Yuka/Emi was a banger, I see why Sakura gets the reputation as a trainer as she does and Sakazaki was great as usual. I love me some Aja Kong but it's time for her to hang 'em up, she can barely do anything. With the changes due to Anna Jay nothing was left in doubt about Britt winning but they a good job keeping the program with Thunder Rosa going.