Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Ryan Satin made some kind of offhand comment about how Randy to AEW would be their "Hall shows up on Nitro" moment and all the cut n' paste sites went all "ORTON TO AEW? IT COULD HAPPEN" when no one said any such thing. 

That has been basically everything Twitter wise concerning this company.  I mean one site is trying to hype that Mickie James is signing with them because she was caught hugging the Young Bucks at an airport.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Laz said:

Half of Havoc's appeal is that he's a fairly laid back pub crawler who happens to be super violent.

Damn. To me he looks like a cosplayer with no budget nor flair for aesthetics doing comedy garbage spots like the godawful paper cuts. Maybe that's the other half.

8 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I dont mind Jimmy Havoc, but I would fire his ass just based on the weakness of that comeback. If that's the best he could come up with for the written word, I am cringing at what the fuck he is going to say the first time he gets lost or stumbles during a promo.

The Bill Watts of social media.

With Havoc you really need to see his epic heel run from the early days of Progress. Almost pulling a Reservoir Dogs on Will Ospreay, telling a screaming fan that he'll cut his throat in the parking lot...yeah, kinda one of those guys you'll underestimate and then see some moments of pure brilliance in. Surprisingly subtle, too.

10 hours ago, Laz said:

Half of Havoc's appeal is that he's a fairly laid back pub crawler who happens to be super violent.

Must've had a rough night at the pub before composing that tweet. 

I'm with @clintthecrippler - I'd fire his ass on the spot after this. 

13 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I dont mind Jimmy Havoc, but I would fire his ass just based on the weakness of that comeback. If that's the best he could come up with for the written word, I am cringing at what the fuck he is going to say the first time he gets lost or stumbles during a promo.

If the contract hasn't officially been signed yet, I'd renege on the whole deal if I were AEW. My God, not only does Havoc come across as the world's oldest (and dumbest) 5th grader with that tweet, he also makes AEW look incompetent for touting him as a big signing.  

I get wanting to lash back at idiot fans on Twitter - that's fine - but the wrestler should always look like he's above the fan.

In this case, the fan - who sounds pretty stupid himself - somehow comes out looking like the less worse of the two. 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:00 PM, FMKK said:

Lol, for some reason Randy Orton to AEW is a big rumour online at the minute. That would be hilarious and I guess pretty interesting.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, El-P said:

That reminds me Yokozuna is gonna be joining WCW as part of the nWo.

Nope Sean Ross Sapp reported it and he's a respectable reporter

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm willing to admit I'm missing something, but Jimmy Havoc seems like the typical "deathmatch guy trying to make his way in a world where deathmatch style is no longer en vogue".

Nah you are correct. Knows how his marks when it comes to his entrance and executing angles in fairness to him but nothing to write home about in ring wise. AEW being a TV product I don't think his matches would hold a quarter hour ratings wise.

Sean Ross Sapp reported that Orton is "willing to talk to" AEW, which is quite a bit different than assuming a jump is imminent or even a possibility. Any WWE star who's due for an extension would be stupid not to leverage AEW for all they can, and Orton's no exception. I don't see any real chance of him leaving. He'll get either the raise or schedule reduction that he doubtless wants, or both.

50 minutes ago, rovert said:

Nah you are correct. Knows how his marks when it comes to his entrance and executing angles in fairness to him but nothing to write home about in ring wise. AEW being a TV product I don't think his matches would hold a quarter hour ratings wise.

Havoc is fine as a character guy, but he consistently disappoints in the ring - at least in what I've seen, which is mostly for MLW - which is probably a good comparison to the constraints he'll have with AEW as a TV product. When he can't take the violence up, he can sort of do a bit of chain wrestling, but he's not very interesting at that. Even his violent spots tend to be an escalated version of '90s hardcore silliness (the paper cuts). 

7 hours ago, Laz said:

With Havoc you really need to see his epic heel run from the early days of Progress. Almost pulling a Reservoir Dogs on Will Ospreay, telling a screaming fan that he'll cut his throat in the parking lot...yeah, kinda one of those guys you'll underestimate and then see some moments of pure brilliance in. Surprisingly subtle, too.

Such incredible nuance. Such subtlety.

:D

There goes the main event for my local promotion's show on the same date. They had booked their biggest venue ever specifically because they had booked the Lucha Bros for that event (like announced 6 months in advance) but I was honestly expecting that. Still, Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks will make for a solid co-main event on that card.

16 hours ago, FMKK said:

They just announced collaboration with AAA, which implies no work with New Japan in the near future.

I don't see the AAA collaboration as an indicator of future work with New Japan. TNA had a relationship with AAA and New Japan at the same time IIRC. And didn't AAA and CMLL showed unprecedented levels of cooperation last year? Not to say everything is peaceful between those two companies but I don't see the AEW-AAA thing being a deal breaker for New Japan.

At the end of the day it all depends on how long the NJ-ROH relationship lasts.

13 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I don't see the AAA collaboration as an indicator of future work with New Japan. TNA had a relationship with AAA and New Japan at the same time IIRC. And didn't AAA and CMLL showed unprecedented levels of cooperation last year? Not to say everything is peaceful between those two companies but I don't see the AEW-AAA thing being a deal breaker for New Japan.

At the end of the day it all depends on how long the NJ-ROH relationship lasts.

New Japan is loyal to CMLL (and historically nobody else). They have refused to work with other companies in the past with far looser AAA connections than AEW's seem to be.

2 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

New Japan is loyal to CMLL (and historically nobody else). They have refused to work with other companies in the past with far looser AAA connections than AEW's seem to be.

Again, it didn't seem to bother New Japan when TNA worked with AAA. And AEW having Omega makes them waaay more important to NJ than TNA was at the time.

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic