All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Wrestling Twitter" is 99,99% bullshit (well, Twitter is 99,99% bullshit). Why even bother ?

They are all under contract until January next year. Who knows what's happening until then. Of course there's always a possibility of anyone switching companies. They are still good friends with Cody too. Of course they could jump. Or not jump. 

(my best guess is random NPC making shit up because of CM Punk's latest cryptic Instagram stuff, relayed by clickbait sites)

In other news, ROH "TV" begins March 2, one year after the purchase.

I think some people with not enough to do with their free time are listening to Dave making multiple comment about Tony "needing to make a decision" about Punk in the sense it wasn't the done deal everyone seemed to think that he was gone, and assuming that means the Elite is gonna bolt. 

As mentioned before, I don't see Kenny ever wanting to go to WWE. I suppose he would get more creative freedom under Hunter than Vince, but I get the impression anything short of "do whatever you want" will make him happy.

On the other hand, I could easily see the Bucks doing a "get a stupidly big WWE deal before you call it a career" at some point. 

So apparently per Fightful, Thunder Rosa apologised to Britt and everyone in the women's division to clear things for her comeback. Would be interesting to know more details on this. Did the women demand that an apology be made? Cuz this sets a precedent for what Punk has to do to come back, and I absolutely do not see him making apologies to the locker room, that is just not who he is or has ever been. 

I don’t think Punk is coming back. The dude got two major injuries last year, there’s simply no reason to put the machinery of the company behind any story featuring him if you can’t trust that he’s gonna be able to see it out. Also, the fight is a broken fence that can be mended (assuming Tony is smart enough to see Jericho as doing self-aggrandizement in denigrating Punk), but you’ll never get the audience to see him the same way again. WWE could get something out of Punk, nobody over there gives a shit that he trashed the company they do not see as a serious competitor in the first place, but he’ll have Cody Rhodes go away heat with a considerable chunk of the AEW faithful.

13 hours ago, MoS said:

So apparently per Fightful, Thunder Rosa apologised to Britt and everyone in the women's division to clear things for her comeback. Would be interesting to know more details on this. Did the women demand that an apology be made? Cuz this sets a precedent for what Punk has to do to come back, and I absolutely do not see him making apologies to the locker room, that is just not who he is or has ever been. 

Punk is much bigger star than Thunder Rosa. And Pro Wrestling is a star business.

The criticisms of Thunder Rosa were valid and well founded. But only reached interpersonal, women's locker room levels. 

CM Punk jeopardised the company and made Tony look like a fool publicly.

2 hours ago, rovert said:

Punk is much bigger star than Thunder Rosa. And Pro Wrestling is a star business.

The criticisms of Thunder Rosa were valid and well founded. But only reached interpersonal, women's locker room levels. 

CM Punk jeopardised the company and made Tony look like a fool publicly.

He didn’t “jeopardize the company”. I don’t care what you have heard from any anonymous source or any dirt sheet reporting same; get real. If he *did*, AEW is not long for this world. He made Tony look bad, definitely, but Tony is the guy who marches his people in front of the press without a script and minimal experience in dealing with wrestler egos, not to mention his obviously poor media training.

4 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

He didn’t “jeopardize the company”. I don’t care what you have heard from any anonymous source or any dirt sheet reporting same; get real. If he *did*, AEW is not long for this world. He made Tony look bad, definitely, but Tony is the guy who marches his people in front of the press without a script and minimal experience in dealing with wrestler egos, not to mention his obviously poor media training.

"AEW is not long for this world."

Is this Twitter? 

Citation needed.

15 minutes ago, rovert said:

"AEW is not long for this world."

Is this Twitter? 

Citation needed.

You misread me. I said that *if* Punk saying the EVPs suck at managing and that Adam Page is an unaccomplished airhead “jeopardized the company”, then AEW is not long for this world. But AEW is fine, and was fine, so it didn’t. Punk was pissed at a persistent rumor that had been dogging him in the locker room (that Tony seemingly had not addressed in any substantial way), and hurt, and he let’er rip in public. It might have ruined his relationship with the owner and terminally alienated the least interesting camps of the locker room, that remains to be seen, but if the company was any kind of healthy, it was always going to be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

You misread me. I said that *if* Punk saying the EVPs suck at managing and that Adam Page is an unaccomplished airhead “jeopardized the company”, then AEW is not long for this world. But AEW is fine, and was fine, so it didn’t. Punk was pissed at a persistent rumor that had been dogging him in the locker room (that Tony seemingly had not addressed in any substantial way), and hurt, and he let’er rip in public. It might have ruined his relationship with the owner and terminally alienated the least interesting camps of the locker room, that remains to be seen, but if the company was any kind of healthy, it was always going to be fine. 

Link to the Hangman Page statement (video - it exist) to prove you've ever heard it in context please?

The most covered story of the last decade probably and you are still confused and stuck in September. 

10 hours ago, rovert said:

Link to the Hangman Page statement (video - it exist) to prove you've ever heard it in context please?

The most covered story of the last decade probably and you are still confused and stuck in September. 

Again, you misread me. I didn’t say The Elite and Page were the ones that leaked it to the dirtsheets. I don’t trust Meltzer or Sapp a lick, but it’s totally possible that they’re telling the truth that the Elite and Page had nothing to do with their reporting. But it’s entirely possible that they had something to do with the story starting or spreading, encouraged somebody to talk to the dirt sheets about it, or that they failed to stop its spread when they were in a position of authority and/or influence to do so, since it made them look good vis a vis this interloper. This is stuff it’s frankly impossible for anybody not in that locker room to actually know, no matter what they hear from those in it. Punk is actually *in* that locker room, which is something neither of us can actually say, and he had the interpretation of events that he had. Moreover, even if his perception was *totally* invalid, if the Elite camp had absolutely nothing to do with the rumor and were doing their jobs as EVPs in good faith and attempted to squash it when they heard it, misperceptions happen all the time in life. It fucking sucks that this one blew up so publicly, and Punk certainly needs to take ownership of that, but I frankly don’t respect anybody who can’t put that behind them for the good of the company. I’m not religious, but I can recognize that there’s a reason why grace and forgiveness are emphasized in many religions: humans are assholes and hold grudges even when it’s socially corrosive for them to do so. (For what it’s worth, I recognize that Punk is the grudge holdingest dude involved in all this, and that his unwillingness to mend fences and own up to his shitty behavior may be as or more limiting than the Elite or Jericho or whoever.)

The only person who I think has a valid reason to want to keep Punk out is Tony Khan, who has an unimpeachable right to decide that he can’t trust Glass Phil to either hold up in the ring or to be given a live mic on live television. But all the “he’s so toxic” bullshit, when we have like ten people on record saying that Punk was incredibly generous with his time and attention - especially with the women’s division and with younger talent like Starks, Hobbes, and Darby - just doesn’t fly with me. It’s just backstage politicking bullshit, a tale as old as time.

• 3 weeks later...

After listening to TK in the media scrum about how he books AEW and ROH, it confirmed a lot of what everyone has said about him for a long time. It seems the vast majority of what holds a feud together depends mostly on the wrestlers involved coming up with stuff and TK is mostly concerned about who he pairs up with who (how that might work for ratings/buys) and then letting shit sink or swim, didn't sound like he worries much about the hows and whys of an angle.

Considering he's never getting booking help, I'm just gonna wait for cards to be announced before every show to see if I watch or not because expecting compelling TV that goes beyond matches will never happen in AEW (unless some wrestler(s) discovers a way to it by themselves).

On 3/6/2023 at 3:52 PM, Jmare007 said:

After listening to TK in the media scrum about how he books AEW and ROH, it confirmed a lot of what everyone has said about him for a long time. It seems the vast majority of what holds a feud together depends mostly on the wrestlers involved coming up with stuff and TK is mostly concerned about who he pairs up with who (how that might work for ratings/buys) and then letting shit sink or swim, didn't sound like he worries much about the hows and whys of an angle.

Completely not the case. He's very hands on. He's producing matches in the ring on his knees and hands regularly.