Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

They're sending back a meal from a three-star Michelin chef before it's even reached the table, when the chef should've earned their faith by now. 

It's the letters to Santa griping they didn't get what they wanted.

It's the lack of acceptance. Not just of this match, but of Bryan's AEW and career wishes and choices.

Tony Nese isn't responsible for a person's expectations, nor the shattering of dreams. A person's expectations and dreams, that's on themselves. DB didn't share people's dreams - what's he meant to do? Change his dreams to match ours? Or do we accept and embrace Bryan's vision, given he's earned our trust? Seems we want Bryan to change his desires to match ours...

That's the bit that's difficult to believe. Everyone knows D-Bry is going to do things his way, have known for some time, and each time the song from the choir remains the same.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm expecting Bryan/Nese to be a 2 minute squash type, with an MJF angle since they're advertising MJF as being "contractually obligated to appear." Most Dynamites are 5 matches, this one has 6 and the last several to have 6 always had one match being 2 minutes or often less. Considering this card has 2 title matches, Starks/Jericho, a women's tag, and AR Fox/Swerve referencing their history

7 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

They're sending back a meal from a three-star Michelin chef before it's even reached the table, when the chef should've earned their faith by now. 

It's the letters to Santa griping they didn't get what they wanted.

It's the lack of acceptance. Not just of this match, but of Bryan's AEW and career wishes and choices.

Tony Nese isn't responsible for a person's expectations, nor the shattering of dreams. A person's expectations and dreams, that's on themselves. DB didn't share people's dreams - what's he meant to do? Change his dreams to match ours? Or do we accept and embrace Bryan's vision, given he's earned our trust? Seems we want Bryan to change his desires to match ours...

That's the bit that's difficult to believe. Everyone knows D-Bry is going to do things his way, have known for some time, and each time the song from the choir remains the same.

Bryan has earned my faith that he can wrestle a “good match”, but I think he’s stuck in an early 2000s mindset where he’s just interested in how far he can push that, conceptually. The market is glutted with “good matches”, what’s at a premium these days are matches that either have real stakes or that are between genuine stars. Not everyone can successfully do the latter two, but Danielson can.

Just now, strobogo said:

I think I'm actually more interested in Bryan doing random 15 minute matches with no stakes against guys he's never worked because the random talent he can work with in AEW is truly wild. 

Which is why the All Atlantic title is the prefect compromise.

I would be interested in seeing what Bryan Danielson could do with Luchasaurus, W. Morrissey, or Powerhouse Hobbs, I guess. I like him a lot more in the underdog, David role against a Goliath. He's also really good at getting the best out of someone, even if they're pretty green or not very good.

We already know what Bryan can do with Morrissey. The answer: not much. I'm actually not that big a fan of Danielson as a babyface against bigger guys. As a general rule, I think technicians work best as heels against powerhouses. I have a theory about the RPS of wrestling styles that's been rattling around in my head for a while now. Maybe I'll share it today.

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

I'm expecting Bryan/Nese to be a 2 minute squash type, with an MJF angle since they're advertising MJF as being "contractually obligated to appear." Most Dynamites are 5 matches, this one has 6 and the last several to have 6 always had one match being 2 minutes or often less. Considering this card has 2 title matches, Starks/Jericho, a women's tag, and AR Fox/Swerve referencing their history

I mean, isn't that what's going on with Bryan? He's going out and having good matches week in and week out against undercard guys while MJF refuses to wrestle and mocks him. 

I think we have already seen Bryan wrestle against average or "just good" wrestlers for too many years, the exciting part of him not being in the WWE anymore is that he gets to wrestle the Okadas of the world.

I think people are overreacting with the idea that Bryan only wants to wrestle and help younger talent. For every interview where he says that, there are five more where he says that what he likes the most is to wrestle in apuestas and world title matches and flirts with potential bouts with Okada, Shibata, Omega, Ospreay, CM Punk...

14 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Fuck Bryan's career wishes and choices.

If I'm Tony Khan (and I'm not), they are irrelevant to me. If I'm @C.S. (and I am), they are irrelevant to me.

What should matter to TK is making a shit ton of money with Bryan as a top act, instead of cooling him down to fucking igloo levels over the past year and a half. What does matter to the fans, myself included, is seeing one of our favorite wrestlers in matches and scenarios we care about. Tony Nese is not and never will be that.

And yes, I realize Nese is not to blame - nor am I actually blaming him. Of course not! But this is part of a much bigger pattern and problem with how Bryan has been used.

I want to see Bryan vs Darby

Bryan vs OC

Bryan vs Joey Samoey in 2023

Bryan vs Hook

Bryan vs Penta

Bryan vs Fenix

Bryan vs Bandido 

Bryan vs The Butcher

Bryan vs Brody King

Bryan vs both Martin bois

Bryan vs Jeff Jarrett

Bryan vs Jungle Boy

Bryan vs Keith Lee

Bryan vs Swerve

Bryan vs Takeshita

Bryan vs Hobbs

Bryan vs Ricky 

Bryan vs Rush

Bryan vs Sting

Bryan vs Jade

52 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I want to see

Spoiler

Bryan vs Darby

Bryan vs OC

Bryan vs Joey Samoey in 2023

Bryan vs Hook

Bryan vs Penta

Bryan vs Fenix

Bryan vs Bandido 

Bryan vs The Butcher

Bryan vs Brody King

Bryan vs both Martin bois

Bryan vs Jeff Jarrett

Bryan vs Jungle Boy

Bryan vs Keith Lee

Bryan vs Swerve

Bryan vs Takeshita

Bryan vs Hobbs

Bryan vs Ricky 

Bryan vs Rush

Bryan vs Sting

Bryan vs Jade

Me too. All of those are infinitely more interesting than Bryan vs. Nese.

6 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I mean, isn't that what's going on with Bryan? He's going out and having good matches week in and week out against undercard guys while MJF refuses to wrestle and mocks him. 

Not weekly, Bryan vs Ethan last week was his only match in December.

Rather than traditional Good match vs Undercarder type, I was expecting this to be more of a squash which he didn't do any of in the past year (vs Matt Menard in September was his only singles match that went under 10 minutes last year and even that was semi-competitive)

22 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Isn't a three-star Michelin chef cooking with something more than bland ingredients? If I just give him rice, water and salt, how good can the end product be?