Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

11 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Gotta say, the fact that every promotion has been scrambling to get their titles of FTR all at once at a minimum suggests that FTR is playing hardball with Tony Khan, whatever Dax is saying on his podcast. I guess it could just be booking happenstance, but I’m skeptical.

Could also explain why Khan was willing to let them lose to Dragon Lee, even when he knew he was going to WWE.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/4/2023 at 9:46 AM, NintendoLogic said:

So rich people making charitable contributions is only acceptable if it's done for purely selfless reasons?

Remember your "I thought you might be a troll" comment the other day? That's how I feel about Dav'oh, 'cause there ain't no fuckin' way. Reminds me of the people on Twitter that tried to say Damar's injury was due to getting vaccinated. Sometimes you just gotta ignore people, even when they play the "just asking questions" or "different opinion" cards.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Remember your "I thought you might be a troll" comment the other day? That's how I feel about Dav'oh, 'cause there ain't no fuckin' way. Reminds me of the people on Twitter that tried to say Damar's injury was due to getting vaccinated. Sometimes you just gotta ignore people, even when they play the "just asking questions" or "different opinion" cards.

I was accused of being a troll account for saying that I think Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal are excellent talents, among other reasons. It seems like everybody here has like three people they suspect are just trolls.

2 hours ago, Embrodak said:

I was accused of being a troll account for saying that I think Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal are excellent talents, among other reasons. It seems like everybody here has like three people they suspect are just trolls.

I don’t think you’re a troll at all. As far as I’m concerned you’re an authentic PWO Good Bubba (tm) but I think only @KawadaSmile  is allowed to officially make that designation. In fact, I might lose my official status just for trying to calling you that without authorization.:blink:

41 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I don’t think you’re a troll at all. As far as I’m concerned you’re an authentic PWO Good Bubba (tm) but I think only @KawadaSmile  is allowed to officially make that designation. In fact, I might lose my official status just for trying to calling you that without authorization.:blink:

You are all good bubbas in my book and I don't claim any ownership of the term. Far from it!

8 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Troll? No. Questionable judge of talent? Perhaps. :P 

12 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

He's right about Double J being dope as fuck tho

The world's best possible HHH, and that's not a compliment imo. Lots of good things about him, just absolutely not a top guy in any shape or form, no matter how much he tries. A midcarder through and through.

Personally, I have no interest in seeing him do his tired shtick for the 300000000th time in 2023. 

Who had that line about breaking 1000 guitars and never drawing a single dime? IIRC, he guy who said it wasn't a money draw himself, but ignoring the messenger, can't argue with the message.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Great line but it only works regarding drawing money to the company which he was working. In terms of making money for himself he just had a historical 2022 run working for every company under the sun and being in Flair's alleged last match.

Historical in comparison to his career, yeah. Just shows his career was never all that successful. 

Jeff Jarrett isn't leaving me anything in his will, so I don't give a shit about how much money he's making for himself. With that said, I've enjoyed him in AEW so far and I'm fine with him being featured on TV as long as he remains at the level he's currently positioned and doesn't carny his way to another world title run. By the way, I strongly suspect that licensing old TNA themes to AEW is Impact's largest (only?) source of revenue at the moment.

Tony Khan has to be frozen in a dab since yesterday. Vince retiring was the worst thing that ever happened to AEW, it removed the one true and inescapable raison d’etre for his company existing, and it was looking increasingly likely that both established and younger stars were going to trust Trips more than Tony to shepherd their livelihoods. Now? Who the fuck knows?

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The Jags will almost certainly have the lion's share of TK's attention if they go deep into the playoffs, which means the booking leading up to Revolution will likely be even more scatterbrained than usual.

“Sonjay, book the shows. Don’t put the TNT title on Jeff.”

I read an interesting clip from an interview with Konnan today. As full of crap as he is capable of being, there are times when I believe him. It’s pretty much a fact that he either works as a manager/booking agent/advisor for a lot of the Lucha guys who end up signing with companies in the U.S.

He was talking about Dragon Lee and his decision to sign with NXT over AEW. Konnan basically said that they looked at the talent in AEW and the talent in NXT/WWE and decided that he would stand out in NXT, whereas in AEW he’d probably just vanish into the ether and rarely end up on TV. Supposedly the reason for the fallout between Santana and Ortiz was the fact that they were never getting used. Santana wanted to leave and go elsewhere but Ortiz was content to collect a massive paycheque and appear on Dark or in a segment on Dynamite standing behind Jericho.

I have to wonder if the guys like Santana and Dragon Lee who don’t just want to get paid…they actually want to work, if people like that are going to start having second thoughts about AEW being the promised land when they see how massive and bloated the roster is, how it is always growing and never seems to shrink, if that will affect other people’s decision when it comes time to decide where to go.

Then again…Jeff Jarrett is supposedly on the brink of booking AEW house shows, ROH TV (such as it is) will be starting soon, and most importantly of all, now that Vince is back and all the uncertainty that entails, maybe AEW is still the safer call.

I just think it’s noteworthy that Dragon Lee chose NXT specifically because he wanted to stand out and not get lost in the massive crowd in AEW.

Dragon Lee in AEW in 2023 doesn't stand out. They have better workers than him in his own style (Fénix, Bandido), they have more charismatic workers of his culture (Penta, Bandido, Rush). Dragon Lee is awesome, but there's plenty of awesome workers in AEW that don't get the time. He absolutely made the right choice, although really him making it that far in even a Paul-led WWE is not that great because he can't cut a promo in English, unlike Fantasma. He's also a tiny fella.

The one thing also, is that he comes from a background that could be difficult in term of ego management. Thus fan Rush has played ball really well. But Dralistico already showed his ass (and he's far less talented). 

• 2 weeks later...