goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Steve T said:

How long until AEW starts their own streaming service? Is there any remaining footage for them to purchase to add hours?

They could do something like what Impact does, where they have the rights to a bunch of indy footage.

The post doesn't even make any sense, because the context of both pictures is completely different. One is clearly a casual group shot taken backstage during the show where they're all in their gear and gimmicks and the other is from a fucking press conference where they're all dressed up. 

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

The post doesn't even make any sense, because the context of both pictures is completely different. One is clearly a casual group shot taken backstage during the show where they're all in their gear and gimmicks and the other is from a fucking press conference where they're all dressed up. 

Pro wrestling press conference 

DwGmtTtWoAAvS1N.jpg

41 minutes ago, El-P said:

Don"t feed the troll. He's not even good at it nor consistent with his own gimmick. At least shodate was mildly entertaining for a while. 

I have legit never come across a wrestling fan with worse taste than you, you’re just so....boring

16 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I assume it will be 2 hours. I'd be stunned if they go 3 or even 1.

Three hours is a death sentence, and no one wants to watch a three hours straight episode a week anyway. 1 hour could work, honestly, but the last year of iMPACT showed that 2 hours is pretty much the perfect time to have a super solid TV show. 

I'm sure there is gonna be some special on the Network on on FS1 or 2 or something on October 2 though. You know it's gonna happen.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Three hours is a death sentence, and no one wants to watch a three hours straight episode a week anyway. 1 hour could work, honestly, but the last year of iMPACT showed that 2 hours is pretty much the perfect time to have a super solid TV show. 

I'm sure there is gonna be some special on the Network on on FS1 or 2 or something on October 2 though. You know it's gonna happen.

I've read that the plan is to put NXT on FS1 on Wednesdays. The move clearly being made to pull viewers from AEW.

The interesting part of that, to me, is that even with TNT being the bigger channel and NXT being the "developmental league," Vince won't be happy with just pulling viewers from AEW - he is so competitive that he'll want NXT to beat AEW in the ratings eventually. And that means only one thing...

Shane vs. Roman for the NXT Championship on the first ever NXT Reunion show. I for one can't wait for NXT Legends like Baron Corbin, Mojo Rawley, and the Ascension to show these young nobodies who the real stars are!

16 hours ago, Steve T said:

How long until AEW starts their own streaming service? Is there any remaining footage for them to purchase to add hours?

The obvious one is the Houston footage which was used from NWA On Demand, and is sitting unused with Billy Corgan. I also think they should make a deal with PWG, they have a pretty big back catalog with lots of Young Bucks matches                                 

Ok, as we move forward, all of the big shows will have their own topics (these will include PPVs and any free streaming shows on BR Live). A new topic should be created for each week of TV. If they keep BTE after tv starts, I'll probably create a BTE thread. This thread will either be locked or continue as a news thread. That's the tentative plan moving forward. I am hoping to have some free time where I can also reorganize the other wrestling folders. 

The goal right now is to run 100 to 120 live events per year, probably four PPVs, 51 television shows and many Saturday night house shows and on occasion more than one house show a week, but with the idea that in spreading the talent out, the top talent does maybe 75 matches, a number hopeful to keep their ability to work great matches high, since that’s probably more of a key goal is high match quality on top as compared with any other promotion

They better book small ass buildings for all those house shows that top talent wont be working in.

2 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

They better book small ass buildings for all those house shows that top talent wont be working in.

Nah, I'm sure they go New Japan style - you do a short tour with Cody/Bucks but no Omega, then Bucks/Omega no Cody, then Cody/Omega... you don't need all the top guys to sell a house show.

I honestly thought Marko Stunt was a 13-year-old boy when I first saw him at AEW Fyter Fest, and I'm still not quite sure what his role in AEW could or will be.

With that said, an indie nobody named Gunner Miller decided to take a shot at stunt for no reason - and sounded like a complete ass in the process.

Here's a thought: Instead of trying to bully and tear Marko Stunt down, maybe Gunner Miller should work on improving himself? I've literally never heard of this indie schmuck before today.