Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/14 - 01/20 Bolsonarism is taking us to the Middle Ages

KawadaSmile

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I can only imagine Vince's thoughts the first time he saw Otis in person. 

Well given that Corey Graves was calling him a hillbilly on RAW, I don't have a good feeling on it.   Hopefully Otis's charisma will overcome whatever shit they think of

So he is now Andrade not Andrade 'Cien" Almas.  Sure why not :wacko:  An incredible match against Rey and hopefully building to many more matches

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Sort of. They are indeed very kid friendly, with a straight man/cuckoolander dynamic, but they can go in the ring and both are actually really young, so both have room to improve.

Tucker was actually part of the Greatest Royal Rumble, so it seems they trust him enough to be on his own. Otis is just the greatest.

Like Edger said, you can give them a good title run, without making them the focus of the division. While comedy acts are not necessarily a bad thing - New Day is legit one of the best tag teams ever and only got over as much as they did after they became a comedy act - they still aren't that skilled.

Still, me and @Zoo Enthusiast probably are the happiest ones with those call-ups.

Hell yeah, dude.  I actually watched Raw tonight when I got home when I saw Heavy Machinery was on.  First WWE TV I have watched in months and I mostly enjoyed it.  Unfortuntately, Nikki Cross got cut from the Hulu version, though.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Heavy Machinery/New Day/Becky interactions to open Smackdown

I got no words.

Best part was Xavier Woods' exper timing popping his jacket open to reveal his THE MAN shirt.

Also Becky's happy go lucky steampunk theme doesn't fit with her new gimmick. It's like having Stone Cold come out to pop music.

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

So he is now Andrade not Andrade 'Cien" Almas.  Sure why not :wacko:  

As much as we all make fun of WWE for shortening names, Andrade "Cien" Almas was a pretty horrendous name and its shortening was inevitable. Not sure how much better just Andrade is though. Every part of the name sucks. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

As much as we all make fun of WWE for shortening names, Andrade "Cien" Almas was a pretty horrendous name and its shortening was inevitable. Not sure how much better just Andrade is though. Every part of the name sucks. 

Cien Almas is better than Mil Máscaras and no one ever complained about that one :lol:

2 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Uh, same can be said for Andrade Almas.

But not Andrade "Cien" Almas, which is what he was almost exclusively referred to as - until now, obviously. Every part of his name is terrible, so even shortening it doesn't help. 

23 hours ago, sek69 said:

The clip WWE uploaded to YouTube (featuring Alexa covering herself up as a thumbnail) managed to get over 2.3 million views,  just barely behind the clip of Braun flipping over the limo.  So as tone deaf as it was, there's clearly an audience for it.

I really wonder what unique views would be. Judging by twitter/reddit, there is a lot of repeat viewing of that video, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I really wonder what unique views would be. Judging by twitter/reddit, there is a lot of repeat viewing of that video, sadly.

Bix made a comment about the thumbnail like "Alexa's bare back = views", and it made me think that clip probably disappointed anyone Googling "Alexa Bliss + bare back" .

1 minute ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Did Chris or Brandon confirm that? Maybe someone else did? Would be interesting to know.

If I recall, there was some kind of weird thing there, like that not being legit.  Then they booked the India shows and couldn’t sell tickets.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Rey and Andrade have the best match I've seen in forever,

Yeah, I thought that match was awesome. I was surprised to see it on television as it felt like a PPV match up until the finish. I think it is a really great idea that they don't use these crazy moves in every match, because when they do use them in a match like this they feel more special. I remember really liking the Andrade/Gargano match in NXT and had given most of the credit for that to Gargano, but now I am rethinking that and wondering if Andrade is actually a much better wrestler than I had previously believed.