Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/3 - 10/3 DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?

FMKK

So Becky comes out the day after taking a beating from Ronda, including being locked in multiple arm bars, barely any worse for wear than normal. They even had Ronda put her in a legit looking arm bar and not that weird one she's been using, and she wasn't even sporting an ace bandage for the trouble.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand the use of wrestling moves in WWE post-match brawls and heel beatdowns. It takes me out of the moment and reminds me that I'm watching a fake pro wrestling fight. An armbar is a legitimate submission, but it's not something you'd do if you were trying to kick someone's ass in a bar fight. If Becky's arm wasn't going to be broken, they should've just had Ronda mount and pummel her.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I can't stand the use of wrestling moves in WWE post-match brawls and heel beatdowns. It takes me out of the moment and reminds me that I'm watching a fake pro wrestling fight. An armbar is a legitimate submission, but it's not something you'd do if you were trying to kick someone's ass in a bar fight. If Becky's arm wasn't going to be broken, they should've just had Ronda mount and pummel her.

Normally I would agree but Ronda seems like the type of person who would try to do submission moves in a bar fight. 

You could argue it was done with a touch of humiliation in mind as well. They’ve obviously been sniping about armbars on twitter so if nothing else you can look at it as a “this is how you REALLY apply an armbar” thing. And she did sort of pummel her a bit as well (a few of her body shots had some extra mustard and looked much better than usual). 

I’d also tend to agree with the general point, but this wasn’t a suplex or a snapmare or some dumb shit. So I’m alright with it. 

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Eh. My favorite part of wrestling is usually when someone does a run-in to do a finisher fest. Kevin Nash doing a walk-in to Lazy Bomb a Luchadore, The Giant Chokeslamming an nWo B-Team member in a match he wasn't in, Austin stunning everyone in sight or what have you. 

I thought the coolest part of the debut of The Nexus was when Justin Gabriel hit the 450 on Cena. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

If I was a trained MMA fighter I'd totally go for an arm bar in a bar fight.

58 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Shit I'd say that it would be better to just snap on a sleeper hold or armbar than going for knockout punches

work smart guys

Neither of those ideas are as good as my preferred method of dealing with physical conflict.  First I shriek like a little girl: "Please don't hit me, I'm a hemophiliac" then I put my hands over my face, start sobbing uncontrollably and run away as fast as I can (still screaming) until I can find a tree to hide behind.

14 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Becky has been hobbling around on crutches for weeks. I think a minor touch of WWE ACE no-selling is fine in this instance. Do you want her to become fully mummified?

After Monday's beating I was expecting WWE to have her go full YET-AAAYYY with her.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Neither of those ideas are as good as my preferred method of dealing with physical conflict.  First I shriek like a little girl: "Please don't hit me, I'm a hemophiliac" then I put my hands over my face, start sobbing uncontrollably and run away as fast as I can (still screaming) until I can find a tree to hide behind.

Yeah I mean I try to act tough in my mind but I'm super chill so I would probably go "it's okay bro"

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Oh, most of my life I've walked away from any kind of fight, with only a few exceptions when it was defending myself. But I spent seven years as a DJ at a strip club where all male employees were also bouncers. I would have loved to have been able to armbar a motherfucker. 

I did once front face lock a guy and flat face bumped him to the floor. Not as cool as a spinning armbar, though. Normally it was just a turnbuckle shot. The turnbuckle being the doorframe.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Oh, most of my life I've walked away from any kind of fight, with only a few exceptions when it was defending myself. But I spent seven years as a DJ at a strip club where all male employees were also bouncers. I would have loved to have been able to armbar a motherfucker. 

I did once front face lock a guy and flat face bumped him to the floor. Not as cool as a spinning armbar, though. Normally it was just a turnbuckle shot. The turnbuckle being the doorframe.

I'm 6'5" and 285lbs. I never looked for trouble, but I've never backed away from trouble. Did a few "bounties" in my time, but they were because those people were bad.

2 minutes ago, Captain Redneck said:

I'm 6'5" and 285lbs. I never looked for trouble, but I've never backed away from trouble. Did a few "bounties" in my time, but they were because those people were bad.

I didn't know Dr. D David Schultz posted here! I heard you built that house with your bare hands, you were gonna go on the space shuttle, and your wife wears a rope belt.

10 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

You can't pull guard out here in these streets.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Oh, and Joe/ Rey/ Truth/ Andrade was fucking dope. I loved that match, and my geek hope is Joe vs Cena at Mania.

You're in luck, Meltz said that was the match it looks like they are planning for Cena.